Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2015, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

great
appreciate the support.
we will shout you guys lunch and a beer...
just let me know when and where.
cheers
moore_rb likes this.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Olly, your hotel, Sunday morning, 8 o'clock. We'll be heading up the hill so bring some warm clothes, incase it gets nippy. My car doesn't have a heater. I sent you an eMail with my phone number. Please respond to it with your hotel's phone number and either your name or your room number, if for some reason (rain) I need to get ahold of you.

Good with you, Robert?
Old 11-11-2015, 12:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Karl
That sounds great.we will be ready.
I'm not sure where you sent the message to but I can't find it.
Can you resend or PM it to me here on the cobra club site.
Thanks
Old 11-11-2015, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

OK, this all sounds cool to me!

Sunday morning, 8am, meet at the lobby of the Double Tree Suites at

320 N 44th St, Phoenix, AZ 85008

Karl has my phone number, and I'll PM it to Olly right now.

I have today off work, and I'm going to re-locate my car's fuel pump pickup, to eliminate this irritating issue where the pickup sucks air whenever I romp it with lass than 1/2 tank of fuel.

I think I'll also bolt up my "quiet" sidepipes, so that no one goes deaf on our day trip (Unless you Kiwi's want to spend your day surrounded by the glorious music of FIA-style 3-inch race pipes bouncing off the canyon walls... )
Old 11-11-2015, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

thanks rob
dont mind either way regarding the side pipes. dont go to any extra work on our account.
personally i love the sound of a V8 bouncing off the canyon, as long as its only the exhaust note bouncing and not the car
Old 11-14-2015, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3/302/570 street avenger
Not Ranked     

Take your raincoats !
Old 11-14-2015, 04:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah I was just checking the weather forecast for Sunday- 60% chance of rain in Globe, 80% chance in Show Low, and 60% chance in Payson... Salt River Canyon could be a very cold, wet run.

The forecast on the western side of the state looks a lot better- no rain forecasted for Sedona, Prescott or Flagstaff...

Maybe when we head out from the Kiwi's hotel in the morning, we should drive North, instead of East... ?
Old 11-14-2015, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fine with me. I get no thrill out of riving in the rain. See you about 8am.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just saw one of you guys drive through reception area.didnt get time to stop you.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Olly- Karl just called me and said he couldn't make it... Did he get ahold of you?

If someone else shows up to provide the 2nd seat (not sure who that would be) then call me, and I'll head that way...
Old 11-15-2015, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2114
Not Ranked     

Well after a false start this morning I finally got to meet Olly, Mark and Robert at the hotel. I wasn't sure I could make it until this morning and thought I had missed Karl and Robert so I headed back home. Come to find out Karl had a mishap with his car and couldn't make the drive so I headed back to the hotel after a call from Robert. We met up later than planned and didn't go far but we did go for a drive the back way to Fountain Hills for brunch at Phil's Filling Station Grill. We had a good time and only got rained on on the way back to the hotel. Not what was planned but we had a good time anyway. Hope to see Olly and Mark in the states in the future.
Keith

Last edited by Cobrakeith; 11-15-2015 at 02:48 PM..
Old 11-15-2015, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 468ci 550HP + 150HP NX Matching Shelby GT500 650HP
Send a message via AIM to Bob Broberg SPF667 460BB
Not Ranked     

Thanks for all your efforts Keith and Robert. You have represented us well. The AZ Cobras are proud of you, rain or shine.

AZ Bob
Old 11-15-2015, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yeah, it was a good time for everyone, except Karl...

Keith saved the day, and his car got some good miles put on it.

Olly and Mark figured they brought the weather over with them from Aukland, but they are both great guys. Mark was a real trooper riding shotgun in my car with no roof - Fortunately the rain only hit us really heavy for the last 15 miles or so of our drive. The rest was just light drizzles.

Olly- don't forget to upload some of the latest pictures of your car- That's a very impressive looking machine. Look us up the next time you are in Phoenix, and we'll do it again...

Last edited by moore_rb; 11-15-2015 at 05:38 PM..
Old 11-18-2015, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey guys
A very big thanks to Keith and rob and also Karl,sorry for your troubles.it's a shame we couldn't meet up.
It's just a great feeling to know that when you share a common interest and you come from the other side of the world(the better part of the world of course)
It doesn't matter who you are you can still find genuine and good hearted people to share your interest with and are willing to put themselves out there.
Mark and I had a great morning talking crap about cars and having a drive, even if the weather wasn't favourable. It didn't really matter.

I have to say that I,and the cobra club , of New Zealand would like to offer the chance to return the favour to anyone coming our way and show you a little of our part of the world also. So the offer is open to you all. I hope some of you take the opportunity to take us up on it..February/March are the best months.

Rob-will definitely load the pics when I get back.

Thanks again guys and hope to see you in the future.
Cheers
Olly
Old 06-27-2016, 10:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi guys
Been a while , but I've finally uploaded some pics of my finished car.
If your confused about the steering wheel, just pretend I took the photos in a mirror.
Hope to see one of you down here one day.
Cheers
Old 06-28-2016, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks awesome Olly!... Ready to tear up the track.

Of course, you stated that these are pictures of the "finished" car, and I know that's a lie...

Be sure to post more pictures when the next set of "improvements" get made...
Old 06-28-2016, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2114
Not Ranked     

Really great looking car Olly! It looks just a bit more refined than my little 289 LOL. At least we didn't get soaked on the little drive we took when you last visited. Enjoy your ride.
Keith
Old 06-28-2016, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Olly, well done! "She Who Must Be Obeyed" and I are planning a 28 day trip to your part of the world. Thanks for the tip about Feb./March being the best weather. I'll let you know just when and hopefully, I can buy you a beer to make up for leaving you stranded, after I broke my car, when you were in Phx.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rob - ive been to the track a couple of times already. we have a redeveloped circuit close to auckalnd that can split the track to a smaller circuit and has just opened for hire, so im organising a day with the NZ cobra club..cant wait.
and your right....its never finished. I just missed out by a few hours on a set of koni shocks from one of the guys there in PHX. they were a fantastic price, i was so gutted to miss them. they were from a FFR. anyway, will update with next phase.

Keith - thanks for that. yeah im pretty happy with it. not bad for a back yard self build. no kit. as for the 289, theres nothing wrong with that. they are a great little motor and sound awesome. i was thankful for the top that day...sorry you had to drive so far. thanks again.

Bob - thats great news. make sure you PM or email me when you know your plans and i would be more than happy to sort something out wihtyou. if you need somewhere to stay for a night or two let me know.most welcome.
as for the beer, i think i should buy you a beer, as its the least i could do for the pain I caused your door, and your pocket$$.
be great to have you here and show you around
look forward to hearing from you.

its been a long road creating my car, but worth it in the long run.

cheers
Old 06-28-2016, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Olly, Olly, Olly! While we do have a few "Bobs" and a "Robert" in the group, I'm not one of them. Praise the Lord!
I'll certainly be dropping you a note when we've established our dates and itineraries.

BTW, Keith was referring to his car's model, not his engine. His car is an ERA brand 289FIA, same as mine, except he doesn't have Webers, yet, and he's smart enough to not have snagged his door on a lift post.