Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Sideshow and Doubledip,

I just wanted your opinion on it for which you are entitled to have. Thankyou for that. Sounds like the issue isnt the equipment but the availability of people that can tune them. Dont worry, i wouldnt be buying from Eagle if thats who you are refering to. The kits are half the price elsewhere.

Craig,

Have you had an emmissions test done with the GMPP controller? I was told they dont comply with emmissions and that only the E-Rod does but that information may not be correct.

Cheers
Old 04-18-2011, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to Doubledip
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
How can i tell the type of controller i have, it has bar codes and part numbers "12597121" & "12603892" but nothing the resembles "E38" what ever that means.
What Controller should i have got for ease of operation ?

RE: Cruise control, if factory isn't the go, what is,
Where does it pick up the speed signal from, ABS Sensors ? Speedo ?, something else?, do i need a separate controller or is it part of Engine controller.
so ECU's have E38 on the white stickers .. others dont... but on the finned side if you look closely at the top you will see a tiny casting saying E38 (or E40 , E67)

as for the service part no.s 12597121 is a E38 (MY07 - originally VE) 12603892 is a E38 (MY06 - originally VZ)

as for curise i would recommend just sticking with factory setup... GM dont spend millions on this stuff to do it wrong. It can be setup and works excellent in a no Holden vehicle.. Speak to the workshop that is going to supply the harness for you and they should be able to set it up for you along with the ABS
Old 04-18-2011, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Sideshow and Doubledip,

Sounds like the issue isnt the equipment but the availability of people that can tune them.
for me the tuning isnt an issue personally as i am not a tuner - tuning is a problem from what i hear for others... my issue is the loom is made to be very universal in its application and this is where it falls done big time for people wanting a nice job. AS i said once i post pics it will be a little clearer for those who havent seen one in the flesh. I hadn't until about a week ago and i just shake my head at this poor customer and the amount of money he has spent on it (along with the GMPP transmission controller - as the GMPP looms dont do auto) and it still needs to be modded now to fit his Aussie Alternator etc...

Last edited by Doubledip; 04-18-2011 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: spelling :)
Old 04-18-2011, 03:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

Sideshow nothing mutual mate!!!
......Actually love the work you guys do!!!!! as I've said previously you offer GREAT advice to nearly all that is questioned on here in your field and when you feel the need to correct any mis-information....
As far as Bagging a Product well go for it I guess if you've been rep remanded for doing so ..........well????It was obviously outta line
The thing that pi$$es me off is the CHEAP shots and the I don't need you mentality you have on here!!!
.....you say you didn't bag anyone THIS TIME ...well mate you did!! you had a go at mr mizzi and 400TT "hey dave u might as well take your car to ozcobra or 400tt as they seem to know about the abs and trc setups"
The times I've ragged you you've bagged the cobra guys that have had the GALL TO GO TOO SOMEBODY ELSE and not you!!!....
Mate it says more about the YOU that the guys here that have chosen to go elsewhere through whatever circumstance be it $$$$,Locality or their own attempt at doin it ....Then CHOOSE to come and see you for the fix.

Take the good with the bad mate...small business is fickle you can only bite the hand that puts food onya plate so many times!!!

DITTO!!!!....
Had you let doubledip do all the talking for your business, you would be far better off.

He does seem to come on hear a get things back on track with a RATIONAL RESPONSE!!!

M2CW...

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by OZCOBRA; 04-18-2011 at 08:14 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
hey dave u might as well take your car to ozcobra or 400tt as they seem to know about the abs and trc setups and since no more cobra guys come to us due to these forums
You say some crazy stuff on here Sideshow - but this one is my favourite.

This forum has nothing to do with cobra guys not coming to you - YOUR childish and ignorant rants and smart arse attitude and finishing every sentence with hehehehehehe making you sound like a bloody 2 year old are part of the reason why cobra guys dont go to you (there are other reasons too). Take some responsibility for what YOU say that has resulted in a negative impact on you and your business. Friggin kids that blame anything or anyone but themselves for their problems.

Had you let doubledip do all the talking for your business as I had said many times before, you would be far better off. He must just want to smash your keyboard over your head sometimes. I dont think you would feel anything.

Cheers
Old 04-18-2011, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3514, LS3, Dual Quads, Holley Dominator EFI, TR6060, VE 3.7 LSD, AP Racing Brakes, 17x8 & 10 Custom Dragway Billet Wheels.
Not Ranked     

Well.....OK
Just trying to keep this on track for my sake,

So an E38 ECU appears to be what I've got, Is that the ideal ECU for the LS7 for my application ?

If i want to put ABS on, what other components do i need. or is it just about wiring now.

If i want to put on Cruise, what other components do i need, other than a set/resume cancel mechanism and wiring.
The LS7 is fly by wire on both the stock manifold or the Kinsler.

Is there an ABS computer ? Is there a cruise Computer etc etc.

Cheers
Old 04-18-2011, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

The E38 ecu is old and simple. You can easily program it to run MAFLESS as all the Commodore guys do.

So yes, the E38 is an ideal choice for your LS7.

Sorry we just haven't done ABS, Traction or Cruise with the factory GM ECU's so can't help with your other answers.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dave,

I dont think that the kinsler is drive by wire, the delphi can be made to work on 8 throttles but it is a bit of stuffing around you may have to go to motec or similar.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

i think half of u guys should take a chill pill its not as if i killed someone
i just said someones name
ozcobra has bagged me on a post 2 weeks ago even though i didnt offend anyone
but i kept quiet
and he did the same this time after all i did was give my opinion to a conversion
we spent ages to get john cinis abs all talking to each other and working so its not as if
our opinion is pulled from the sky
anyway i have had enough of the attitude of 2 or 3 people on this forums that every single time i reply to something they put people down straight away
so i do not want to have any involvement with anything that has the word cobra in it

and dave if u want our opinion on how we would set it up email doubledip because i do not want to touch another cobra again since afew are up themselves
and think that the cobra is the only car in the world and they r always right

so anyone wanting any info or prices get in touch with doubledip as i wont reply to anything conbra related anymore
we have helped people who have bought these kits from the usa as they r ok but afew
niggly issues but all those guys we have helped have not said the problems they have run into probably to they dont upset the person selling them on here as there is so much favourtisim so everyone else is saying how good they r but the ones we have had to sort out r staying out of this well fk u all
i hope i dont see another cobra again

www.sideshowsperformancewiring.com.au
Old 04-18-2011, 08:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #69, HSV LS2, T56, Custom rear suspension
Not Ranked     

Dave,

I had a reply from Brian at Kinsler about a month ago in regards to the Crossram setup and he said that it did not use DBW and required a stand alone ECU.

Whether that applies to other setups in the Kinsler range I don't know.

Cheers
Old 04-18-2011, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

krait,

Can I ask how much you were quoted?

thanks

steve
Old 04-18-2011, 08:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post
The E38 ecu is old and simple. You can easily program it to run MAFLESS as all the Commodore guys do.

Sorry we just haven't done ABS, Traction or Cruise with the factory GM ECU's so can't help with your other answers.
Hi Craig... what do you mean by old and simple. E38 came out same time as E67... they are basically the same ECU just one does CAN only (E38) and the other does CAN and Serial (E67).

I was under the impression that the reason behind it (E67) was that it was easier for the US to make it backwards compatible with their other internal equipment where as us Aussies installed a translator - may be wrong.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

dont go aftermarket as it will more than likely not pass engineering (but there is another debate for another time) .. stay factory and Harrop do a FBW 8 throttle body setup.

and yes we can and have done a factory setup with cruise and ABS and as brought up in the 3rd post John has done some and we wired one for him a year or so ago.. and cruise control on about 6 or 7 conversion vehicles
Old 04-18-2011, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
i think half of u guys should take a chill pill its not as if i killed someone
i just said someones name
ozcobra has bagged me on a post 2 weeks ago even though i didnt offend anyone
but i kept quiet
and he did the same this time after all i did was give my opinion to a conversion
we spent ages to get john cinis abs all talking to each other and working so its not as if
our opinion is pulled from the sky
anyway i have had enough of the attitude of 2 or 3 people on this forums that every single time i reply to something they put people down straight away
so i do not want to have any involvement with anything that has the word cobra in it

and dave if u want our opinion on how we would set it up email doubledip because i do not want to touch another cobra again since afew are up themselves
and think that the cobra is the only car in the world and they r always right

so anyone wanting any info or prices get in touch with doubledip as i wont reply to anything conbra related anymore
we have helped people who have bought these kits from the usa as they r ok but afew
niggly issues but all those guys we have helped have not said the problems they have run into probably to they dont upset the person selling them on here as there is so much favourtisim so everyone else is saying how good they r but the ones we have had to sort out r staying out of this well fk u all
i hope i dont see another cobra again
Well mate would like to say you'll be missed.........If the SH!T sticks wear it..

Every time you open your trap you shoot ya mouth off and OFFEND....hehehehehehehehehe!!!!!

Re-read what I've said followed by your Dumb Arse COMMENTS....and see who has bagged who on here....I've actually commended the work you guys do THERE and ON HERE!!!....and in the process tried to Illuminate that space in your Cranium about the way you Dis the Cobra community as a whole!!!!.

And with your finishing statement...."well fk u all"
GOODBYE!!!!

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by OZCOBRA; 04-18-2011 at 09:25 PM..
Old 04-18-2011, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post

just found the site i was looking for ... the e38 and e67 came out at the same time and run the same processor etc... E67 has a couple more input/outputs used for variable cam timing so it says .. so in the normal conversion in Australia it is really wasted.. as we dont get the variable timing version engines (unless of course some one specially imports one)

"For 2006, GM introduced two new ECMs, E38 and E67. These controllers look somewhat similar to the E40, but slightly different connectors exist on each of the three, and none interchange. The new ECMs featured a departure from the historied 68000 series chip for a new Motorola PowerPC based 40 MHz, 32-bit RISC processor and a flash memory bumped up to a hefty 2 megabytes, or 2048 kilobytes-twice that of the replaced controllers. They are also the first GM controllers to feature floating-point processing, an improvement to the accuracy in which it makes calculations. The E67 has a slight edge on E38, thanks to its additional input/output lines, thus making it the choice for vehicles with variable valve timing"
Old 04-18-2011, 11:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

sideshow you crack me up...........talk about a dummy spit
Old 04-18-2011, 11:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3514, LS3, Dual Quads, Holley Dominator EFI, TR6060, VE 3.7 LSD, AP Racing Brakes, 17x8 & 10 Custom Dragway Billet Wheels.
Not Ranked     

Krait

I haven't spoken with Kinsler, just assumed from some pics that it had a DBW ability due to the mounting on the front of the throttle linkage, see below, what would this be for then, throttle position ?

Old 04-18-2011, 11:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

thats for TPS sensor i am pretty sure
Old 04-18-2011, 11:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Looks like a location to bolt a standard GM TPS sensor. I believe these are made by Delphi. You could probably remove the one from your stock throttle body and bolt it straight on.

Holden Throttle Position Sensor - Commodore Adventra 5.7L Gen3

Cheers

Old 04-19-2011, 12:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Yep. Definatly a TPS mount.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.