Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 04:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxeaus View Post
.........and yes i have seen this vehicle before, certainly is a car with "history" so to speak.
Do tell !!!????.....
Tengu likes this.

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-30-2012, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic CCX3021 Keith Craft 428fe
Not Ranked     

You assume too much Aussie.... and there's no protocol for joining a forum....any one can jump in any time. I'm fairly recent to the Aussie group so I apologise to most of you for being blunt, but lets just stay on track with car talk, and leave the b*tchin at home eh?
Old 11-30-2012, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengu View Post
and there's no protocol for joining a forum....any one can jump in any time.
subject to agreeing to the forum's terms and conditions (rules), which we all did when registering on this site.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Agreed Modena. I was referring more to when and how people start participating.

Last edited by Tengu; 12-01-2012 at 01:21 AM..
Old 12-01-2012, 03:26 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

So, back on subject with some questions.

Where the car was stored, how easy was it to get the car out where it would not have to be started first? If the driveway was uphill to the street, or the driveway long enough where it would have had to be started to get it out of the garage? This is an important question as several have commented how they "heard the car before seeing it".

Does the insurance company know that the car was being offered for sale for over a year at the inflated value and had not sold. I ask as this too is an important part of the investigation more to help eliminate suspects right off the bat.

Specialty car theft is usually done on an "order only" basis, meaning that this was not just a random car theft. Means along with the motive is now what drives (no pun intended) the who, what, and where of the investigation.

Again, just my thoughts on the original subject, not meant to imply anything of a criminal nature by the current, legal owner of the car in any way, shape, or form.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 12-01-2012, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison LS1
Not Ranked     

In the Chicago area, there is a faction of Polish Mafia that steal cars on order as to made,model and even color---the cars generally are a few years old, parked on the streets in residentail areas of Chicago---put in shipping containers and transported to the east coast where they are loaded on boats for the trip east--------

Then there are chop shops---stealing cars for parts supply because insurance companies want to used recycled parts---so the insurance companies are underwriting the chop shops by supplying them with an industry need for parts--What color front end do you want???????
Old 12-02-2012, 01:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

G'Day Jerry. I had a little episode when I was restoring a 73 Mustang for my cousin. I was waiting ages for some trim parts and later found out that my supplier was in jail for having stolen mustangs in his containers. I never got the parts but I DID get my money back. It must be hard for crooks nowadays.. they have to be right up there with the computer stuff and internet techniques. We all have to be a little bit more cautious.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 registered Brushed Kirkham polished stripes, 427 FE kieth craft 482 efi.ss chassis and all the go gear .
Not Ranked     
Default Noise ?..

I dunno ?

I live in a rather quiet neighbourhood and a culdesac ,
Every time I fire up one of my cars I am sure the neighbours curse me and know I am off some where !

I would never start up @ night.

I just hope he hasn't got the same insurance company as me as I would hate to see the new premium rate !

Soul.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The location is in a very small secluded valley of maybe a couple dozen exclusive properties. The cobra could not be discreet if started. Even during daytime the area is dead quiet. A large truck would also be noticed by neighbours.
But I must emphasise that regardless of what snippets of information are available that raise questions for many, making any suggestions of guilt in a public forum should be avoided.

Last edited by Tengu; 12-04-2012 at 03:10 AM..
Old 12-03-2012, 01:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years- Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-13-2012, 12:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB #145, Ford 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     

Been Away on DARWIN, no new news then, has insurance paid out, does anyone one know, or will we have to wait to see policy premiums go up to get that news?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

I would suggest that the insurance company investigation is still ongoing. They don't like to jump to conclusions any more readily than we should.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
I would suggest that the insurance company investigation is still ongoing. They don't like to jump to conclusions any more readily than we should.
I work for an insurance company in auto claims, we wait 30 days before any payout is made on a stolen vehicle....

last year we had an 07 GT 500 with all of 4000 miles on it stolen, waited the 30 days,paid them and got the title as it now belongs to the insurance company and lo and behold a few months later the car was found in a large warehouse with a number of other high end/high $$$ cars, cops suspected waiting to be shipped out of the country.......
They ran the VIN and it showed the insurance company now owned the car, they called us and told us to come get your car and we did.......not a scratch on it, a little dusty,but that was it, only had a few extra miles on it since it had been stolen.......
it sold in one day for 75% of the pay out,someone got a heck of a deal on a low mileage cream puff 07 GT 500..........it was offered to me,but before I could get to the bank and get the $$$ someone else showed up with cash in hand and left with the car......
Old 12-13-2012, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David I will forward u my list of desirable cars in case any come up.
Cheers
Bruce
Old 12-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by macloft View Post
David I will forward u my list of desirable cars in case any come up.
Cheers
Bruce
Of course you realize I have a "small" finders fee.........LOL,LOL.....just kidding............

When these cars come up and it is not often,the employees have a 24 hour notice,afterwards if goes public.........

On stolen cars/trucks we probably have something like a 10% or less recovery rate......

David
Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

Rumour on the street is that CSX 4048 has been 'found'
Old 03-06-2013, 03:06 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legless View Post
Rumour on the street is that CSX 4048 has been 'found'
Do tell

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-07-2013, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Any more info Legless?
Old 03-07-2013, 02:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 302 Ford HO Block
Not Ranked     

Not much info Bill, I was hoping you had some more details Tengu. At the meeting the other night I heard third hand that the the car was found parked and left in a street unmolested. We can all draw our own conclusions from that but if its true I'm guessing the insurance guys weren't forthcoming with a payout.
Hopefully the guys that know the details will fill us in.

pm sent
Old 03-08-2013, 12:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB #145, Ford 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     

Good find if verified...so question is "why have premiums escalated by 10 PCT"...oh...OK...thats cos they insurance companies...surely there is accountability ere somewhere...and no...was not at my place...for the sake of the breed that is cobra continuations..if legit info rather than dros...what needs to be done to sort this as I hate seeing a beautiful pup..(ahem...I mean car) not being at the right home