Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     
Default Windsor Vacuum hoses

Hi

Can anyone help with a diagram for vac hoses for my 302 please?

Also up to bleeding brakes and clutch......I haven't bled a whole system from scratch before so any opinions on using a vac or pressure bleeding system (or 13y/o on the pedals) appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2010, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Can not help with the hoses, but on the brakes and clutch, I would connect a clear bundy plastic tube to the furthest rear brake caliper bleed nipple, run the other end of tubing into a container (old brake fluid container is good) and leave the nipple open and the cap loose - let it gravity bleed till you have fluid in the bottle.
Keep an eye on the reservoir so it does not run out.
Then when the end of tube in bottle is immersed in fluid, give the pedal a couple of slow gentle pumps, this will push the fluid out, and then as you take your foot off the pedal it will suck a small amount of the fluid in the bottle into the hose.
Then do the furthest front (L/H) the same way then the R/H front, and lastly the R/H rear.

Once that is done then I would just pressure bleed using the same hose in bottle trick, starting at Left Rear and working anti clockwise around teh car.
Get your 13 year old to hold a moderate pressure on brake pedal and slowly open the nipple.

Do the clutch in the same way.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Boxy
My enquiry re pressure bleeding meant to refer to using a pressurised pot that screws onto the master cyl...a gizmo that you can buy supposedly to make the process easier.
I've done a few motorbikes before and they can be mongrels, someone told me a vacuum or pressure kit is the answer.......anyway i'll try the standard method that you described first and see if it goes ok.
Just curious, why when the rear circuit shares the same line until it splits at the diff, do you leave the right rear to last?
Greg
Old 03-02-2010, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

I have the whole diagram of them at home Greg. Will send tonight.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

With the split at the diff your main issue when starting from scratch on the rear is to get the air from the master cylinder to the T piece out.
You could do left rear the right rear, would really make no difference, this is just how I have allways done it.
I like to get the majority of air out first, and most is in the pipe, that is why I happily move to the front brakes once I know the backs have fluid getting to them.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Greg - not exactly sure which ones (motor/EEC) you have there or indeed which hoses you need to keep. I removed most of them from my US motor (smog pump etc).

These might help:

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/te...uumDiagram.jpg

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/te...g5.0Vacuum.gif

http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=93

This site generally is useful: http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncobra View Post
Thanks Boxy
My enquiry re pressure bleeding meant to refer to using a pressurised pot that screws onto the master cyl...a gizmo that you can buy supposedly to make the process easier.
I've done a few motorbikes before and they can be mongrels, someone told me a vacuum or pressure kit is the answer.......anyway i'll try the standard method that you described first and see if it goes ok.
Just curious, why when the rear circuit shares the same line until it splits at the diff, do you leave the right rear to last?
Greg
Bleed the longest line first.
As for vacuum bleeders...you have to seal up the nipples with a heavy grease or something similar so when you crack them air doesn't get in past the threads. I bought a vacuum unit and did the clutch circuit. I thought it did a good job but after unbolting the master cylinder I couldn't push it back into position...I was trying to operate the clutch slave. This turned out to be an adjustment problem BUT there must have been air in the master cylinder. I've always done a final bleed with the traditional two man method. Especially on the brake system.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks fellas for all that.

I'll try the conventional bleed before the fancy gadgets.

Merv, thanks for the "very useful" pages........there's no fewer than 7 connections fitted to my intake manifold, i guess a few of those were for pollution gear but way more than i can find connections to. Anyway I'll start mating up a what i can from the pics and then plug the rest i 'spose.

Greg
Old 03-03-2010, 04:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Can confirm that an 11 year old's leg does wear out after a full system bleed.

And be wary I thought I had the back licked and then just got air when I swapped sides so then just had to oscilate between the two brakes until I did pump out all the air. Can be a little bit tricky.

Waiting to see if the boyo, now 14, will fair better with the next full bleed.

Have fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: