Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree123Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 12:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Wazza
Anyone who has known about you for long enough knows that it was YOU that imported the Factory Fives in the country first. And you must have hated them so much that you didn't order anymore..... did you.

NO you copied them and called them your own.

A Harrison is nothing but a Badly done copy of an old Factory Five, as is YOUR OWN so called Coupe which is again a poorly done copy of a FFR GEN 1 65 Coupe. You might have made some mod's(very few) but that is a FACT.
Stay retired where your relevant.
As for listing details on who the NSW Engineer is I don't feel it as my position to do so but the statement is a fact and Yes I believe he has reviewed the CAD drawings. If your concerned call the NSW Cobra Club and ask for their recommended Engineer, he's based down near Wollongong.
And wow 488 I'm sure you car is going together well, free loading a ride in the Pace factory where any f/up is fixed in house that's really building a car yourself. Lend his tools too do ya mate.... I'm sure you'll be the first to brag Ï built it myself".
By the way... Factory Five is in its 20th year next year and has made almost 9000 Cobra replica's. No doubt in my mind they will be around when I need them. Time will tell if you can still get parts for your Pace in 20 years time, probably more chance I guess than getting Harrison parts. Oh sorry I forgot you could probably use FFR parts on a Harrison, that's one advantage of it being a copy of the worlds most popular Cobra replica.
I've stayed out of all the rant threads lately as they are ruining the forum for me.

A word of advice Zeus... Try to think about what you've written before you press the post button. f you've been drinking mango daiquiris all afternoon maybe leave off pressing the post button till the next day. I like to think about what I've written before I post it. I think to myself "Would I be happy to say this to someones face?". Also remember the smile on your face and happy thoughts in your head may not come across in the way your words are read on the page. To me from the post above I can see your waving finger, your red face and drops of spittle spraying with your words.

We are all fans of our own cars. We have large financial investment in them and an even larger emotional one especially if you've built it yourself. Understandably people can get a bit passionate about them. I really like my CR but there are things in it I haven't been happy with and have tried to change. I like all the other kits out there and think they all have something cool and interesting to offer. That's why I can go to Cobra gathering and look through the cars there and find something interesting I like in all of them.

I reckon there has been more R&D and development into the kit car market in the last 10 years than since the start. We now have the option of completely bespoke cars from a few manufacturers. There are also some terrific options for those going the donor parts route too. Anyone looking at the track times from Shelbyfest and the Nationals of the last 10 years should be amazed at the trend.

I love that we have the choice to build a Cobra and the variety of options out there to choose from. In my work I've visited countries where you cant even change the wheels on your car without jumping through government hoops.

Harrison, DRB, CR, RMC, RCM, Evans, Robnel, Superformance and so many more have provided thousands and thousands of miles of smiles. Who copied who? Who makes a better car? Who cares?

To everyone out there... Ranting and bashing on someone else's product or choice, What good will that do to them or you? Don't mess with another mans happiness.

Cheers
750hp, deano59, guye and 21 others like this.

Old 05-26-2014, 01:54 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Where was I when all this was going on, how could I have missed all this?

Regards.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I wish to extend an apology to Craig White for comments made, your product is truely world class, and Wazza for comments made. And to all others offended.
Combination of too many beers and a hangover.
Life ban from forum self applied.
No worries mate,

No need to step out of the forum though.

All the best,

Wazza ( Warren )
Donunder likes this.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #100 under construction
Not Ranked     

In today's world it seems it takes courage to fess up and appologise to someone publically, and for that someone to accept it publically.

Well done to both of you.

That being said, and returning to the topic, I suggest that anyone buying a replicar, should, research, research, research and then and only then ask someone for an unbiased opinion on their or, others kits and then go and buy ( a Harrison !!) what suits your needs .
IMO then and only then will you be satified that you got what you wanted & or needed.
Wazza likes this.

Harrison #100
Old 05-26-2014, 09:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Zeus, thank you for the apology. I have only just seen your posts.

As to why we have taken the approach we have to production. I believe we had no choice. Due to the expertise, equipment & quality processes required to produce our major components to the level we wanted, we had to set up our manufacturing facilities in house. e.g. Chassis Fabrication Shop, Composite (Body) Shop etc. We have outsourced this manufacture in the past and knew of the limitations of outsourcing some of the critical aspects. Also we just could not produce just one, to produce one, meant setting up facilities and people that need to be fully utilised moving forward.

We launched the kit when we had the Starter kit finished and ready for sale. Basically what every other manufacturer sells. At this stage we had not fully developed all the components for the more complete kit offerings and that is what we have focused on for the past 12 months. Even to the stage where we have dozens of options etc offered.

Our last item to develop is a full wiring loom offering. High spec, oem quality wiring loom that is virtually plug in and go. We already have a kit loom offering.

Also to be fair, most major Cobra manufacturers that I know of, sold their initial kits before they had a complete car. So our approach is not uncommon.

Quote:
I know that he(Craig) is aware of the issue as the Engineer had discussed with him(Craig) personally.
Just to clarify I have not been contacted directly by any engineers about any issues. Although we welcome any feedback.

Are we just talking about outer bump stops in case of shock failure? A spring failure will not cause this issue as we already have rubber bump stops at the shock.

It is not common to see a Cobra with outer bump stops. Actually I could not even name a Cobra that has front outer bump stops.

But we are not just producing any Cobra and have bump stops planned for supply to owners as it fits in with our focus on safety. The chassis is already designed for them.
Wazza and Justcallmebruce like this.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

400TT

How's things going up at your shop?

Any photos of what is happening?
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 06-06-2014, 08:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Just posted some photos etc for you in our factory thread. Enjoy.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

400TT

Whoaa some great progress with cars and expansion.

Great photos. Keep them coming.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026