Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree248Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2017, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: absolute pace chassis #50 L98 & 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

just a short update motor and box still sitting on the shed floor due to racing taking up most of free time but hopefully will find time to slot it in soon. I ordered the extra rear brace kit and it arrived not long after so I have spend the last few days actually doing cobra stuff for a change I have the rear brace fitted and man what a job esp when all the suspension is in plus the rear sway bar took most of the day just fitting the support bracket that runs under the car but above the diff had to move fuel reg and other bits and pieces and I wish my hands were 5 sizes smaller and didn't have fingers like bananas it would have made the job easier .. on the top side I hade to remove my custom made little compartment as it would have been impossible to fit with it in the way drilling the holes and taping the threads was a pain in the butt with the shockers and stuff there I also had to grind away the bottom of the new brackets as they fouled on a weld nothing major to do but it wouldn't sit flush till I had done it.
have talked with the motor trimmer and will be dropping the seats and the doors down to him so he can trim the seats and make some door pockets out of black leather and when I get the car back on wheels I will take the car down so he can make the carpets and trim the foam console I have made to hide the auto shifter once I know where it's going to sit when the motor and trans goes in . I have removed most of the plastics around the shifter so when in the car it will just look like a normal manual gearstick and ive bought a small digital display that runs off the ob port and will tell me what gear I am in .
they fella who was going to fix my bodywork that was damaged in transport has finally made contact again after 12 months or so and is coming out tomorrow to fix it ..pace have supplied him with the gelcoat ect to match it all in so it should look a million bucks again its been annoying me every time I walked past and see the damage . not pace's fault but the transport company's fault it looks like they sat a pallet on the top of one guard and some how gauged the top of the rear guard and gone thru the gelcoat ..
all in all despite my time frame been not so good the car is coming along nicely..
if anyone is going to fit the extra rear support brace may I suggest you do that b4 you fit the diff and the rear suspension it would make it a lot easier ..
cheers all dean
boxhead, Jaydee and ICCARS like this.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

another update this time I would like to give a huge thanks to craig @ absolute pace hq for arranging Paul Rundle from ALL BOAT detailing and repairs for coming around and fixing the damage to my car during transport from pace hq to my house .
Paul has done a excellent job and I cant tell where the damage was im rapt as it was getting me down seeing the body like it was. honestly if your in sa and need any fibreglass work or gelcoat work done give this bloke a call his work is fantastic
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2017, 10:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Hi Dean
Who are you going to use for the seat upholstery and what are you planning on doing tor the door pockets?
Good news on the body repairs

Cheers
Glen

Last edited by xb-60; 08-10-2017 at 03:19 AM..
Old 08-09-2017, 10:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

edit:
Double post, sorry Dean. Power outage in Adelaide, so using the phone....and that's not my preferred method of accessing CC

Last edited by xb-60; 08-10-2017 at 03:19 AM..
Old 08-11-2017, 10:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
Hi Dean
Who are you going to use for the seat upholstery and what are you planning on doing tor the door pockets?
Good news on the body repairs

Cheers
Glen
hi glen
I am using a local trimmer in Gawler not far from home doing the seats in black leather along with the rest of the trim he will be doing the carpets as well. he is going to make the door pockets that cover the recess in the doors but not trimming the whole door so really just the bottom half of the door if that makes sense ..
just got confirmation that my speedhutt gauges are now in transit from the factory so hopefully they will arrive soon as well .
cheers dean

cheers deas
Old 08-11-2017, 11:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Dean.

I'm interested in what you're going to do with those door pockets. I haven't given them much thought, except that nothing obvious is jumping out at me yet

Cheers,
Glen
Old 08-12-2017, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
Thanks Dean.

I'm interested in what you're going to do with those door pockets. I haven't given them much thought, except that nothing obvious is jumping out at me yet

Cheers,
Glen
I don't want the whole inside of the door trimmed what I have in mind is just the bottom of the door to about half way up into the recess on the doors to be trimmed and pockets using the recess in the doors and above that just leave it as it is showing the cars colour up to and around the top of the door if that makes sense ......saying that tho I will see what the trimmer has in mind when he see's the doors ....hows your car coming along ?
cheers dean
Old 08-14-2017, 02:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
....hows your car coming along ?
cheers dean
Er....I'm just now finding out how much more of the rear suspension I have to remove before being able to install the diff.
....and I broke two taps today too

Cheers!
Glen
deano59 likes this.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

my speedhutt gauges arrived this morning from the factory i really wanted these gauges and as absolute pace now supply vdo gauges in my opinion dont look correct for the era of the car . i decided to order them myself with all the logo's taken off the face of the gauges both paces and speedhutts as i just wanted a clean look . ordered them on the 5 july and got a 15% discount as it was there 4th july sale and they arrived this morning . they gauges come pre wired by the look of it and come with all the senders needed but not the fuel sender for some reason but i will use the vdo one i have .....i have no idea why pace dont offer them anymore but i was happy to pay whatever they cost as thats the look i wanted ......if anyone wants to buy the vdo gauge set for there cobra or another project let me know im happy to barter for parts or cash .
cheers dean
Attached Images

mudbrick, Auswallaby and ICCARS like this.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace427 Alumina #69
Not Ranked     

