Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 06:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell9318 View Post
Madt,

You are only an 8 hour drive from AP. Fill the tank, make a round of sandwiches, grab a bottle of coke and your best girl and go and find out for yourself. It will be a worth while experience.
Hi Russ,

I have already been and "very" impressed! I'm thinking of waiting until 99% of their bugs are ironed out before I pull the trigger, or look at the FFR as an alternative, which appears to be sorted straight from the box.....
Old 06-06-2014, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Best way to determine for yourself how complete the kits are is to ask each supplier for a full and detailed packing list including hardware. If they can't supply that, you have to wonder how complete it really is.

We will gladly supply this to potential PACE 427 customers to compare completeness, quality and value for money.

Standard in our kits we supply a kit type wiring loom.

As an option we supply a full wiring loom incorporating EFI engine loom etc with all premium components - delphi connectors, bussmann fuse box etc. It really must be seen to be appreciated. This is what is being developed at the moment. We have a long history of providing this level of loom to customers of our other kits.

We have taken a totally different approach to what Factory Five has in virtually every aspect to the kit. Best approach is to see both in person, collect all the information you can to make an informed decision.

And best of all, all the major components are Australian Made in-house in our facility. So you can see first hand exactly how we build such a quality product.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK IV/Coyote/PS/PB/ABS/AC
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethrow View Post
Hi Dale,

the change was not too difficult. You just need to move the pedals over, swap the steering rack for a RHD unit, and flip the dash. Easy if you say it quick.

It was a little more involved for me as I also moved the driveline back to the centre - FFR has it offset 1" to the right. And as I used a LS3 instead of the lesser Coyote I had to make new engine mounts too.

Of course nowadays, you can buy the Mk4 already in RHD format thanks to the work done by Chris at CCA, so it just got even easier.
Easier than I would have thought. I'm a die-hard ford guy, but I have to admit the LS3 is really nice...and can also be used as a boat anchor; probably a easier fit in the engine bay, also.

Is Chris (CCA) in oz?

Cheers
Old 06-06-2014, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400TT View Post
Best way to determine for yourself how complete the kits are is to ask each supplier for a full and detailed packing list including hardware. If they can't supply that, you have to wonder how complete it really is.

We will gladly supply this to potential PACE 427 customers to compare completeness, quality and value for money.

Standard in our kits we supply a kit type wiring loom.

As an option we supply a full wiring loom incorporating EFI engine loom etc with all premium components - delphi connectors, bussmann fuse box etc. It really must be seen to be appreciated. This is what is being developed at the moment. We have a long history of providing this level of loom to customers of our other kits.

We have taken a totally different approach to what Factory Five has in virtually every aspect to the kit. Best approach is to see both in person, collect all the information you can to make an informed decision.

And best of all, all the major components are Australian Made in-house in our facility. So you can see first hand exactly how we build such a quality product.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the response

Can I take you up on the offer of the "full and detailed packing list including hardware" you mentioned please?

I have PMed you my email address.

I must say that on viewing your product I am "very impressed".

If you can attest that your kit is "as complete" as FFR claim theirs is, Im thinking that my choice may be made.....

Cheers
Old 06-06-2014, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk4 Roadster, LS3, TR6060, 8 3/4"
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleG View Post
Easier than I would have thought. I'm a die-hard ford guy, but I have to admit the LS3 is really nice...and can also be used as a boat anchor; probably a easier fit in the engine bay, also.

Is Chris (CCA) in oz?

Cheers
Sorry yes, CCA is Component Cars Australia. They worked with Dave Smith at Factory Five to develop the RHD kit. And yes, the LS3 was selected due to it's narrowness. Plus Chevs win races!
Old 06-06-2014, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3514, LS3, Dual Quads, Holley Dominator EFI, TR6060, VE 3.7 LSD, AP Racing Brakes, 17x8 & 10 Custom Dragway Billet Wheels.
Not Ranked     

Hi Madt,
Dont want to dissuade you from your choice, but Classic Revival and G-Force also offer various stages of kit from simple Chassis and Body combo to "all in" nothing left to buy including looms etc.
Its a pity these guys dont get on here as active as Craig and promote their wares and what they are working on
I went with CR, i'm very happy i did, i love the body shape and the original style chassis.
I bought the basic body and chassis unit only as that's all i could afford to commit.
I'm glad i did this now because as i've gone along, i've made individual choices on everything and would have been left with a tonne of parts (maybe 1/2 tonne, whole car probable around a tonne).
Bigger brakes, cooling system, fuel system, ecu choices, ancillary placements of parts, seats, dash, gauges, etc etc etc etc.
Craigs suggestion is a very honest one, if your serious about building, spend a tiny fraction of the cost on an airfare or 3 and visit the makers, CR, G-Force, FFR (CCA Perth) Harrisons etc etc. at the very least you will get a clear understanding of whats on offer and how they go together.
I would be happy to buy CR again, I would certainly be going to Craigs house for a chat, and after visiting Backdraft in the US, i would consider importing their RHD drive version with the Coyote version....impressive.
Do yourself a favour and get around before committing, you'll get a drive, reinforce your thoughts, you'll be the winner in the end.

Dave
Old 06-06-2014, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

madt2007, information has been sent. Please post your feedback. Happy to email these lists out to anyone if they want to compare.

