Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2016, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

16's front and 17's rear? Very Lotus Exige. Im not sure Ive ever seen that combo..... very interested to see how it looks....taller tire sidewall profile I assume you're thinking?

I do love the BRM wheels. Those others look like what was once advertised in the ole Snake Tales Mags.... cant remember the manufacturers name for the life of me.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post
16's front and 17's rear? Very Lotus Exige. Im not sure Ive ever seen that combo..... very interested to see how it looks....taller tire sidewall profile I assume you're thinking?

I do love the BRM wheels. Those others look like what was once advertised in the ole Snake Tales Mags.... cant remember the manufacturers name for the life of me.
Laurie Bongalis at RCM used to supply those. Not sure though who he had making them.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Milaz Wheels??? That sound right?
Old 06-01-2016, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hodgson View Post
Wil, what are the notes for on the rear guard in the last two pics? You planning on flaring that section?

Either way you go with the wheels, you better had hurry up. All that good rubber is turning harder by the week
Hey Slipry, the notes are because the body isn't quiet right from left to right so it needs a bit of adjustment.. I think those tyres on the 17x11's are gonna be like driving Fred Flynstones old bus mate, they will be rock hard when I'm ready.. LOL
cdnus likes this.

Wil Escabache
ICCARS AC Cobra 001 (AWD) U/C
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 06-01-2016, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypt View Post

The wheels came off an RF racing car, originally they were made up by Rob Logan back in the day, but I am not sure if he purchased the centers off another manufacturer - the centers do look like the ones Laurie sells though.

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net

Last edited by ICCARS; 06-01-2016 at 09:24 PM..
Old 06-25-2016, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Harry Whickham from down Melbourne way made mine up.
Wineglass is what he calls them.
Doug Pearce would know the contact details if anyone is after a set.
Cost me $2000 for the set of 4.
ICCARS likes this.
Old 07-17-2016, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile Iccars icc-001

Started on the tear down of the Audi doner car this weekend - Lots and lots of wiring to start to identify..
Attached Images

albanycobra likes this.

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 08-01-2016, 12:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So I have the turbos allocated to the 4.2L Audi engine, I have done the CAD designs and calc's for my front wheel drive train and it all looks good to start some more progress on this AWD set-up and I am nearing the point to take out the motor and trans, rear cradle etc.. out, but this bloody weather is killing time and I seem to be away from home more than I am there at the moment..
I have my new chassis tubes in the jig and I am building the basic chassis detail without the suspension set up so that when I have the full audi drive line in I may end up making a supplementary jig to make the AWD a part of the business model for the new generation of guys/girls looking for something different? Worth a thought at the least..
Progress would be nice if the weather buggered off..
Attached Images

leroy17 likes this.

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net

Last edited by ICCARS; 08-01-2016 at 12:34 AM..
Old 08-01-2016, 05:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

You may have answered this already Wil - do you need to narrow the front track at all?
Old 08-01-2016, 05:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750hp View Post
You may have answered this already Wil - do you need to narrow the front track at all?
Hey Craig,
yes I will have to narrow the track on the front only (the rear will work with some good sized positive offset rims) however the front track will need to be narrowed by 80mm (40mm per side) then I will need to match the wheel diameters front and rear to maintain between 1-3% rolling diameter consistency.
750hp likes this.

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 10-03-2016, 04:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Been a while Wil.

Anything exciting happening down there?
Old 10-25-2016, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Don,

thanks for the prompt.

I have been ridciulously busy between building an ICCARS AC Cobra to go to Melbourne and my Engineering Consulting work on the Mainland.

Nothing much has happened to my project though as I have also been concentrating on the GT40 of late (in between everything else). I will hopefully get back to it soon, as I have an interested party looking at some other side projects that include my chassis design and AWD system, but I won't say anymore until they have visited and we are under way. Then I might be able to double up and get my Cobra moving along a bit faster.

Cheers

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: