Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
View Poll Results: Why Has 750HP got his Eyes shut and a big grin on his face?
a. He has his eyes shut because he has 805HP under his right foot. 1 4.35%
b. He has a huge grin on his face because he has 805HP under his right foot. 1 4.35%
b. It's pointless having your eyes open since you cant see anything around that huge scoop any way. 15 65.22%
c. He is enjoying the aural symphony that an 805HP motor makes through a set of side pipes. 3 13.04%
c. He's thinking about what's going to happen the first time he pulls up next to a HSV Commodore / Porsche / Ferrari / F16 ... 3 13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2003, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     
Default You'd have to lift the body off

Mike, thats at least one advantage with the RMC..I can take the body off without too much grief.

And, as wide as the 5.4 is, I'd prolly end up with no-where to put my tootsies, there would be no footbox left.

Guess the 351 WINDSOR will have to do...now, (thinking out loud)what do I have to do to it to make it eat them LS1's?...nothing much I spose.. SEQ injection, 4 barrel throttle body, nice cam and heads, stroked to 377 or 390 something...

yeah..that'd be plenty good enuff

Ohh..gotta tell you fellas a nice lil story along the lines of that thread "Who is the Hottest woman you could have riding next to you in your Cobra??? "

Next time, Havta run, you lot take care.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, LS1, T56.
Not Ranked     

When is Wakefield? Maybe my Ford eating LS1 powered Cobra will be able to set a few people straight. Check out my gallery for the latest pic. Engineering happening over next 6 weeks or so, then RTA and God willing it is straight line time!!

cheers to all.
Old 06-26-2003, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival, LS1, T56.
Not Ranked     

Bugger. The site will not accept my photo. It is only 51KB? Any ideas?
Old 06-26-2003, 07:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance AUS002, Chev 5.7 with hairdryer
Not Ranked     

Sloth try detaching the naked woman holding the two hairdriers on you LS1 Ford whipping eater, thats what i had to do...
Old 06-26-2003, 08:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by justbetter

Sloth try detaching the naked woman holding the two hairdriers on you LS1 Ford whipping eater, thats what i had to do...
Bugger, Why wasn't I at that photo shoot!!??!!??

Cheers

Old 06-26-2003, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Les,

Fortunately the body on the Classic Revival is pretty easy to take off too. It's coming off again in the next couple of weeks. It's time to put the motor and box in and build some pipes. A job that will be much easier to do with no body in the way.

If you've seen the foot boxes on Craig's you will see the excellent job he's don of making max legroom with a bulky engine combination.

Personally I like Fords, I've owned heaps of them. I'm just stiring you guys up. I chose the LS1 because as an out of the crate motor it's excellent value. To build a naturally aspirated ford (or anything) that is as light weight and makes as much mumbo I'd have to spend a big pile of cash.

There is also the advantage of the huge ammount of local development that's going into these motors now. As an example of this, Australia has produced the most powerful Ford Cleveland motors in the world with the local development that's gone into them.

Cheers

Old 06-26-2003, 10:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     
Default Sheezz..ya coulda invited me to that photo shoot too.

Yeah..we know secretly ya love fords Mike...thats why we have so much fun ribbin ya .

I wont ever admit I said this but I dont mind them GMH/Chebbie toys either. Fact is..I've got a son with a very mean HSV and I can tell ya the debate over the kitchen table gets a bit spirited at times. Mind you..the ford always wins

Frankly Mike, I only wish ford had a similiar offering to your LS1. compact, Light weight, technically advanced, buy in a box and install kind of thing.

But then, I'm an old traditionalist kinda guy thats why the throttle body..lift the bonnet and it'll still look somewhat like an older 60's carby setup to the uninformed.

I've seen Craigs car and what a job he's done but most of the bulk is forward and up...the lower back of the block is still SB ford ..it got nuffin on those 5.4 monsters...they're big everywhere.

Yep..totally agree on the Aussie development potential. Gawwdd..we even got respected engineering types putting jap lightweight 8's with twin hair dryers in cobras..and turnin them into all terrain 4 wheel drives.

Gives a whole new meaning for a cobra cruise to Ayers Rock ...what about up the rock?.

What was the temp down there today..3 degrees?.

Sloth..where ya from?..Sydney!!....That figures ner ner ner ner

Take care you lot
Old 06-27-2003, 12:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

3 degrees, pretty close to the mark there Les. It's cold and wet with a weekend of more cold and wet forcasted. I've got a shooting competition on Saturday that'll be made all the more enjoyable by some cold wet and probably windy weather.

My parents are coming down from sunny Hervey bay QLD to spend a couple of weeks at our place. Hope they bring some warm clothes. I wouldn't mind living up there in a more Cobra friendly environment.

I've just finished the extension on my workshop so Sunday will be a big cleanup day. I'm going through boxes and shelves, moving and rearranging stuff into the new extension. I can't believe I've collected so much crap over the years. I must have the world market cornered on useless stuff. I found 3x 10A Mazda Rotary water pumps in there and all 3 were knackered. What possesed me to keep this crap. I think an F100 load of junk will be going to the tip on Sunday afternoon.

Cheers
Enjoy your weekend All.

Old 06-27-2003, 02:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Mike

Interesting video Craig, Did you notice the big Nitrous system? It hink they were winding it up and then hit the nitrous causing a big intake back fire.
Cheers
Typical Chev loyalist - blame the nitrous..... You are of course absolutely correct, though. There are guys up here that swear that they can make BIG power reliably with nitrous. When it all comes unstuck, and they melt some pistons (or worse), it's never the actual nitrous delivery to blame. It's always the faulty fuel pump, or stuck solenoid, or, or, or..... I don't think I'll be fitting nitrous to my cars anytime soon.

3 junk 10A rotary water pumps - looks like Ebay material
Old 06-27-2003, 10:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

3 degrees you say Mike?
We had minus 4 in my backyard on monday morning, couldnt believe it silly me forgot to get my clothes of the line, staggered out into the yard at 6.40am and thought (hmmm feels i little cold)
grabbed the jumper on the line and the damn thing was frozen.
Thought it didnt feel that cold so i grabbed my snapon thermometer and took it out back, found the gauge said minus freeakin 4.
Drove to work and living in tropical north Queensland for the past 12 years didnt think while driveing, there was some dust on the windscreen so silly me squirted the washer jets and the water froze on the windscreen, had to pull up and wait for the heater to defrost it

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 06-28-2003, 02:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Now built a race cobra.
Not Ranked     
Talking Oh you have a what engine!!

Jezz guys you cary on like it life and death over your choice of engine in kit kar if it was a real one i could under stand .

Hey mike i know how you feel i getting worse each time i build a cobra my 1st 1 had a 350 chev the 2nd 1 has a 4 ltr lexus and i am thinking about my 3 rd 1 and putting a 2jz-gte 6 cyl toyota all be it with a huge turbo it goes with out sating all my cobras will have something in comon all BLOWN. THE ONLY WAY TOO FLY.
Just ask 750 hp.

if your going to drive the worlds sexeist car you may as well be blown too.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

I haven't seen one with a vee-dub in the boot.
Maybe that could be number 4

BIG CUBES - the other flying alternitive.

Why doesn't 750hp change his handle to 805hp????

and why don't you buggers start quoting kilowatts.
Only then can I understand the full extent of your over compensation problems.

Dr. Reptyl.
Old 06-28-2003, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hey guys

Sounds like fun at Wakefield Race Track in October.

Don't know about big bonnets scoops though!!

Seriously, I am having trouble with the standard Homebush scoop. The Victor Jnr. has put the carby float bowl top right at bonnet height.

I need a bigger scoop. Doug has a scoop that has a 65mm openning - bonnet to centre of scoop openning. I have checked measurements and even with a recessed air filter I am to high at the back.

I need a bigger scoop. Have been told Rob Baker has a mould for a bigger scoop.

Any ideas anyone. Perhaps a competent aluminium roller user??