I would actually put it out there that we already have a much more complete and comprehensive kit than any other manufacturer for registration in Australia.

Same goes for build manual, it is a 400 page full colour manual with DVD. And it has all the specific information you need to source materials, build and register your kit in Australia.

But you have to decide for yourself which is the best way to go.

We have come out swinging hard and produced a kit that I believe has world class engineering & quality with fantastic value for money. People that know me, know my passion for the cobra product, my passion for the hobby and lengths I have gone through to produce something special for enthusiasts like yourselves.

Dave, I've always been very community driven. Big believer in giving back to the hobby that is why I am a major sponsor of Cobra Nationals, Shelby Festival, Forums etc. It's sad that a lot of the Cobra manufacturers in Australia do not sponsor, support or even attend these events.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Hi Madt,
Dont want to dissuade you from your choice, but Classic Revival and G-Force also offer various stages of kit from simple Chassis and Body combo to "all in" nothing left to buy including looms etc.
Its a pity these guys dont get on here as active as Craig and promote their wares and what they are working on
I went with CR, i'm very happy i did, i love the body shape and the original style chassis.
I bought the basic body and chassis unit only as that's all i could afford to commit.
I'm glad i did this now because as i've gone along, i've made individual choices on everything and would have been left with a tonne of parts (maybe 1/2 tonne, whole car probable around a tonne).
Bigger brakes, cooling system, fuel system, ecu choices, ancillary placements of parts, seats, dash, gauges, etc etc etc etc.
Craigs suggestion is a very honest one, if your serious about building, spend a tiny fraction of the cost on an airfare or 3 and visit the makers, CR, G-Force, FFR (CCA Perth) Harrisons etc etc. at the very least you will get a clear understanding of whats on offer and how they go together.
I would be happy to buy CR again, I would certainly be going to Craigs house for a chat, and after visiting Backdraft in the US, i would consider importing their RHD drive version with the Coyote version....impressive.
Do yourself a favour and get around before committing, you'll get a drive, reinforce your thoughts, you'll be the winner in the end.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your efforts

I was under the assumption that CR was leaving the scene due to the owners ill health.... and the reason I swayed away from Backdraft after some research was the import and compliance issues as they were a complete car and not a kit...

So it was for those reasons I had narrowed it down to the FFR or the AP, but always keen on others view, input and assistance!
Old 06-06-2014, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
madt2007, information has been sent. Please post your feedback. Happy to email these lists out to anyone if they want to compare.

I would actually put it out there that we already have a much more complete and comprehensive kit than any other manufacturer for registration in Australia.

Same goes for build manual, it is a 400 page full colour manual with DVD. And it has all the specific information you need to source materials, build and register your kit in Australia.

But you have to decide for yourself which is the best way to go.

We have come out swinging hard and produced a kit that I believe has world class engineering & quality with fantastic value for money. People that know me, know my passion for the cobra product, my passion for the hobby and lengths I have gone through to produce something special for enthusiasts like yourselves.

Dave, I've always been very community driven. Big believer in giving back to the hobby that is why I am a major sponsor of Cobra Nationals, Shelby Festival, Forums etc. It's sad that a lot of the Cobra manufacturers in Australia do not sponsor, support or even attend these events.
Thanks Craig!!

Some light reading!!

We have met around Christmas time when you courteously showed me around your factory and explained things for over an hour when I arrived unannounced!

Your passion, business and product is amazing.

I will have a read and post back my feedback as requested.

Again

Thank you!
Old 06-07-2014, 01:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, GT FPV 5.4L 290kw Boss
Not Ranked     

I agree with Jethrow (Tim) the Factory Five is a excellent kit the only thing I have modified so far is the drivers foot well and space the engine mounts as I'm working out side of the standard realms when comes to the engine selection that FFR cater for but hey that's part of the fun.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Guy,
Call Dusty at Hurricane and check, they did make at least one right hand drive car a few year 's ago. Email... thelegend@hurricanemotorsports.com

I know these folks and they are easy to work with.

Good Luck, Bill
Old 06-07-2014, 05:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Bill,

The problem is importing whole (modern) cars into Australia, our legislation is a nightmare!
Old 06-07-2014, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

Thanks Bill, that's good to know and thanks for the contact email too.

Cheers!
Old 06-07-2014, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427SC 482 Cammer
Not Ranked     

You don't have to pull them apart to much to get around that though.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage View Post
You don't have to pull them apart to much to get around that though.
I like your way of thinking
Old 06-07-2014, 07:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk4 Roadster, LS3, TR6060, 8 3/4"
Not Ranked     

Importing a Hurricane would be no different to importing a Factory Five, and that was straight forward. The Hurricane was on my shortlist too, but I went FF because I like the FF chassis better. It looks stronger and more original.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for all the information on you AP kit inclusions as promised Craig!

Very comprehensive list and I imagine the 400 page manual and DVD are of the same standard
Old 06-09-2014, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

40TT, the Pace 427 looks like a great kit, but I am trying to understand what this statement means(?)

Quote:
We have taken a totally different approach to what Factory Five has in virtually every aspect to the kit.
Not trying to be defensive, just understand what a "totally different approach" means (they ARE pretty successful). I did see that the body fit&finish was significantly better.