Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Arizona Cobra's (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/)
-   -   Phoenix area - A dying wish to ride in a Cobra...can you help? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/arizona-cobras/114497-phoenix-area-dying-wish-ride-cobra-can-you-help.html)

Brent Mills 02-22-2012 04:09 PM

Phoenix area - A dying wish to ride in a Cobra...can you help?

I received an interesting and compelling email this afternoon. Hospice does good things for people at the end of their lives. I certainly would offer to help here, but a little out of my driving range (at least at this time of year). :)

Quote:

Good afternoon. I’m a manager at Hospice of the Valley in Phoenix , Arizona . One of my patients who is near the end of her life has a “dying wish” to see her husband (who is also ill, but not as advanced) take a ride in a vintage Cobra. This has been a life long dream of his and we would very much like to make this happen for our patient and her husband. Do you know anyone in the Phoenix area who has a Vintage or even a replica Cobra that would be willing to help us fulfill this request? It would need to take place relatively soon so please respond as soon as possible if you are able.

Thanks so very much!

Candace
This seems like a really good opportunity to make a positive impact. Can someone in AZ assist? Maybe get a group of folks together.... Let me know if we have interest and I'll put you in touch with Candace. Much appreciated.

fordracing65 02-22-2012 04:24 PM

Come on guys this needs to happen, I dont have my car yet, we have so many here that I know will do it, make it happen, God Bless all.

Scotchman 02-22-2012 05:07 PM

Where are they located ? We have Cobra members all over the Valley. I'm in Paradise Valley, and would be happy to help. I have a replica Factory Five. Scott.

fordracing65 02-22-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotchman (Post 1177424)
Where are they located ? We have Cobra members all over the Valley. I'm in Paradise Valley, and would be happy to help. I have a replica Factory Five. Scott.

Ive sent a few texts to some of the guys if you have there number it would be cool to have a bunch of cobras to show up for this gentleman.

Brent Mills 02-22-2012 05:43 PM

Scott/fordracing65, thanks to you guys for reaching out to help. Scott, I removed your phone number because I doubt you really want that floating on the interwebs. :)

Guys, I'm going to add you to an email and if you can help coordinate something for these folks, it would be a really great thing.

dave from mesa 02-22-2012 06:00 PM

Brent
It would help if we knew what area they are in. I have a lowly little 302 but would be willing to help.

fordracing65 02-22-2012 06:06 PM

Your car would be perfect Dave.

Brent Mills 02-22-2012 06:16 PM

All I know is the Phoenix area. I'll let you know more when I know more. And Dave, I don't think there's a cubic inch minimum for this request! :)

mikiec 02-22-2012 07:04 PM

Brent,

If you can email me the info, I can get a gathering assembled as early as this Sunday.

Mike

Danr55 02-22-2012 07:04 PM

Brent, I have a bright red cobra running a big noisy FE motor. I would be happy to provide a ride to these folks. Just email or PM me with the details and we'll make it happen.
Dan

fordracing65 02-22-2012 07:15 PM

I knew you guys would come through, I have all the contact info if needed, just pm me.

greg keller 02-22-2012 07:20 PM

Give a Ride

Brent, we would love to help could you sent date, time, and location to my email. We would love to be there.
gakeller68@yahoo.com

Brent Mills 02-22-2012 07:24 PM

Sounds like we're starting to build some momentum around this which is great. A perfect excuse to get the cars out and do a good deed.

The date, time, place is not solidified yet but I'll look to you guys to work together to coordinate those details.

coangel816 02-22-2012 07:49 PM

Hospice patient

Hi Cobra owners. I'm Candace who works for Hospice of the Valley and submitted the request to make this dying wish come true for our patient and her husband. This patient is currently at our Mesa inpatient facility that is located off of Higley and Broadway. We did get one Cobra owner to commit already but to have a group come together would be unbelievable. It is scheduled to take place at 12pm this coming Sunday the 26th. Please let me know if you would like to participate and can make the scheduled time. You all are kind and wonderful people and this will mean the world to the patient, her husband and all of us at Hospice of the Valley.

The address is:
Hospice of the Valley Arbor Home
6063 E Arbor Ave, Building B
Mesa, AZ 85206

Thank you to any and all who able to come!

Thanks!

Candace

Dangerous Doug 02-22-2012 07:54 PM

Wow! This is so cool that you guys are doing this! Take some pics and post them here so those of us that would absolutely be into this but live too far away to participate can experience the event vicariously.

Pretty cool, guys!

DD

mikiec 02-22-2012 07:58 PM

An email has been sent out to the gang to come visit this thread.

There will be a group of us there.

Noon this Sunday sounds great.

Mike
Pres for Life.

Varmit 02-22-2012 07:58 PM

Way to go guys!!! Wish I was closer, would love to help out!!!!!!

Fitz 02-22-2012 08:22 PM

Count me in- where are the north side guys meeting?

Maricopa 02-22-2012 09:01 PM

Whoever goes let me know. I have T-shirts and maybe a sweat to send along.

csx4910 02-22-2012 09:14 PM

I am very sorry I cant make it Sunday at 12 as currently have my wife's aunt in your Hospice unit out in the west valley on Olive and we are going to visit her. I could come in the later afternoon or even Saturday at any time if he would be up for more than one ride. I am an RT in the east valley and my company has worked some with H.O.V. in the past. You all do an amazing work in helping people in their last days. After 25 years in Healthcare, there is not one organization that does as much for people and families than Hospice. May God bless your efforts to comfort patients and families in their time of need and fufill dreams like these

Please dont hesitate to let me know if you want one or more us us to come Saturday as well as Sunday
Ron