Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   Another ap going south (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/131012-another-ap-going-south.html)

deano59 09-08-2014 01:10 AM

Another ap going south

Hi all
We'll my journey
For a cobra has ended thank god for that I hear some of you say:eek:
After looking at over priced and cars that didn't look as good in real life as advertised ect ect I decided to go down the build my own again .

So my wife and I flew up too not so sunny qld for a look at the pace cobras in the flesh..end result chassis number 50 will be going on the jig soon . Bright red car with lots of shines bits and duel roll bars and soft top kit as we'll.

Powered by low Ks l98 and 6speed auto I am looking forward to building and documenting my build.
Also got to meet wazzi and brad I think .
I would also like to thank those over the couple of months who have encouraged me in my search and big raspberry to those who thought I was just wasting time ey don**)
Good luck to those still looking for there dream car and don't be afraid to ask question
Cheers deano ap50owner

xb-60 09-08-2014 01:28 AM

Congratulations on taking the plunge Deano. I'll look forward to the build log.
Cheers,
Glen

deano59 09-08-2014 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xb-60 (Post 1317937)
Congratulations on taking the plunge Deano. I'll look forward to the build log.
Cheers,
Glen

Thanks glen

Chook 09-08-2014 02:18 AM

Good luck Deano. Enjoy the build :)

Lexluther 09-08-2014 02:32 AM

Congrats Deano.
Good luck with the build, looking forward to some photos of build progress

Cheers

d488y2 09-08-2014 02:43 AM

Well done Deano.
I look forward to seeing AP050 come together.

The Pace Family is growing!

albanycobra 09-08-2014 02:46 AM

awesome news Mate.....i have just signed up for another RF GT40 build but after that i have penciled in an AP427. So post up all your pictures......Congrats.

400TT 09-08-2014 03:22 AM

Deano, it was great to have you at the factory today. Enjoy the rest of your time in (not so sunny) QLD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by albanycobra (Post 1317948)
i have just signed up for another RF GT40 build

I'm surprised you did not check out the PACE GT, we have left nothing on the table with this one.

spookypt 09-08-2014 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 400TT (Post 1317949)
I'm surprised you did not check out the PACE GT, we have left nothing on the table with this one.

Ahem!

Gav 09-08-2014 03:41 AM

Will Craig change your build number to 59?

Well done, I'm sure you will be happy with your decision.

BTW, you would definitely know if you had met Wazza....

gjkrv8 09-08-2014 04:17 AM

Well done Deano. good luck with your build. cheers Gregg

dave295 09-08-2014 04:28 AM

I see you have gone for the "duel roll bars" option

Are they anything like duelling banjos ?

iva bigan 09-08-2014 05:26 AM

It's great news Deano

So the naysayer's have finally been put to rest.
And don't forget,There are no STUPID questions.
Oh hang on,unless you ask how long the screws should be in frame of the windscreen and is it ok if they contact the glass.

DONT ASK THAT ONE.

Good luck with your projects

Iva Bigan

Donunder 09-08-2014 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano59 (Post 1317936)
Hi all
I would also like to thank those over the couple of months who have encouraged me in my search and big raspberry to those who thought I was just wasting time ey don**)

I love raspberries. :)

Deano congratulations on finally settling on a car. I look forward to following your build story with interest. It was plainly evident that you were having difficulty finding a car that met all your criteria, and it had become obvious that to have one that you were satisfied with, you would have to build your own. I'm glad you chose to go with Absolute Pace which has become one of the premier manufacturers of Cobras in Australia in a relatively short time.

Well done!

Russell9318 09-08-2014 06:54 AM

Sensational choice Deano, I went through the same process till I found what I wanted. You will not regret it.

#31 sits in my garage as we speak with all it's 50 million bits.

And a final word for the nay sayers...blow it out your exaust pipe

Cheers

Russell

dave295 09-08-2014 02:42 PM

Hi Russell9318

"...blow it out your exaust pipe" you say.

What exactly is an "exaust pipe?

Personally, I'm feeling a bit exhausted by all this, I think I'll have a Bex and a good lie down.

Dimis 09-08-2014 04:08 PM

Bravo...! :)
...and congrats!!

...and PHEW...!!!
When I first read the title, my initial interpretation was different to your intended.
I'm glad to discover that no-ones AP build has gone "south".

Looking forward to seeing one on the road and looking forward to seeing your many build pics :)

Best of luck with it.

boxhead 09-08-2014 04:20 PM

Congrats on making the choice.

Is there a rough ETA on delivery?

spookypt 09-08-2014 07:06 PM

Congrats. Build thread please.

Spookypt

deano59 09-08-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxhead (Post 1318052)
Congrats on making the choice.

Is there a rough ETA on delivery?

craig said he can get it on the jig almost straight away and hopefully around 12 weeks I think he mentioned . he said they expected a few orders from the nationals that may increase the waiting time . this was one of the reason I went to qld as well was to beat the rush :-).

I took my camera but only took a couple of shots one shot is of a piece of fibreglass the same colour our car will be I will try and post it a bit latter as we have only just walked in the door back home and have a chest infection that made the flight home somewhat uncomfortable ........I may take some advice I read before and take a bex and have a good lie down

cheers deano