Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-28-2003, 02:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     
Smile Speedtrials in Nov... oh yeah and he has been found!!

Message from Todd Knight - (Bernie's son)

We found him, he's in LA, heading to Las Vegas tomorrow to see Shelby American inc.

Is anybody from VIC coming to Geelong for the Speed trails on Novemeber

Last edited by BMK; 10-28-2003 at 03:21 AM..
Old 10-28-2003, 03:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Geelong Speed Trials is on Novemeber 15th and 16th 2003. So pencil that into your diary.

The event is held over two days, with the best day normally Sunday. It is near impossible to get a run, but the weekend makes for good viewing.

The event is based on the Brighton sprints in England and has been going on and off for 50 or more years. The cars race a 1/4 mile on the waterfront at Eastern Beach.

There are normally a few Robnells running as well as cars from old and new British to new Italian and American and everything in between!!

There is always a concourse and show n shine so give the cobra a polish. The weekend is nearly always the signal for the start of summer (therefore Cobra driving for those scared of the big bad weather)

Should be a great weekend. Dad and I will be there (in the cobra hopefully) so come down for a look its not that far, and the roads are good now!! Maybe you guys could talk to each other and organise a cruise. If there is enough, we might even drive up to meet and cruise with you!!

Todd Knight.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Real: Southern Roadcraft, SRV8, 351W stroker
Not Ranked     
Talking Speed trials

I'll be there wouldn't miss it for quids one of the best modern and nostalgic racing events in the world.
Even saw a couple of "real" Cobras competing one year.
See you there,
Bryan
VK3KDN

Old 10-28-2003, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

Darn.. I normally like to put this one down in the Vic event calendar, but I usually need a couple of months prior notice to get it in to Snaketales early enough (must try to get on their mailing list).

I agree with Todd & Bryan, This is a great event to watch (and it's a freebie too!).

I remember back to 2000 (I think). laying on a blanket high up on the slop over looking the track on a very warm calm Summers day watching the machinery fly down the 1/4. It doesn’t get much better than that for a motoring enthusiast.

I think I have some photos some where from that day.
must dig them up to share.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

I'll see what I can do in regards to organizing a Cobra cruise.

Any ideas on the parking? We normally park up on the small park a couple of street back from the event.
I didn't go last year so I'm not sure whether we can still park there.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy

I just checked my roster and I'm working two 12 hour night shifts over that weekend
Old 10-28-2003, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Robnell, 351W, Tremec 3555 Road Race
Not Ranked     

Bernie's son

Just for your information, California is on fire and the highway between LA and Las Vegas is closed.

Is he flying? Most of the airports are not flying their regular schedule due to visability.

Let me know if theirs anything I can do. I'm in Rancho Cucamonga/Alta Loma (where the fire was)...

Samurai

I've learned the line is an ellusive thing, easily shown, but rarely remembered.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Real: Southern Roadcraft, SRV8, 351W stroker
Not Ranked     
Wink Speed trials parking

The "Enthusiasts Car Park" is the place to park. Only certain vehicles are permited to park there (Cobras included).
The car park can be seen from the track for the parenoid.
Jason, to bad you cant go.
Cheers,
Bryan
Attached Images

VK3KDN

Last edited by Bryan Wilson; 10-28-2003 at 09:55 PM..
Old 10-29-2003, 01:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The event isn't really publicised too heavily, thats why, we couldnt tell you earlier.

I only stumbled across the fact that it was on again this year, because the local pizza shop had stickers in there advertising the event.

Maybe you could pass the word around amongst the Melbourne Cobra boys if you are speaking to them. If there is interest, get them to call dad. Last few years Laurie B. came with a few of his cars, plus Robnells and all the local Geelong cars that dont see the light of day all year except the Speedtrials and All Ford day at the Deakin Uni Waurn Ponds campus. (Plus Brian of course!!)

The rumour of the original Cobra I assume Brian is talking about is that it resides in Geelong, it's silver, with a black map of Australia on the sides. I think its a 289 - no numbers known - We met the guy one time. He lived in Newtown (Geelong suburbia) where I live. I have not seen it recently!!

Maybe we could start organising a cruise to the All Ford Day too!?! Thats in Feburary dunno exactly when - I'll keep my ear to the ground. That would be a good day for the cobra boys. There is normally a few - Snaken and HIS302 plus many more were there. There is always heaps of interest in the cars, plus lots of other Fords to enjoy!!

Dad and I will try and catch up with as many people as possible when he comes over to Melbourne. No doubt the guy will be hanging to get on the forums when he gets back to tell he's stories!!

Look forward to seeing you all soon-

Todd Knight.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default All Ford Day

Sunday 15th February- All Ford Day. Held at Deakin University
Pigdon's road, Waurn Ponds, Geelong Melway Map 464 J5.
Cars admitted between 8am to 10am. Entry fee $15 per car, passengers free.
The Cobra Car Club of Victoria have a display area reserved for members this year.

