Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon View Post
Baz, will your brake and callipers fit into the reduced space of the 15" wheel?
I hope so Merv. I have a Jag rear end with inboard brakes which sit up near the diff housing. The tyres that I was thinking of putting on were around 30 cms wide not 30 inches. The things a Cobra not a Road Roller

Baz
Old 02-03-2012, 10:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison Cobra, SC540 Roadster
Not Ranked     

Like Craig W, I looked how I could lower the car and get the tyres to fill the guards without scraping everything.
I replaced the twin 2.5" exhaust with quad 1.75" pipes. Picked up .75" there, replaced the 275/40/17 with 285/40/17 rears and 245/45/17 with 255/50/17 fronts. Unless you are looking you don't really notice the different tyre profile between the front and rear.
Overall I lowered the car another .5" on the rear and about 1" on the front. After adjusting the ride height to a level that the sump doesn't get scrapped over every speed bump the tyres now fill the guards nicely with only about 18mm gap to the rear guardsand 28mm gap on the front.

Warren

Last edited by WKB; 02-03-2012 at 10:38 PM..
Old 02-03-2012, 10:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Yes Baz. I know that since I fitted the AP Racing calipers and larger discs I could not go to a smaller rim than 17". Your car is looking great now.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

M&H 325/45-17 and Coys wheels pics! - Chevelle Tech

Don't be put off by the "325" width, as it's not really that wide. The pics show that it might be the combination of the correct width with the extra sidewall you're looking for.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

Baz, here are a few pics, hope this what you are after. There is still room in the guards for bigger, either diameter or profile as Craig said with the 325 45 17.

I have to agree with Craig and Dave, Billboards would be my choice if I was to go to 15's. However 18's may open up some more tyre options as well.

As Mike and Craig W mentioned, lowering will assist with reducing the gap. I have gone as far as I would go (see last pic).

Old 02-04-2012, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Leroy17' the rims look fantastic, who made them? I reckon your car sits just right.

Regards.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Yes Leigh, it is looking great. I would stay with the 17". Those disks and rotors may not fit in otherwise.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy17 View Post
Baz, here are a few pics, hope this what you are after. There is still room in the guards for bigger, either diameter or profile as Craig said with the 325 45 17.

I have to agree with Craig and Dave, Billboards would be my choice if I was to go to 15's. However 18's may open up some more tyre options as well.

As Mike and Craig W mentioned, lowering will assist with reducing the gap. I have gone as far as I would go (see last pic).

Thanks Mate,

These pics have solved my problem.

Baz
Old 02-05-2012, 12:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando View Post
Leroy17' the rims look fantastic, who made them? I reckon your car sits just right.

Regards.
Mando, the rims are the same as yours. Pin drive with a centre nut as the spinners sit out to far.

A friend of mine made up a satin metalic gunmetal powdercoat (awesome powdercoater - would recomend to anyone), we redid the centres. Bolts are replaced with hi tensile low head ones which were then sent to a place in Melbourne and were hot black oxide coated (these guys coat many items for 888 Racing and some other V8 supercar teams). Wheels rebuilt, the low head bolts sit just about flush on the wheel centre which I think cleaned up the appearance and the satin finish reduces the reflective surfaces and edges that the wheels has for a more consistant look.

Baz, good to know the pics were o.k.

Cheers.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
Ben, you're thinking of two different Craigs. I don't have anywhere near the toys that Craig White is putting together. Dad's Arntz swallowed the 20x10 and 315/35/20 combination, but it might struggle with the 20x14 and 455/25/20 wheels that I also have for the Chevelle.

The 20x10 "Boss 338" wheels stay on it for the street, as they are MUCH more legal...
Awesome ride!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
Ben, you're thinking of two different Craigs. I don't have anywhere near the toys that Craig White is putting together. Dad's Arntz swallowed the 20x10 and 315/35/20 combination, but it might struggle with the 20x14 and 455/25/20 wheels that I also have for the Chevelle.

The 20x10 "Boss 338" wheels stay on it for the street, as they are MUCH more legal...
Very awesome.

Wheels the size of hot tubs.......... and I can only imaging how that must sound, let me know when you are going for a drive.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

It's a bit quieter now that the side-exiting pipes are gone and 4 big mufflers have been fitted. You should have come to Hope Island on Sunday...