Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by d488y2 View Post
I'm out, Cop ya Later
Yes mate, after the latest paranoid post at the weekend about AP, about anyone with a first name starting with "W" living anywhere on the Gold Coast, and some other incomprehensible rot in there I had trouble deciphering, I felt the same as you. But there is so much else to enjoy about being on this forum that I thought bugger it why should I let a couple of guys with perceived beefs about AP (well one has -- I'm still not sure where that other space cadet is coming from) ruin my fun?

Even though I promised myself I wouldn't read any more of their comments, it was difficult not to have a quick peek, and then I became sad/angry/depressed that this stuff was ongoing after all this time. Enough already!!! The forum isn't the place for it.

On Saturday there was one solitary name on my ignore list. That number has now grown to three. Problem solved.
mate and leroy17 like this.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

I kind of see it like Don.

If you let the buggers get you down, you lose, they win!
I'll be damned if I'm going to let the tossers ruin my day

Play on...
mate and leroy17 like this.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

ive been a member on here since 2001 I hardly post but do a lot of reading and I cant believe the moderators let some of this crap stay posted . my interest are wide and varied and hence im a member of a lot of forums and and sites. hell im even a mod on a few of them . think of it like this a bloke decides he wants to buy or build a cobra the car of his dreams his google search leads him here and the first post he reads is some of this **** what a fantastic look for the cobra community .
if the mods removed this crap and banned the offending posters for a while or perm depending if there repeat offender's it would be better all round .

sorry guys im like the others im out of here except for the maybe the odd look to see whats for sale .
cya guys someone let me know when the ****fights and dick swinging compertion is over
Cobra01 likes this.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

A few have said that moderators should be more heavily involved. I disagree.

I work for a company with over 7000 employees. The marketing department was incredibly slow in embracing social media, and then only dipped a toe in the water to ensure that any damaging information or ill-considered opinions could be extinguished immediately.

That failed!

Now, the company has progressed to the point that it actively encourages unmoderated opinions on the company website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and I'm sure some other random emerging platforms. It's a hospital, so you can imagine that there are some heartfelt, gut wrenching stories and some of them are far from complimentary about their experience. What I've seen is that the over the top rants are infrequent, but the general consensus of other replies/comments make it clear for anyone reading that the original rant was just that. The broader unflattering experiences and opinions prove that despite individuals and organisations doing their very best, unfortunately, occasionally things don't go to plan. Whether that means a loved one passes away sooner than a family expected, or whether it means the parts you ordered for your Cobra didn't turn up on time.

For me, any question about service, delivery or quality issues can be managed by the company in question (if you have nothing to hide from, any publicity can be turned into good publicity), or it can be left for the reasonable majority to respond to. Some people will have good experiences. Some bad. To moderate the disgruntled to appease those on the sidelines seems like a pretty unnecessary approach.

What seems fairly clear to me is that we are all adults. By that I mean we are actually genuinely people who grow hair where others yet don't (ears and nose for most of you old codgers...). This is not a site that attracts a 13 year old kid who wants to pick fights with the world like you see in countless YouTube comments. As adults, and as per Aussie Mike's recent comment, if we take a deep breath before hitting the Post Reply button, we don't need moderators. If I'm genuinely upset about something, I'll try to resolve it with the other party. If it remains unresolved, heck yeah I want my mates to know about it. If someone has done the right thing, I'll be sure to recommend them to others. That's the way feedback works and it shouldn't require moderation...
I'm not bailing on this site. There are too many good people and there is too much good information around here to quit on it.
mate, albanycobra, LoBelly and 4 others like this.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

I agree Craig. Well said. (Except for the hair - has anyone got any removal tips?).

When we join a club or group, there are often some we don't get along with but we don't bail on the whole group. Not usually anyway. The forum is a lot like that.

Anyway, most of us can, as you said, filter the irrelevant rants from valuable content. I look at the rants as much for comedic relief!
Lexluther likes this.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Neutral     

I actually disagree with you on this one Craig. Your basis of theory is we are all adults and therefore should have the maturity to review our comments before we hit 'post'.
As Mike suggests, would we say in person what we type? I'd suggest not unless we've had a skinful and then....well....we wouldn't be acting as we would normally anyway. So the objective is flawed as we know people hit post without thinking what the perceived inflection will be.

I think a moderators action sets the standard we desire. I'm not suggesting it should be sanitized or big brothered, just a standard set. When vindictive posts are created and continue its not about the cars or the mate ship anymore, it's just plain nasty and has an ill effect of people's lives and business.

So I'm for a standard being set. I know many won't agree, and that's ok. It's just my perspective on how forum members may see a way forward in feeling its worth being a part of it again. We all require some governance and perhaps it may have resulted in much of the reason people leaving not happening in the first place!

There is a reason many are no longer active and/or leaving on the forum and it isn't because it's being over moderated in my opinion.

Spookypt
Old 05-26-2014, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Highly Ranked     

Here's a question: is this what the "ranking" button is for above posts? I don't think this is enabled fully, or maybe only for paid forum members. But would this help us self-moderate? Could this work by aggregating a certain number of negatives to equal a 'slap' and too many 'slaps' equal a suspension?
Old 05-27-2014, 03:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk1, LS1, T56, Jag S3 suspension
Neutral     

I voted your post up - lets see what happens :-)
guye, Tonus72 and renovationinnov like this.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi all,

With literally hundreds of Threads and Post on the Forum I think generally the site is well controlled.

As mentioned, I also believe the Forum offers like any business the opportunity to share ideas, comments and sometimes constructive criticism of a person, organisation, club, product etc etc.

The Forum guidelines are vey clear and there for all to read.

From a moderators viewpoint - or someone who brings to the attention of moderators - I feel topics and Threads are allowed to run their course with all parties contributing.

If moderators jumped in every time an advertiser, kit builder or individual was questioned or criticized, I think we/they would be all criticized for over re acting or over Policing -

As we have seen recently, there has been an unnecessary focus on/by one or even more individuals whom have a perceived, or real grievance with another. It has been aired ongoing here for sometime and I think it has run its course.

It is now up to those parties to resolve or agree "off the Forum". Both/all have been advised to do that via a PM from me.

In response to the PM and emails regarding advertisers, I do not know why advertisers do not respond positively to questions or criticism on site here. An advertiser has every opportunity to keep us updated on products, sales and R and D etc.

They have the ability to Post updates, photos of products, customer cars and their progressive in any new developments...

Every business regardless of their being a paid advertiser or not, has an opportunity to Post on their product, progress and expansion etc. for all to see.

Moderators may approach them to advertise, if there is an avantage to all parties and the Thread or Post is seen as marketing or promotion ongoing.

Advertisers are encouraged to update us here with information on their product, encouraged to regularly Post and keep the Forum members abreast of products for sale and any current news or sales.

The moderators role- I feel - is not to tell advertisers what to do or when they should be responding with updates or positive news on their products. I make this comment as I think there is so much happening in the Cobra community and in businesses that we just don't hear about.

Instead, any lack of updates or product releases maybe seen as an indicator that a business may be extremely busy, in hibernation, in trouble, or even closed.

So come on advertisers tell us what you are up tooo... If you are criticized or questioned it is paramount that you respond in a positive way to bring existing and potential customers up to date and back into the fold...

Put simply, it is up to the individual advertiser to keep us updated. If that advertiser has a sale, new product, new R + D progress to share then its their job to share.

I know from time to time customers will share photos of purchases, progress and even build threads and this is encouraged and helps the sale of products. But inevitably it is the business and seller who needs to positively promote their product. It is up to sellers and advertisers to promote and no one can force them.

I feel the forum has a huge audience and provides a really tangible vehicle for a business to promote products but only the marketing savvy realise that the positioning of their Product, Pricing, Position and Promotion is all available to them here.

The Forum I feel will continue to be a vehicle for our hobby, businesses and sharing, but should not deteriorate to the level we have experienced.

Both individuals and businesses should continue to keep members updated on all topics as the forum did previously.

I am certain we all enjoy reading about Cobra builds, seeing photos, sharing road trips, asking questions and general chat.

I certainly do. Lets get back on track and get Forum member back to basics.

We don't want to loose any member as we value your contributions, advice, discussions and importantly friendship.

So back on track....
guye, albanycobra, Rog246 and 2 others like this.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 05-27-2014, 04:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well said Bernie and thanks, but phew!, marathon post.

Hope the Qantas cabin crew are not tardy with the cold drinks service!
Old 05-27-2014, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

I agree with 99% of your post Bernie I was more referring to the abusive attacks been taking out of the threads its not a good look no matter how you try to spin it ie putting smileys just after you have abused the crap out of someone .
every one is passionate about there cars and make of it whether it be a crown based kit thru to a genuine cobra it's the nastiness and attacks I find distasteful and those post I feel should be removed .
that's my 10 cents worth anyway .
renovationinnov likes this.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

deano59

Thanks, yes I agree.

I must apologise for the lengthy Post but I tried to respond to the many suggestions and points covered in the email, PM etc to me.

Importantly, I would like to see the Forum in Australia see the return of the many members whom have moved on, but still enjoy friendship and their Cobras.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 07-02-2014, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Boxhead, you're back!
Old 07-03-2014, 12:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Just to see if things have returned to normal.
Only time will tell.
sambo and itempany like this.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Its John Farnham all over again....
Gav and PSYCHO like this.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
Its John Farnham all over again....
"Whispering Boxhead.....the tour of fiscal year 2014/2015"
sambo, Rog246 and PSYCHO like this.