Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2004, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival. 6 litre Chev
Not Ranked     

Thanks Mike. Somehow your photo looks much better than mine. I should probaly send all my photos to CC via you!!!

I will get a price. If you want engraving the set up has already been done by the engraver so it shouldnt cost much to knock out a few more.

Thanks,

Phil
Old 03-11-2004, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Cool box Phil
It'll be great to see it in situ.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2004, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush. Lexus quad cam V8, R154 Supra box. Oh what a feeling.
Not Ranked     

Phil

Is that a local guy who did the fabrication for you?

Brett

Proud member of the Bclub Central Coast chapter
Old 03-11-2004, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay on emailing you the pics. I'm having a bit of trouble finding the disc I burned them on I'll have a good search through my collection tonight.

Cheers

Old 03-11-2004, 09:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival. 6 litre Chev
Not Ranked     

Brett,

Leon at Performance Metalcraft did the battery box, radiator,fuel tank, engine cover, overflow bottle and washer bottle for me. I think I have now paid for his first born to get private education, but he does do nice work.

He does a lot of turbo/intercooler work also. Gen 111 or Lexus with twin turbos would be fun.

He can be contacted on (02)9638 2419

David, when you do mods to gearbox make sure B&M shifter lets the selector go all the way home. Mine needed releiving of the B&M casting top and bottom for first gear but I made clearance for all other positions just to be sure.

Regards,

Phil
Old 03-13-2004, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the heads up on the selector lever Phil.

Mike. Have there been any selector problems with the B&M shifter you use? 45052 as opposed to the 45051.

Phil, I will sign up for emailed battery pics and also price on a cover aswell (maybe 3 is cheaper) send pics to david.rawnsley@bigpond.com also if you have pics of your fuel tank
Could you also get a price on another fuel tank aswell?

I finally managed to post the fuel pump and sender to you Mike, to your work address.
I forgot to put the shop manual printout in the box I did for you regarding all fuel parts so I will post them on Monday.

I am itching to work on the Cobra again but I have been busy rebuilding the troop carrier I bought for Ronda, hopefully 2-3 weeks to go on the toyota.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-13-2004, 03:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi David, You've got mail.

Thanks again for the pump. I'll start designing a tank around it over the next few weeks.

I had no selector problems with the B&M shifter. It will just come down to how carefully you put the selector together and line everything up when you modify it.

Phil reckons his has worked out fine with a little bit of clearancing on the base of the shifter.

Cheers

Old 03-13-2004, 04:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Not Ranked     

Thanks Mike.

Cruising in 5th

Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David, you are a champion! Just got the pump and literature in the post and it's excellent. The pump/sender unit has some definite potential with a bit of modification.

the real bonus is the wiring diagrams. I'd found a lot of this on the net but hadn't found the sheet that gives a visual ID on all the connectors. Great stuff, Thanks.

Cheers

Old 03-18-2004, 12:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No worries at all Mike

I started on my gearbox last night, My first question is I can see how you have milled the selector part that sits in the front and rear holes but when you welded the 2 pieces together did you sit the top part flat on the bottom or did you have to sit it higher to have the hole where the gearstick sits in at the correct height?

Also a question about your headers, who are you getting to weld them all together? if it is Defillipo's would they be able to make a second copied set from yours? if so how much?

Let me know how you go with the fuel tank as I might ask if you could supply a second one, just tell me a price.

Regarding my engine I now also have a GTS300 engine I can use all the heads, cam, injectors, intake and throttle body from.

Cruising in 5th

Old 03-18-2004, 03:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi David,

Re the gearbox mod, it's probably easier if you give me a call tomorrow and I can describe it over the phone. Ring me on my mobile any time.

I did all of the welding on the headers and the side pipes myself and I've basically built them on the car. I TIG welded the header tubes together but used the MIG on the flanges and the collectors. The TIG does a great job on butt welding the header tubes as you get hardly any protrusion into the pipe and you end up with a neat low profile weld. The welds are neat enough that I won't linish them back I'll just get the whole lot ceramic coated. The MIG is good on the flanges as it's got a lot more grunt and you can get right into the corners and tight spots.

I could probably build another set but I'm running short on time with family and work commitments. If you have some patience and some welding skills it's not too hard to build them yourself.

If I ever get my act together I'll finish the tech article on DIY headers that I've been working on for the snake tales magazine.

I'll keep you posted on the fuel tank as it develops.

I was offered a set of VX C4B GTS300 heads and the HSV throttle body a little while back. Still thinking about buying them. They are a nice looking head, all CNC ported and the beehive valve springs replaced with heavier more conventional springs. Do they have larger valves as well?

Cheers

Old 03-31-2004, 02:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi again Mike, If at all possable could you remove the selector lever and cover from your gearbox and measure how far below the selector lever mounting surface to the top of the flat part on the selector lever bucket is?
When I say bucket I mean the part that the selector lever sits in when the lever is fitted to the box.
I have added a pic to my gallery so you can see what I mean.

Thanks again, David

Cruising in 5th