I can see I will be well entertained when in Wakefield Park.

Talk soon

Bernie

PS. I have found the colour for Guardsman Blue. Its a PPG colour and my local paint shop has had the code sent to them from PPG head office in Sydney.

This just proves this site works. I received a response from the states about a week ago via email. The guy there gave me the USA code.

He also sent a fair bit of detail about the early Shelby cars and colours including the FIA 289 colours - Viking blue etc.

Since then Shelby American have responded on my question for colour. I am really amazed and appreciative!!

Kris Kincaid there sent an entire file of colours and archive photos in colour of Shelby's personal car and Guardsman Blue car.

Looking at the colour, I think there were a few at Wakefield in this colour. Well colour matched of perhaps they have the paint code also.

Now I see Superformance have the Guardsman blue colour but don't know if its the same colur code. CTC in Warrigal may tell me

I spoke to Brian down there last week but the email came in the same day from the states.

Again off to work - customers waiting

This really is a great site and I can see the value in promoting the site to all Oz Cobra owners/members. Great suggestion.

Only .....days to 'Weekend at Bernie's...

Talk soon - really must get back to work.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 06-28-2003, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Jason

Dr. Reptyl now!!! And to think I knew him when he was the club President.

Bernie
Old 06-28-2003, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     
Default Dr Reptyl

Bernie,

I only go by Dr Reptyl when sharing my professional opinions on the correlations between the size of one penis being inversely proportional to the size and horse power one has under the nose of ones Cobra.

I will leave it to a later date before sharing my views on those poor creatures adding forced injection to their power plants.
We are talking serious sexual inadequacies here.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Now built a race cobra.
Not Ranked     
Default oh so lucky

jezz i feel good about only having 242 ci under the bonnet .

is that why my wife is so happy. .

Its been said that owning a cobra adds 2 inches.

You can not have too much horse power only unusable horse power.
Old 06-28-2003, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Doc, I had the "750" handle before I even had the motor, and I was just guessing at the time what it would make. Pretty close, I'd say!
Re: inverse proportions. I put it to you that my motor is still merely a small block, pushrod engine based on what was available in the early "slabside" 289 Cobras. While it may have the odd power-adding enhancement here or there, I can prove that at the national highway speed limit, my engine is producing 235.5 kilowatts at the flywheel, and therefore much less at the tyres. Unless I am mistaken, this is less than the peak power available in not only the latest Ford and Chev V8 motors, but also the Turbo XR6. No compensation problems here, then!!!

Maybe we should have a think about you Melbourne guys for a second. All of this talk about the cold winter temperatures as a feeble attempt at justifying "shrinkage"
Old 06-29-2003, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Come now Craigie, comparing H/P from your beast cruising at 100ks with the peak power output from stocky current model is a bit unfair.

That's like saying my little Daihatsu could out accelerate your cobra over 400m.
Of cause my car would have to be dropped from an airplane. (i'm guessing it would still be a close race)

No compensation problems here, then!!!

The good Doc's diagnosis: extreme denial.

cold winter temperatures as a feeble attempt at justifying "shrinkage"

Wrong my friend!!!

This is god’s way to bring us well-endowed Victorians inline with the rest of the states (for 3 months of the year any how)
Old 06-29-2003, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Hi all,

I was going to paint my Cobra GMH Commodore red until my daughter drew an analogy between size and red sports cars.

You can see why I am looking at the Guardsman blue.

Good news Bruce - South Australia's #1 ticket holder - kindly sent me the full description and code for the Guardsman blue.

It apperas there was a car in Queensland that was an original 427 and was painted in Guardsman blue and Bruce had the code.

My PPG agent in Mt. Gambier has the code now. He described it as similiar to the Blue Lake. See www.mtgambier.com

Talk soon. This five +++++ star restaurant needs my service.

Cheers

Bernie

Last edited by BMK; 06-29-2003 at 05:59 AM..
Old 06-29-2003, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default GMH Commodore red

You're lucky you changed Bernie.

Take care