Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

I don't understand why everyone is seeing the fitting of unsuitable (or maybe suitable) ABS to the cars , when there is not a requirement to do so , as the solution to the problem ?!?
Isn't there a way of addressing the issue that "some" personell are asking for builders to do something that is simply not a requirement ?!?
Seems to be the wrong reaction to the situation... but maybe I'm not understanding the whole issue.
Tenrocca and renovationinnov like this.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction
Not Ranked     

I have been advised that in NSW there is going to be a steering committee put together based on independent signatories not associated with the RMS who will liaise between the Builders and the RMS or NSW transport authority, in order to make sure that these issues such as one person says ABS is a requirement and another requires something else that is not part of the process of building an ICV are based on the statement of requirements to build an ICV, then the steering committee will step in and advise what is fact on the matter and not having individuals making absurd and unlawful requirements outside of the legislation for the process of building an ICV...
I feel that the real problem is the RMS personnel do not understand the extent of work that goes into building and complying these cars (and they are more than kits - they are for all intensive purposes cars) so therefore they mandate these ridiculous requirements on a whim or personal interest. If they actually understood how much time and effort goes into each and every car as opposed to "Mass produced" cars, then their level of appreciation would be heightened IMHO..
spookypt, Wazza, Tonus72 and 4 others like this.

Wil Escabache
ICCARS AC Cobra 001 (AWD) U/C
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 05-24-2017, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
I don't understand why everyone is seeing the fitting of unsuitable (or maybe suitable) ABS to the cars , when there is not a requirement to do so , as the solution to the problem ?!?
Isn't there a way of addressing the issue that "some" personell are asking for builders to do something that is simply not a requirement ?!?
Seems to be the wrong reaction to the situation... but maybe I'm not understanding the whole issue.
hey Wazza.. In my case, the programming for the BA Falcon ABS is very similar to that of the earlier series mustang and has been tested and fitted dozens of times with the FFR cars.

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade
Old 05-25-2017, 04:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax
Not Ranked     

It's "intents and purposes" not "intensive purposes".
The association will have no legal power or rights with the RMS, but is the closest we can be to 'unionised'. Then we can prevent their divide and conquer tactics and actually make them suffer in return for what they come up with which is wrong.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AC Cobra - ICCARS 001, 4.2LTwin Turbo, AWD, 5 speed tiptronic under construction
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeve View Post
It's "intents and purposes" not "intensive purposes".
The association will have no legal power or rights with the RMS, but is the closest we can be to 'unionised'. Then we can prevent their divide and conquer tactics and actually make them suffer in return for what they come up with which is wrong.
Thanks for the English lesson, however the saying "for all intensive purposes" does make it clear that only the most serious of purposes are being considered... It is therefore an idiom of the original saying..

That said, we need this to happen in NSW sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed that sense prevails and the association brings much needed change to the process of certifying ICV's.
SydneyChris likes this.

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 05-26-2017, 05:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Like all Govt departments in NSW...the morale is low. The interest and enthusiasm is zero and they are just performing their duties. This won't get better for a looong time.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICCARS View Post
"for all intensive purposes" does make it clear that only the most serious of purposes are being considered... It is therefore an idiom of the original saying..
Claiming it's an idiom with intended meaning would be extremely generous, when actually it's just a mistake. specifically, a type of mistake known as an eggcorn ... for any other pedants or trivia nuts!
Treeve likes this.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromPerth View Post
Claiming it's an idiom with intended meaning would be extremely generous, when actually it's just a mistake. specifically, a type of mistake known as an eggcorn ... for any other pedants or trivia nuts!
OK, whatever... It's obvious both Treeve and yourself are much smarter than I am - - congratulations to you both. Enjoy a beer tonight in celebration of your combined achievements in correcting such a minor thing not even remotely linked to this thread...
Keep up the good work there grammar police..
P.S. you realise you should use capitals after a full stop.. lol
boxhead and renovationinnov like this.

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net

Last edited by ICCARS; 05-26-2017 at 08:31 PM..
Old 05-27-2017, 01:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Except that my comment was specifically in relation to this thread. It also included the correction.

Just in case you hadn't notice - I'm a NSW certifier and I specifically work with ICVs. I know what's going on at the moment from the inside out, not from what I'm hearing from others.

My complaints about the current situation are being investigated.
Rob. Smith likes this.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Except that my comment was specifically in relation to this thread. It also included the correction.

Just in case you hadn't notice - I'm a NSW certifier and I specifically work with ICVs. I know what's going on at the moment from the inside out, not from what I'm hearing from others.

My complaints about the current situation are being investigated.
I am well aware of that fact Treeve, I have had many a discussion with the engineers here in S.A. and your name has come up a few times, however I was merely stating my thoughts on a particular matter with regards to the specific content of this thread and if my grammar was wrong then look past it and concentrate on the point being made, I feel that the correction was a mute point and not necessary - enough said!
Back to the Facebook forums!!!

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 05-27-2017, 02:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz, TKO600, 460
Not Ranked     

I like boobs.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

I spent much of my life wondering what the he'll a "munchence" was.....as in much of a "munchence". But I was always $hit at English
boxhead and ICCARS like this.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fair one. Also: moot point not mute point.

You're the one taking it personally, not me.

But again, this is what happens on this forum, so I'll go back to the ones that appreciate actual feedback instead of making stuff up or guessing which is what happens here a lot of the time.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Fair one. Also: moot point not mute point.

You're the one taking it personally, not me.

But again, this is what happens on this forum, so I'll go back to the ones that appreciate actual feedback instead of making stuff up or guessing which is what happens here a lot of the time.
Thank you again Treeve...

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 05-27-2017, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Mike and Treeve are Engineers.....get it wrong and it's in their make up to correct it. I wouldn't take it to heart. I work with Engineers and many of my good friends are Engineers, I get corrected on a daily bases.......lol. I just laugh when I see them struggling to start a nut or can't workout what a certain part of a car is, then it's payback.....lol.

Wil Treeve is a good Guy, his advice is very helpful and he tells it straight, would be sad not to have Treeves input here.
boxhead, SydneyChris and ICCARS like this.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Honestly it takes a lot more than that to upset me Dave, I am just sitting back having a little giggle to myself about how absurd this all is, hence my emoji's at the conclusion to my comments, and I must say that I understand Engineers very well also having lived with one all of my life (my Dad), so I'm cool.

However on a serious note, if this forum is to retain members and build good relationships between enthusiasts, manufacturers, builders and engineers etc.. the best way to do that is not to make examples of people in the first place IMHO..

Peace Out!

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net
Old 05-27-2017, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lets not forget where we need to be guys.. with regulations and a process that's practical, functional, ensures a safe and repeatable outcome with relatively efficiency.

We all have a passion for what we do.. is why we are here, spending hour upon hour, or our working lives as the case may be thinking about and working on these cars year upon year... we are all on the same side of the fence. As an engineer who sometimes holds part upside down also, there is usually more than one solution for a problem when you are designing and building a car from scratch.. which we often share and build upon time and time again... .

By any measure NSW is kinda rydiculous at the moment and also completely out of step with the rest of the country.. lets focus as we can on redressing this balance over time.

Chris

LS3 motor, TR6060 box with Falcon ABS, 17" Halibrand wheels, 3.55:1 Ford Racing IRS and Willwood brake upgrade

Last edited by SydneyChris; 05-27-2017 at 08:17 PM..
Old 07-25-2017, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And here's a new release of the new brake assessment manual:

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/...ent-manual.pdf

This includes the line: " However, ICVs must be fitted with an anti-lock braking
system (ABS) which complies with the technical specifications outlined in ADR 31/03".

The steering committee were strongly against this, but it got through anyway. It's not a requirement for low volume vehicles, but it is for ICVs... so hows that for the RMS making up interpretations of legislation to suit them?
Old 07-25-2017, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ?????
Not Ranked     

Typical NSW - think they know better than the rest of the country !!!
Old 07-26-2017, 12:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Treeve,

under the section "Modifications which require brake system assessment" it states in section 18 that ICV's using donor car brakes do not require the use of the ABS system. Does the statement that all ICV's require the use of ABS over ride the prior section 18 detail?

Cheers

Wil Escabache
RF 098 GT40 Twin Turbo
ICCARS GT40 - U/C
www.iccars.net

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: