Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Phoenix area - A dying wish to ride in a Cobra...can you help? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/114497-phoenix-area-dying-wish-ride-cobra-can-you-help.html)

Brent Mills 02-23-2012 01:59 PM

Thanks for all of your efforts, gang. Wish I could be there to help more.

Gofastoldguy 02-23-2012 02:22 PM

Bob...I emailed to Mike to contact Channel 3 (et al) News and the Republic ASAP . Great human interest story!
Bill

Cobrakeith 02-23-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz (Post 1177469)
Count me in- where are the north side guys meeting?

I'm a new guy and would like to attend. I'd like to meet up with anyone driving East on the Loop 101 going by Scottsdale road since I live up North near Cave Creek. Would that be Mikiec, Fitz or AzBob? Anyplace convenitnt to meet up for anyone coming down that way would be fine with me.
Keith

Y-NOT 02-23-2012 03:00 PM

Bob b

All that you need now is for the cops to block off a burn out area
:cool:
Bill

coangel816 02-23-2012 03:16 PM

Thank You

Thank you all so so so very much for all of your efforts to put this together! You are amazing people! When I told the patient that this was going to happen she almost fell over in excitement. She said "this is one of the most incredible things that has ever happened to us!" Thats a powerful statement. The plan is for her husband to come to the hospice unit to visit her at 11am, then at noon, she will walk outside with him to the parking lot and you will all be out there. Her husband has absolutely NO idea this is taking place. We are soooooooo excited! You are all a blessing to these beautiful people and us at Hospice of the Valley!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Candace

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 02-23-2012 03:30 PM

Keith, we can pull off and on again at the Hayden Rd exit ust east of 101 and Scottsdale rd. There is room there to wait just off the road but still paved. You will see/hear us coming at 10:50am. Join in. We may go south and U-Turn at Mayo Blvd.
Hard to miss us.
AZ Bob

kevins2 02-23-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coangel816 (Post 1177601)
The plan is for her husband to come to the hospice unit to visit her at 11am, then at noon, she will walk outside with him to the parking lot and you will all be out there. Her husband has absolutely NO idea this is taking place.Candace

So, the message is...don't show up early!

Great thing you're doing. Look forward to seeing the photos.

Kevin

Bill Dapuzzo 02-23-2012 04:21 PM

Count me in.Can't say enough about Hospice. They've been there for my Dad and sister-in-law.

mikiec 02-23-2012 04:37 PM

Her husband will know when we arrive.... The building will shake. Is there a special place we should park?

Mike

Cobrakeith 02-23-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB (Post 1177602)
Keith, we can pull off and on again at the Hayden Rd exit ust east of 101 and Scottsdale rd. There is room there to wait just off the road but still paved. You will see/hear us coming at 10:50am. Join in. We may go south and U-Turn at Mayo Blvd.
Hard to miss us.
AZ Bob

That sounds great. I'll be there a little before 11:50am waiting for you. Thanks.
Keith

Cobrakeith 02-23-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobrakeith (Post 1177616)
That sounds great. I'll be there a little before 11:50am waiting for you. Thanks.
Keith

Woops, my bad, a little before 10:50; I'll be in a silver blue 289.
Keith

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 02-23-2012 04:48 PM

Meeting Place for Sunday

Dan Shinn has a good idea, (yea, I'm surprised too,) for all of us to meet in the Basha's parking lot on the SW corner of Brown and Higley at 11:30am. Then we can arrive as a group. I'm sure someone representing the Hospice will direct us.

AZ Bob

Scotchman 02-23-2012 05:49 PM

Basha's it is :)

Danr55 02-23-2012 06:31 PM

Yeah Bob. I'm sure someone will tell us where to go. Why are you surprised? I have good ideas. You've met Adriana. THat is a good idea!

mikiec 02-23-2012 07:24 PM

Where in the world is Higley and Brown?

Trueoo7 02-23-2012 07:32 PM

Photos are nice, but we want video too !!!

Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB 02-23-2012 07:49 PM

Mikie, here is the Basha's location: MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map It is close to our destination. We will pick up Keith along the way, and Ton Torson, maybe.

AZ Bob

coangel816 02-23-2012 07:58 PM

Coordinating

Hi again all! I think the idea of everyone meeting at the Bashas store on Higley and Brown is a good idea then you all can show up at the same time. It would be great if you could pull in at five minutes til noon. We will watch/listen for you! Thanks again

Candace
Hospice of the Valley

Mike Brasfield 02-23-2012 08:11 PM

Mesa Mike here. I don't live far from the site. I'll be glad to throw my black Factory Five Cobra in the event.

vettestr 02-23-2012 08:12 PM

Candace, Check you PM Messages. Jeff C