They'll look great Dean.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

I have the speedhut gauges and the great bit about them, is you can program any fuel sender to them. Did you get the dimmer switch with them?
Also test all the huge nuts a few times. Mine seized up badly and there is no way of stopping the gauge from turning. It became a real pain. I had to use a thread file to clean up the treads on the gauge. I reckon they need 2 holes in the back of the gauge so you can insert a angle grinder type tool to hold it. Besides all that, I really like them. Easy to hook up and nice lighting.
JD
Old 08-15-2017, 05:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mk4 Roadster, LS3, TR6060, 8 3/4"
Not Ranked     
Default Colour?

Hey - what colour is this? Do you have a larger pic of whole body? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano59 View Post
another update this time I would like to give a huge thanks to craig @ absolute pace hq for arranging Paul Rundle from ALL BOAT detailing and repairs for coming around and fixing the damage to my car during transport from pace hq to my house .
Paul has done a excellent job and I cant tell where the damage was im rapt as it was getting me down seeing the body like it was. honestly if your in sa and need any fibreglass work or gelcoat work done give this bloke a call his work is fantastic
Old 08-15-2017, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RAM, 5.0L with ST10 4 spd
Not Ranked     

You will be very happy with these.
I have them also and the night time visibility is awesome. What colour backlight did you choose?
As Jaydee said the fuel gauge is fully programable to your sender.
They are easy to install and for me it was helpful that they did not require a lot of depth behind the dash.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethrow View Post
Hey - what colour is this? Do you have a larger pic of whole body? Thanks
it is actually a red the flash on my camera makes it look orange for some reason bugga not letting me post pics atm

Last edited by deano59; 08-15-2017 at 06:24 AM..
Old 12-16-2017, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hi guys im back again i can hear the boo's already lol
bit of a update motor and box is now in the car ive fitted the passengers side headers tonight hopefully other side tomorrow. ive sorted out the auto gear shifter so once trimmed it will look like a manual stick coming out of the console .
have started fitting the engine wiring loom i had done a while ago and body is pretty close to been refitted .i am trying to cram as much as i can to the cobra as i see a surgeon next friday about fixing some rotacuff tears and a bursa in my shoulder i have been putting it off for a while but i cant raise my arm higher than my shoulder i injured it racing last season when i hooked a rut and tore the steering wheel out of my hands wrenching the shoulder at the same time . so hopefully it will heal quickly ready for race season next aprill . will try and post some pics cheers dean
Attached Images

boxhead and gjkrv8 like this.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

will replace the ugly fuel rails as well. i had to retain as much of the ve shifter as i could as theres not much out there aftermarket for the 6 speed auto shifter wise . i bought a lokar 8 inch bent shifter and turned it around and then put on there lock out gear knob so i can lock it park took so work underneath the trans tunnel to connect the linkage as there is bugga all room to work with the guys from pace did some mods to my trans tunnel without that there would be no way to fit the trans in there is only a feww mm either side and from the top of the trans to the top of the tunnel . it's been a lot of work and would have been so much easier just to wack in a turbo 400 or even a 700 but i wanted the extra 2 gears i hope it's worth it lol cheers dean
Old 12-16-2017, 01:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

Good work Deano.

I was wondering where this was up to.
Old 12-16-2017, 04:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hows that beast of yours coming along ? i guess i spread myself a bit thin time wise with a few other projects. 3/4 way thru building a new open wheeler race car.plus keeping the current one going . im got a bug at the moment where i am restoring a old deltek/deckson mini bike to be my new pit ***** bike ..just a shout out anyone with old delteks/decksons mini bike or parts let me know im keen to buy if there the bits im after ..and then of course working on the cobra but getting there bit by bit and when done it will how i invisoned it ....good luck and merry xmas to all and hope you either get to enjoy your cars or get some time to work on them over the break.

cheers dean
Old 12-16-2017, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR Cobra 3169
Not Ranked     

I like the shifter I did the same to mine. I made the lock out with having to push down the gear knob to shift through the gates. I was required to have a pointer and indicator as well as a light.
JD
Old 12-16-2017, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee View Post
I like the shifter I did the same to mine. I made the lock out with having to push down the gear knob to shift through the gates. I was required to have a pointer and indicator as well as a light.
JD
hi Jaydee
only time i need to depress the button is to put it in and get it out of park the rest of the time it glides thru..pointer and light im hoping to get around that as i have a digital display that tells you what gear your in it runs off the ob port i am hoping that will be enough to keep them happy . its what they use when they do ls and 6 speed auto conversions into 4wd's and they pass with it fingers crossed worse case i can make a pointer easy enough .
cheers dean