Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Poling

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2004, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question Alignment Specifications

Good Morning All,

What alignment specifications did you use for your A&C. Mine is for a street application and therefore am not really interested in race only specs.

Thakn you.
John
Old 03-30-2004, 06:50 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     

John:
I asked the same question a while back and did not get a satisfactory reply. Many people say 1976-78 Mustang II alignments spec's. OKAY!!!!! What are the spec's exactly?
I am also seeking a good alignment shop somewhere between Cleveland and Akron, OH area.
Heh, what's the latest with the new arrival or arrivals? Hope that is going well for you guys.
Have you been able to spend anytime in the fab shop at work on the roll bar (2) rings yet. I'm counting on you coming thru on them. I will be in Indiana next week for a couple of days, email me back your phone numbers and address again and I'll try to get in touch with you while in state.
Went for an hour ride on this past Sat, Sun and Mon in cobra. Weather in Northern Ohio was sunny, between 60 to 70 those days so, I had to take it out.
I'm off to Buffalo area on business the next couple of days, will more than likely stop in to A & C and say Hi! Also, plan to stop into Pete Clarks new shop in Dunkirk Fredonia, NY area.
Talk to you soon.
Jim
Old 03-31-2004, 02:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim,

I'm still hopeful I will get some sort of response about the alignment issue. If you get into A&C, could you ask them what they suggest?

As for the new arrivals, it's been a long winter, but they're home now. We arrived back on February 26th. Things are going okay, we are in an adjustment mode now for the kids mostly but also for us.

I finally brought Cobie home this past weekend after a long winter nap at a friends house, I also had him out this past Sunday as we had the same weather pattern as you. Our high on Sunday was 76.

As far as the bar rings, I seem to have misplaced the templates when I gutted the garage and redecorated this winter. It's not a problem though, I can make new templates and get the pieces made for you.

I spent some time now tearing into Cobie for leak repairs and an electric fan upgrade so he is currently out of commision. I hope we don't get any real great cruising weather while he is down.

BTW, I did PM you my phone number so if you get near Fort Wayne and have some extra time, feel free to give me a call.

John.
Speedwaypj likes this.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 351W, C4
Not Ranked     
Default Alignment Specs

Hi Guys,

I spoke with Joe at A&C awhile back and all he told me was to use the specs for a 1976 Mustang II. He didn't give me the specs, but then again I didnt ask because I don't plan on doing the alignment myself.

Jim,

If you stop by A&C see if Joe has the exact specs and post them here.

Tony
Old 03-31-2004, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

OK Guys, here is the specs on the receipt from the place that did the alignment.

Camber -1.1 -1.0
Caster 2.2 2.1
Toe .10"

Now the A&C's, once aligned, will look sort of whacky and I'll probably get a set of adjustable uppers when finances allow. Best I've seen are the Pole Position ones. They supply FFR with them. http://www.polepositionrp.com/select.htm

Here are some pics of what the uppers look like after shimming. Now you will see I've put a strip of 1/2" alum stock in there also before the alignment shims were put in.

I have the large pic also but will only post the smaller one. I'll put a link to the larger one below the pic.

Larger pic at http://www.priveye.com/dls/driverfull.jpg

Larger pic at http://www.priveye.com/dls/passfull.jpg

Hope this answers your questions. By the way, the shop that did my work does alot of race cars and had a computerized alignment machine.

Roscoe
Old 03-31-2004, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

Mine was done on a Hunter Machine, same as Roscoe's but 3.5* caster. I like it much better than the 2* it had before.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brent,
I wanted the 3"-3.5" but the guy could not get more than he did. I think the adjustable uppers is the answer.
Roscoe
Old 03-31-2004, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

Roscoe, another option is to have someone move the chassis mounts. That's what I had to do on one side because they welded the mount on the wrong side of the line.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So....ah....John.......did this help?

Roscoe
Old 04-01-2004, 06:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Roscoe,

Yes, thank you. I still have time for more responses from other A&C owners though.

John
Old 04-01-2004, 06:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

By the way, You can see the brake cooling duct in both pics. I am using the original intakes in the front and running duct to the front rotors.

But that's another post.

Roscoe

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: