Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 08:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: PACE427 under construction
Not Ranked     
Default PACE 427 cars

I'll be painting it but still undecided on the colours- always was a fan of dark blue with white stripes and a black leather interior. No track work just weekend drives and perhaps an occasional show and shine.

Probably should start a build thread at some point but my pics look very much like Brads (thankfully). I bought a beer fridge and am having a tv installed in the garage in the next couple of weeks (so there is no rush to finish in the next few months)
Cobra01 likes this.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

A beer fridge and a TV is a good start for a build thread Doc... Pics would be great...

I am hoping they will turn soil on my new colorbond garage this week. So far I have an old 76cm CRT TV, bar fridge, an old amp and some dodgy speakers. If only I had a kit to work on!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace 427 SC
Not Ranked     

Hey Doc,

What engine are you going to run and what gearbox and what diff ratio

I like the tv and beer fridge idea

Cheers

Brad
Old 01-08-2014, 02:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post
after paying close to $15,000 for him to do the compliance work I shouldn't expect the headlights indicators tailights demisters windscreen wipers or windscreen squirters or anything to be finished or wired for that matter.
This will be my only response here to Damage, sorry for the thread drift. Actually Damage has paid $11, 948 for the work that was completed. Damage was informed the electrical wiring was not performed and was not charged for it. This is the incomplete portion he is talking about. On top of the compliance work, we also installed the suspension, performed work on brake lines, installed differential, assembled and installed axles, installed fluids, worked on brake lines, worked on dent removal etc. Then it involved a lot of custom work due to the specification of his car. e.g. custom machining compliant fuel filler internal cap housing to suit his Lemans housing etc.

I am waiting for contact details from Damage for his engineer. I have supplied a full engineering spec list to him and recommended an engineer so he can get compliance work started. He has enough to progress it, the ball is in his court.

I have not charged Damage for the items or paperwork that have not been supplied or completed.

I wish we could have performed the work faster and make no excuses for the time it took.
Wazza and Cobra01 like this.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hewey, there are no finished driving examples yet. The first customer kits were delivered last year and we have supplied them at a discounted price to owners as a reward for their faith in us.

We do not have a finished demo car. We are certainly doing the best we can to complete one and assist our owners finishing their kits as fast as possible.

The level we have designed and constructed this kit to does not unfortunately lead to quick prototyping of parts to build a demo quickly. What would be the point of building a demo car that does not use production level parts? Due to the resources it would take to produce it, we decided to extend the reach and extent of our computer aided testing and prototyping.

For example to produce the chassis units to the level we required needed a production facility setup and expert fabricators employed. It is unfortunately not something you can turn off, so the facility has been continuing to produce parts.

Same goes for body to get it to the level required. We have built our own composite shop.

From our experience we could not produce these main components to the required level if we outsourced the manufacture.

We also needed to manufacture an extensive body fitment jig to fit the bodies to the accuracy we required.

And then we have the volume manufactured parts we have designed for the PACE 427. The prototype parts are not suitable for use, so we need a full production run to get a single usable part. Some of our minimum production runs are hundreds of parts.

And it takes time to sample off-the-shelf part suppliers and find parts at the required level of quality. e.g. windscreens. We have these being produced for us now at the quality required.

Our PACE 427 build manual is already 186 pages long, full colour with some fold out A3 sized exploded diagrams. Also contains 100's of high resolution images for the DVD. We are working on it in conjunction with our manuals for our other products, so a work in progress.

I am blessed to have a passionate team and we certainly appreciate the support we have received. The current difficult economic times makes it even more difficult to bring a product of this level to market. We are just performing the finishing touches and result has exceeded our expectations. So we expect our customers should be satisfied as well.

Attached a page from our build manual, enjoy.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

That drawing puts other so called "manuals" to shame Craig, beautiful work.

It gives us some idea as to your drive to supply a fastidious quality product.

Although I'm not in the queue (yet) I congratulate you guys that are waiting for your car or in the building stage.

We're all just busting to see a Pace on the road
guye and Cobra01 like this.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace 427 SC
Not Ranked     
Default Pace 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncobra View Post
That drawing puts other so called "manuals" to shame Craig, beautiful work.

It gives us some idea as to your drive to supply a fastidious quality product.

Although I'm not in the queue (yet) I congratulate you guys that are waiting for your car or in the building stage.

We're all just busting to see a Pace on the road
Hi Greg

We are all busting for the Pace 427 to hit the road,I am going to Absolute Pace tomorrow to start the Compliance paperwork.

I for one am champing at the bit to get the car finished, after all i have wanted a Cobra for 45 years and I want a car i feel very happy with, so i don't mind too much with these small delays when it to the improvement of the build.

Cheers

Brad
Tonus72 and d488y2 like this.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Replica, 5.0 Supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Good luck with the paperwork
boxhead likes this.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

400tt,

Balls back in your court engineer details supplied to you today via email in response to your request yesterday.

Still don't understand why you couldn't have supplied certificates to me in the first place and why the need to make me wait 2 months for the same.

Maybe tough economic times translates to failure to finish jobs in a timely manor so therefore can't get paid.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Build manual

Craig,

It does not matter how good your build manual is, it is still

Way beyond my ability

Thank God I can sell stuff

Stiffy
Old 01-09-2014, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post
400tt,

Balls back in your court engineer details supplied to you today via email in response to your request yesterday.
Damage, just stop posting incorrect and inaccurate information about my business and my dealings with you. I just checked and I chased you up via email for your engineer details over 3 weeks ago. You received it as you replied to it. And we still have an account to settle, will send you the final invoicing as well.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

I know who I Believe....
Hang in there Craig.

Sick of this " moanathon " on the forum.
Cheers
Towmaster, Rossba and Cobra01 like this.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

Craig,

Really I responded and asked you to send the info direct to me.

If you like I can post a pic of the email where you said you'd have it to me before Christmas.

I can also post a pic of the receipt where I've paid more then you have stated too.

Happy to pay your invoice for the last $2,000.00 as agreed on receipt of the paperwork.

Wazza,
Sorry about the boring moanathon mate I'll guarantee I'm not the only one that has an issue.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Get a hotel room you blokes.
boxhead and dhs.buckley like this.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
I know who I Believe....
Hang in there Craig.

Sick of this " moanathon " on the forum.
Cheers
I'll reserve judgement until an AP gets AUS registration ...
Old 01-10-2014, 11:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
I'll reserve judgement until an AP gets AUS registration ...

What's an "AP"?

Regards.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Ap

Mando,

AP = Absolute Pace

Stiffy
Old 01-10-2014, 11:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando View Post

What's an "AP"?

Regards.
Well just taking a wild guess here, and looking at the heading of this thread, I'd say it could refer to the Absolute Pace Cobra......

AUS probably means Australia.

You could confirm this with AL427SBF however.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donunder View Post
Well just taking a wild guess here, and looking at the heading of this thread, I'd say it could refer to the Absolute Pace Cobra......

AUS probably means Australia.

You could confirm this with AL427SBF however.
Your decoder ring is working just fine.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
Your decoder ring is working just fine.
Yep who'd have thought -- Captain Midnight and the Secret Squadron -- after all these years....

I tried to dial up Australia Post but that may have been out of time. It was called the Post Master General's dept back in the 50s.

But to your original inquiry Al about an AP car gaining compliance -- watch this space. The first one is nearing completion and the initial paperwork for compliance is "in the pipeline". The work that Craig has done already should ensure a trouble-free passage through the approval process. The queue for first ride starts right behind me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: