Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2014, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chook View Post
Hi Deano, how about the DRB for sale on Just Cars for 40k in Hoddle Creek Vic. Appears emissions should be fine with its set up, and conversion to auto you'd be under $50k, including flights, accomo etc to look at it, and then cruise the Great Ocean Rd home!!!
Cheers chook not really after a drb would prefer a Harrison or g force if possible
Cheers dean
Old 06-02-2014, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Went back for another look and centred the steering better there is about a finger gaps difference between each front wheel and the guard . I think the doors are loose when there closed is because there is no thick door rubber for the door to close against.

I think with some proper door rubbers it would fix that prob but they would need to drop a bit in price to get the fibreglass fixed and the LPG tank retested
Cheers dean
Old 06-02-2014, 09:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Dean

If the car suits and they are keen to sell then argie a bit over the price.

You made the effort to get there so it should tell them you are keen and cashed up.

Got to agree you are spending modest dollars so any cosmetic fixes shouldn't be too great.

Its only when you want to make wholesale appearance changes to suit your taste that it will cost more.

Good luck!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Dean,

Glad you enjoyed Tassie.
Your right it is a lovely part of the world.

Stephen's idea about using the negatives to negotiate the price down is a good one.
That cobra is going to need body work and repainting in any case, because NO-ONE likes yellow cobras anyway... Now where's BOXHEAD!
guye likes this.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Dean

Don't listen to Dimis the first ever cobra was painted yellow.

And here's my colour combo -

Cheers
Old 06-03-2014, 03:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

the car had plenty of good points all the suspension looked like new nice and tight in the bushers ect ect nice rims plenty of tread o the tryes altho they seemed rock hard lol. I agree at the right price it would be easy enough to repair the damage and fix things that need attending too. I have emailed the owner and pointed out things like the broken fiberglass as she may not be aware of it the looseness of the doors when shut and I would still be interested but not quite at the price they are asking . im prepared to spend more money on the right car that's not the problem I belive ths car due to the fact it's been sold on consignment in a car yard they have miss represented the car . things like on the car sales advert the car has a glove box in real life the dash has been recovered by some cheap material completely hiding any glovebox I suspect the photos of the car shown are not long after the car was painted not 15 yrs later down the track .
was told we have had a auto eleccy play with the heaters all good now well I couldn't get a warm bit of air out any where.. also was not allowed to drive the car only allowed a short drive as a passenger . what was I going to do leave the mrs and the hire car sitting there while I drive the cobra back to Adelaide ? lpg tank is 7 yrs out of date just things like this all add up come time to fix .

what I saw of tassie was stunning and I shall be back again so we can go around the whole island for a few weeks fantastic place . the bed and breakfast we stayed at just devine and a huge breakfast every day was wonderfull. in the mean time it hasn't dampened my spirits the right car is out there somewhere for me .im def not in a rush my money is just gaining interest in the mean time .

cheers dean and wanda
Old 06-03-2014, 03:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

Pity about the car Deano, but at least you got a taste of Tassie...

It is a great place to live...

Tony
Old 06-03-2014, 03:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonus72 View Post
Pity about the car Deano, but at least you got a taste of Tassie...

It is a great place to live...

Tony
my mrs worked down there 12 yrs ago for 18 months and loved it I can see why we tried to fit in as much sight seeing as we could once the cobra was a no brainer so we travelled a few miles stopping at some of the smaller tucked away towns ect . like I said we will def be back for more than a pit stop next time
Tonus72 likes this.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen low View Post
Don't listen to Dimis...
Well they're about the wisest words you're ever likely to say...
Old 06-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
That cobra is going to need body work and repainting in any case, because NO-ONE likes yellow cobras anyway... Now where's BOXHEAD!
You have bigger worries than Boxhead with comments like that ...

... will make for an interesting discussion point down the track

LB
Old 06-03-2014, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I sent a email last night pointing out the things I found wrong ie loose doors /big gash of fiberglass missing / big stone chips on the car /glove box covered over /heaters not working . lpg tank 7 yrs past testing date and the pictures on car sales incorrect and I suspect the photos are quite a few yrs old when the paint work was in better condition.and not allowed to even drive the car Christ I wouldn't have flown to look if I wasn't a honest buyer .
the reply was along the lines I feel sorry if you feel we weren't honest with you the car was always garaged and kept out of the weather .yes some of the photos were not the right ones sorry about that we have taken them down now .you have to remember the car is 16 yrs old and will have some wear ..good luck with your search for a car signed blah blah

now to me to admit putting up wrong pictures and then say we presented the car in its current condition is wrong I feel they should have mentioned any damage and there was a good chance I still would have flown down for a look if the price could be negotiated on instead of getting me down there and hope I wouldn't have seen the damaged bodywork as it was I only saw it cause I asked for the car to be put on a hoist otherwise I wouldn't have seen it at all till after it landed here ..

ive calmed down a bit now and look at it as a nice 4 days away with the mrs as a short holiday I feel this car will be bought sight unseen from the mainland and someone will be disappointed when they get it .I would still take the car if it dropped another 5 g to pay for what would be needed to bring it back to a nice car but at this stage there still convinced its the best 50g cobra for sale anywhere in Australia there words not mine .

hope you all have had a good weekend cheers dean and wanda
Old 06-03-2014, 08:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

As time goes on you will see that all cobras are not created equal.

All that glitters is not gold.

Nor are some owners/sellers as honest as what they should be.

I am not singling anyone out here, its just there are some owners are fanatical, some are enthausiatic, some are keen and some purchase a dream that did not materilise in reality.

Look for the seller that is fanatical or enthausiatic, understand their experiences and the knowledge and love for their car. This is where you will find 'the one'. The one you should at least get to drive if you are a serious buyer. Drive it to determine how it fits you, your requirements and your dream.

Deep down there is bugger all rational about these. For example, similar coin will get you a nice 2nd hand AMG C55, has everything and grunt to boot. Great as a everyday driver and a fun weekend car...... but.... and I mean but... does it stir that emotion, that emotion that draws us to these cars. Will it bring a smile to you face evertime you see it, start it, drive it.

The right car may not be what your original ideals are, keep the mind (and wallet) open.

OK, enough of this spiritual speak...... beer, boobs, cobras... there... back on track.
deano59 likes this.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroy17 View Post
As time goes on you will see that all cobras are not created equal.

All that glitters is not gold.

Nor are some owners/sellers as honest as what they should be.

I am not singling anyone out here, its just there are some owners are fanatical, some are enthausiatic, some are keen and some purchase a dream that did not materilise in reality.

Look for the seller that is fanatical or enthausiatic, understand their experiences and the knowledge and love for their car. This is where you will find 'the one'. The one you should at least get to drive if you are a serious buyer. Drive it to determine how it fits you, your requirements and your dream.

Deep down there is bugger all rational about these. For example, similar coin will get you a nice 2nd hand AMG C55, has everything and grunt to boot. Great as a everyday driver and a fun weekend car...... but.... and I mean but... does it stir that emotion, that emotion that draws us to these cars. Will it bring a smile to you face evertime you see it, start it, drive it.

The right car may not be what your original ideals are, keep the mind (and wallet) open.

OK, enough of this spiritual speak...... beer, boobs, cobras... there... back on track.
totally agree im starting the think the one I looked as its " on consignment" I believe has been traded in on a car in the yard he is a merc dealer of sorts im starting to smell a rat im thinking the dealer actually owns the car and any questions are fielded off to the old owners in any case that one os off the list . if I could only get over my fear of a chev in a cobra I know of a Harrison that might end up the right price to convert me to the dark side lol .

in the mean time back too boobs cobras and beer
Old 06-04-2014, 03:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
if I could only get over my fear of a chev in a cobra I know of a Harrison that might end up the right price to convert me to the dark side lol .

in the mean time back too boobs cobras and beer

Havent had a single person question my engine choice once they have been in it

Although - I do have many pics of my car in my gallery...but for some reason this one has the most likes:

Cant for the life of me figure out why.....
deano59 and jcraigau like this.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
Havent had a single person question my engine choice once they have been in it

Although - I do have many pics of my car in my gallery...but for some reason this one has the most likes:

Cant for the life of me figure out why.....
that def gets a like hell I would give it a dozen likes if it would let me
Old 06-04-2014, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Hey Dean
I understand the no road test. I actually make the road test subject to sale. You put a deposit on car and i refund it if you dont like how it drives.

Years ago i selling my GForce Cobra and some clown turned up in a banger mx5 he looked at the car and wanted a drive, he seemed serious . Halfway through the road test on a busy road he decides to drop back a gear and give the car stick, somehow he got the car into first at 60ish, compression locks driveline and rear end of car slides into on coming traffic. Sorry he says, parks up car and says I'll get back to you if i want to buy it......which he didnt. I'll never forget it. After that no more roads tests unless you make an offer for car and a deposit then you drive.....
Old 06-04-2014, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanycobra View Post
Hey Dean
I understand the no road test. I actually make the road test subject to sale. You put a deposit on car and i refund it if you dont like how it drives.

Years ago i selling my GForce Cobra and some clown turned up in a banger mx5 he looked at the car and wanted a drive, he seemed serious . Halfway through the road test on a busy road he decides to drop back a gear and give the car stick, somehow he got the car into first at 60ish, compression locks driveline and rear end of car slides into on coming traffic. Sorry he says, parks up car and says I'll get back to you if i want to buy it......which he didnt. I'll never forget it. After that no more roads tests unless you make an offer for car and a deposit then you drive.....
would have been happy to put a deposit down but it wasn't even offered . car was backed out of the show room I went to get into the drivers side and was told joyriders only get to sit in the passenger's side .I had just flown from Adelaide to tassie for a joyride ffs he knew we were coming I could have joy rided a lot of cobras a lot closer than flying Adelaide to melb then to tassie spend a 800 bucks on air fares plus accommodation car hire and time away from work I don't know how much more serious I needed to be we went for about 10 mins at most then car was put on the hoist where I found damage and when lowered and got a better look at everthing found the car was not in what I would call the condition I was led to believe it was meant to be in.
but anyway it just proved to myself to ask a **** load more questions than I had asked before we got there...in the end ive learned a lot so its not a total waste plust the rest of the time we a good get away with the mrs :-) when I sold my turbo skyline I let them take it on a test drive but I followed them in my sons gtr skyline that pumped out a hell of a lot more power than mine just in case they tried a runner lol ...also the hire car and my mrs was left at the car yard I could have left them as security on the car lol
Old 06-04-2014, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Plus they could have ridden in the passenger seat too. You don't need to test drive it solo...
Old 06-16-2014, 02:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Windsor 302 stroked to 347
Not Ranked     

Deano - any thoughts on the Harrison on carsales for 70k?
Old 06-16-2014, 03:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chook View Post
Deano - any thoughts on the Harrison on carsales for 70k?
Just a tad above my budget I have around 60 on. Hand then stamp duty and transport to Adelaide it starts to add up. But have to admit I do like the Harrison's esp as the seats are mounted lower than most