Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree244Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2016, 09:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Who doesn't smile when their banging..........gears!
albanycobra and Modena like this.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
Well Mk11 arrived yesterday. Looks like I know what I'm doing on the weekend!

Love some good gear pr0n.....
Towmaster likes this.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP Pace427 (AP4033) GM L77 6.0L TR6060
Not Ranked     

I seriously hope your installing a Perspex tunnel!
Old 05-24-2016, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

After nearly 12 months of trying I finally have my hard top underway out of the USA. Its a proto BDR built for their track cars. This one has a slightly more upright A pillar and will require some mods to my hoop but not much really and its a bolt in. It will be modded, test fit, internal cage built, then painted and affixed. I have Peter Beehag lined up once it arrives to build me a CAMS compliant cage. Its important to me and my family I get it as safe as I can and I think with what Im doing and plan to do I really want some more protection.

It will run a lexan windshield but no side windows. Rear will be Lexan also.

For anyone thinking of wanting a hardtop for their car and wanted to do a test fit let me know. I'm pretty sure my GB will have been run in and my new trailer going for the Nats but cage and hardtop is probably a big ask. For me to run in QLD Sports Cars I want a hard lid/full cage and before they accept me I need to have run some regular decent times which I haven't yet due to what has been discussed on page 1.

I'd love to run with Ash and Geoff even if Im at the rear of the pack. We'll see.
Ash keeps telling me Im not a player till I race against him so I have much to do. And imagine if I beat him....yep really dreaming now I know!

Spookypt

Last edited by spookypt; 05-24-2016 at 08:23 PM..
Old 05-24-2016, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It should end up like this..

Old 05-24-2016, 08:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Looks like a good idea to put a top on the Cobra for racing....I would for sure. Plus I like the look actually.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The weekend report. Well new box is IN! I got skunked on the TOB clutch lines so I had to pull the bellhousing off to get them attached but its in. I missed that little issue when I was planning the install. (Set me back a few hours) Hooked up the shift linkages, cross member, clutch line, driveshaft and tail shaft hoop. Connected the trans cooler lines and breather and its all worked out A1. Fitted without any mods.

Now I have to reinstall some proprietry items and then prime the trans pumps and do the basic electric fit off before it goes to Peter H for final electrical fit off. Once that's done its back to my house for a valve lash and brake/clutch bleed before we go have some fun and the consistency STARTS! (Fingers crossed)

Sadly, Pete is going away so if I cant get it all done before he goes I'll miss the 3rd round again. Ive resolved myself by saying that it doesn't matter as I want start afresh, no rushing, everything working and insitu as it should be. So if I miss it I miss it. There'll be plenty of opportunities going forward.

That said I'm working on it every night this week so I'll be pushing hard to make it to Pete's before he goes away.

Spookypt
albanycobra likes this.

Last edited by spookypt; 05-29-2016 at 08:21 PM..
Old 05-29-2016, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I know the feeling, Im kinda the same with my 40. I want to run it so bad I leave items to a later date and then it bites me at the track. I need two 40s one to build up like you are doing and one to run while i wait for the proper build.

I hope there is going to be some good incar video of that first run?
Old 05-30-2016, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Some progress pics...

Old 06-19-2016, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well weekend update. Started it! Yep after a long hiatus the beast started and I ran it up to temp twice (15mins worth) and then dropped the gb oil and replaced. No swarf and all smooth. Not that you can really tell on the hoist but wow it feels smooth a slick and very short change throw.

Cant get my shift counter to work as yet but Im working on that. Clutch is bled, brakes are bled and now just to do the final wiring by Pete. Once I get my new trailer so as I can take it to him.

Interesting the engine seemed to get hot rather quick so I back pressure flushed it with a compressed air water hose and managed a match box full of silicon. Running a lot cooler now.

leroy17 likes this.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Large parcel is on its way!

albanycobra, Gav, leroy17 and 1 others like this.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

gasket material me thinks. Good you got it out of the cooling system.
Hard top looks great.
Old 06-19-2016, 07:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yep silicon from WP or thermo housing. Makes for a perfect seal on the top of the rad so no doubt it was restricting some flow....
Old 06-29-2016, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Progress. Well had kittens on Tuesday. HGT emailed me to say that their records showed the Mk2 GB they had sent me and I had swapped out for the Mk1 had been sent back to them. Meaning in short I'd pulled the Mk1 GB, removed all the hose fittings and then reinstalled them on the same Mk1 box and reinstalled it and packed the unpacked Mk2 back to them. WHAT THE! YOUR $HITNme.

I was very sure this wasn't the case but the heart did miss a beat for a while. Thankfully the MK2 is in and installed.

So much so that it now has a working shift counter.

Off to chunks for some re-wiring 16th July.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Akxw2Jsd4&feature=youtu.be[/ame]
schipps likes this.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Quote:
Progress. Well had kittens on Tuesday. HGT emailed me to say that their records showed the Mk2 GB they had sent me and I had swapped out for the Mk1 had been sent back to them. Meaning in short I'd pulled the Mk1 GB, removed all the hose fittings and then reinstalled them on the same Mk1 box and reinstalled it and packed the unpacked Mk2 back to them. WHAT THE! YOUR $HITNme.

I was very sure this wasn't the case but the heart did miss a beat for a while. Thankfully the MK2 is in and installed.

So much so that it now has a working shift counter.

Off to chunks for some re-wiring 16th July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Ak...ature=youtu.be
Are you 100% sure Spooky...was it on the left or the right. They look awfully similar to me....

Last edited by Tenrocca; 06-30-2016 at 06:06 PM..
Old 06-30-2016, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thankfully mate the ID numbers checked in the end and also on the Mk2 box, unlike the MK1 ALL bolts are marked with a blue dot to confirm they have been checked and torqued to spec. That was the reason it got changed as their QA process couldnt be sure all was done to spec and with such a new product they didn't want any failures caused by their own fluff ups.

Cant fault their service and quality of product.
albanycobra likes this.

Last edited by spookypt; 06-30-2016 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 07-02-2016, 05:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey Spooky... what engine are you running in this thing..?

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade
Old 07-02-2016, 02:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

351w mate
Old 07-02-2016, 03:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

noice...

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade
Old 08-22-2016, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well, the search for reliability looks to have been found.

Ran the car at the last A series rd 4. Had a great time. I ended up doing 52 + laps of the 2.1k circuit in all.

General shake down and oil/bolt check Friday. 4 x 4 lap sprints Sat + warm up and down and another 2 sessions on the Sunday morning. Didn't set any records (I was (not the car) slow in comparison at 1.09.88) but the car went well. Had the usual things that needed attention but the new GB and diff seemed more than happy with 110kms of track work.

Im hopeful the car can now can give me some quality seat time so as I can learn the car and how to drive it properly. Warren B said he'd never heard it so quiet! The next challenge is getting to Sunday afternoon at the Nats. Its already pulled down and getting some fresh lubes and spanner check plus a few little improvements as well. Big thanks to Pete Chunky for helping me with the wiring and Ash for helping me with some driving lines and Mick W for letting me chase him all weekend and sharing a camp spot with me. Bring on the Nats!

guye, boxhead, LoBelly and 5 others like this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: