LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowtownCobra View Post
FB page is still there. Some strange stuff......

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/EjhVA2S.jpg[/IMG]

This is his "new Mazda" from a month ago. WTF?
[IG]http://i.imgur.com/ABy9ixQ.png[/IMG]
This too

Old 03-03-2015, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default This should make an impression....nothing else has

Manslaughter charges filed today against Mr. Wilson.
As well they should be.
Oleyellar
Old 03-03-2015, 05:13 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

After reviewing the roadster pictures (on a bigger screen), I concur that it is an early pre 1,600 series FFR MK I chassis.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-03-2015, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Saw this in another article:

"Staff at Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center said Wilson's blood-alcohol content was 0.148 percent, nearly double the state's legal limit of 0.08 percent."

Larry
Old 03-04-2015, 05:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 289 FIA, 363 Stroker
Not Ranked     

I have to say, the torched Mazda daily driver on his Facebook page and the comments that follow are just bizarre. How often does a car get randomly lit on fire?
Regardless, sad story all around. If the guy really did make those comments, then he is a top shelf worthless human being.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
The trend for fatal DUIs, over the last decade, is a very rough 10 years per victim. The fact that she was in the car with him throws a wildcard in to the mix. For instance "we were just having fun and then she reached over and yanked the wheel -- that's why it flipped."
We had a 25 year old kid that worked for us. The kid had a bright future with an engineering degree. 5 years ago one Friday night he went bar hopping with a friend.
A bad accident resulted in his passenger being killed (another one of our employees) as well as the driver of the other car. He was convicted of manslaughter and DUI and is in jail to this day serving 15 years.
Once convicted, the civil lawsuits started and wiped his family out. A damn shame all around. He threw his life away as well as many others. One bad decision is all it takes.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
We had a 25 year old kid that worked for us. The kid had a bright future with an engineering degree. 5 years ago one Friday night he went bar hopping with a friend.
A bad accident resulted in his passenger being killed (another one of our employees) as well as the driver of the other car. He was convicted of manslaughter and DUI and is in jail to this day serving 15 years.
Once convicted, the civil lawsuits started and wiped his family out. A damn shame all around. He threw his life away as well as many others. One bad decision is all it takes.
Yeah, I know it looks bad for him, but maybe there are some extenuating circumstances that will help him out. Imagine for a second that this kid had been racing another kid, and both were drunk, and both crashed in to one another and one was killed, would everyone here still feel the same way (since the victim was a "willing participant" in that example)?
Old 03-04-2015, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yeah, I know it looks bad for him, but maybe there are some extenuating circumstances that will help him out. Imagine for a second that this kid had been racing another kid, and both were drunk, and both crashed in to one another and one was killed, would everyone here still feel the same way (since the victim was a "willing participant" in that example)?
Apples to oranges.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:54 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Apples to oranges.
But what if it isn't? What if she was with him at the bar drinking for hours and then said "C'mon Willie, show me what that car can do!" What if he, at first, declined, and she persisted? Would that change your mind?
Old 03-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

patrick, He had the keys and knew he had been drinking.. No excuses.. no mitigating circumstances. Being responsible for your own actions and the ramifications of those actions is called being an adult.. If more people would teach their kids to be responsible for their own actions and not try to blame society, or the neighbor or the girl friend, or the teacher, or the school, or whomever, we'd all find it a lot easier to understand the crap that is going on in the world today. It's kind of like all of the hubub about bullying.. Don't try to convince the bullys not to be bullys, teach the rest of the kids that sometimes you have to stand up on your hind legs and kick some bully's butt. Or get a baseball bat and do it, or a bunch of you gang up on a bully and kick their butt. What ever it takes, stand up for yourself.. there endith the lecture...
Sorry, but you got me started on my favorite topic..
FatBoy, Bernica, Jaydee and 1 others like this.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 03-04-2015, 01:08 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
But what if it isn't? What if she was with him at the bar drinking for hours and then said "C'mon Willie, show me what that car can do!" What if he, at first, declined, and she persisted? Would that change your mind?
Nope, not mine.
It's just as easy to say "F__k it, let's just get you a cab and I'll give you a ride some other time."
The second decision would be to take that wad of cash out and pay someone to take care of the car until he can pick it up tomorrow and take the cab with her. Could have been a happy ending. Sadly, not so.
750hp likes this.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr55 View Post
patrick, He had the keys and knew he had been drinking.. No excuses.. no mitigating circumstances. Being responsible for your own actions and the ramifications of those actions is called being an adult..
Couldn't agree more.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison LS1
Not Ranked     

What laws do Arizona have about bars serving booze to drunks and letting them leave?
Old 03-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Clayton View Post
What laws do Arizona have about bars serving booze to drunks and letting them leave?
They are called Dram Shop Acts.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:55 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Patrick,

Would you be so stupid as to do this? Honestly, do you believe in what you post, or just want to post for the shock and awe factor.

He was drunk and got behind the wheel of the car, that was his mistake, regardless of what type of car it was. He got in to an accident and cost the life of his passenger, that was mistake number two. Can't wait to hear his excuses in court so he can make mistake number three, PERJURY.

Quote:

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-04-2015, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Patrick,

Would you be so stupid as to do this? Honestly, do you believe in what you post, or just want to post for the shock and awe factor.

He was drunk and got behind the wheel of the car, that was his mistake, regardless of what type of car it was. He got in to an accident and cost the life of his passenger, that was mistake number two. Can't wait to hear his excuses in court so he can make mistake number three, PERJURY.
While I can't disagree with anything you've said, and nor do I think Patrick needs the support, but IF you are being honest, he makes a valid point here, merely offering the other side of the coin.

I DONT like it one little bit, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist... or that your/our/a legal system sadly wouldn't see and choose this side of the coin.

YES, the law can stink!
Old 03-04-2015, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Patrick just likes to cause crap.
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.

Last edited by DWRAT; 03-04-2015 at 02:32 PM..
Old 03-04-2015, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Nope!
Dimis likes this.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
No, that would just tell me he was thinking with his little head, not the big one.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

In the Old West Days, they would look at something like this and just say "Get a Rope".
They almost still do that in Texas, thank God.