The guys from the Eastern Suburbs ussually catch the Fairy over.
The others meet at the Westgate Todd Rd Service Centre.

I get mailed on this one, so it's on the calendar nice and early.
Old 10-29-2003, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush, Dodge Viper blue, white stripes, black traditional interior 347, AFR heads, Morrison injection, motec, T5, live axle, lead car Bathurst drivers parade 1999, 5.0L Cobra Nationals sprint title 2001
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Count me in, I have never been, sounds like a great couple of days. I assume it is too late to enter ????????

I would be keen on going on the Saturday, prefer going on the Ferry, less speed cameras. The ramp leading up to the ferry probably the only stretch of road without some form of camera in the state. If others are going to risk the most boring stretch of freeway in Melbourne, could tag along. Jas if you get a list at next weeks meeting I could organise the convoy over and Bryan could arrange the parking.

Unfortunately will not be at next meeting, sleeping upright on an overnight flight Tokyo to Singapore.

Snaken
Old 10-30-2003, 07:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush, Dodge Viper blue, white stripes, black traditional interior 347, AFR heads, Morrison injection, motec, T5, live axle, lead car Bathurst drivers parade 1999, 5.0L Cobra Nationals sprint title 2001
Not Ranked     
Wink

I read in this mornings paper the Sat is modern post 81, and the classics are on Sunday. I would assume most people will want to attend Sunday rather than the usual Sat.

snaken
Old 11-02-2003, 03:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi all I'm back

Look forward to catching up with you all soon.

I'm not sure if I can get to the 'Geelong Speedtrials' as we have friends visiting from up north that weekend.

Re the 'Geelong Speed Trials' - Bryan will correct me if I'm wrong here.

Head east on Myers Street Geelong, and turn left to travel north towards the water on Yarra Street. You will be stopped at a barrier on the corner of Corio Street by 'Apex Club' members who will charge you a small donation of $5 to park in the exhibition area.

Go into the exhibition area.

If you are late, they will direct you left into a bitumen car park on your left. Its not bad here but I think it is better to go into the exhibition area.

The exhibition area is booked by the Jaguar Car Club who have a concourse each year with Shannons as trophy sponsors.

You will need to get into Geelong very early to get a spot.

What do you think Bryan.

I usually find you need to be at 0830 - 0900 at the latest to get a good park spot. Perhaps an area could be reserved??

If you can all arrive together obviously you can park together.

If I can get away I will be there in the Cobra. If not I am sure Todd will call across and introduce himself.

Don't leave your Cobra keys around near him...

You will not be able to run your cars. Usually the Robnell cars get a run but, they have featured drivers in their cars. Graig Lownes ran one last year and guys such as Wayne Gardiner etc. get a run in a Cobra.

(Perhaps someone from Robnell can answer or agree here?)

Still insist you want to run?

Then try ringing the organiser, Gary Grant at C.A.M.S in Melbourne. I am positive that entries are closed but then again??

Cheers all

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt. Gambier South Australia.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 11-05-2003, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi all,

Spoke with Geelong Speedtrials organiser today..

Best to get in about 0830 Sunday as there will be a concourse display and judging forone of the bigger clubs and the area will fill up quickly.

Re All Ford Day at Deakin University

Did I read that the entry cost to the All Ford Day is $15 per car to display??

Seems like it tripled since last year.

Inflation for you.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Old 11-06-2003, 10:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I knew I had those photos somewhere

Attached Images

Old 11-06-2003, 10:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Attached Images

Old 11-07-2003, 03:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jason

I see your on the Forum

Are you going to the Speedtrials either day?

I recall you are working nights.

What are your thoughts re. the Deli in South Melbourne Sunday will it be still on?

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Mt.Gambier South Australia
Old 11-10-2003, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
the Deli in South Melbourne Sunday will it be still on?
I can't see why not. Everyone knows about it and we had 20 at the last one.

Can't make it to the trials. I'll be snoozin' (2 X 12 hour night shifts.yuk!)
Old 11-10-2003, 04:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jason,

It appears some will be coming to Saturday at the Speedtrials and then doing the deli run.

I will wait and see whats discussed on Saturday.

I think you should do the deli run and then go home and sleep.

Besides I want to show you the new exhaust. Its quite.

Cheers

Bernie

Bernie Knight
Old 11-10-2003, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Ian Johnson and I are going Sunday, catching the Sorrento Ferry at 8 am. Yahoo !!!!! boys day out Weather forecast is 19 partly cloudy, fantastic cobra driving weather.

Bryan do you have the directions to the collectors car park ?????

Snaken

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: