Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2006, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

For those they dont know, selling on ebay just got a whole lot more expensive.

There seller fees are already ridiculous, but on the 21 of August, for "in store" items, the final value fee (FVF) is pretty much doubling. For items less then $100, the FVF is presently 5.25%, after 21 Aug it goes up to 10%. So if Dave or anyone else sells something for $100 through an in store listing, ebay gets $10, on top of listing fees (which are going up by up to 500%), and store fees (which are going up 50%) plus paypal fess of 3%.

Anyone who buys on ebay, I urge you to write to them and complain about this unbelieveable price hike. It will put a lot of sellers out of business, or at best make the products we buy get a whole lot more expensive.

The "feeBay sucks" tee shirts are are very big seller after this latest hike

Ill get off my soap box now.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

your right, the price is rediculas for what you get, i pay around $100+ every 10 day listing, thats why i sell more thru my email address than thru ebay. i was just kicked of for asking that all paypal customers pay a 2.5% ontop of the final price, due to me copping a bill of say, $40 for every $1000 sale, then thay keep the funds for up to 7 working days, which pi$$ of the purchaser for having to what for the goods an extra week or more, plus pay pal sting you for withdrawl of funds if lower than $150. just by sayng this will get me into trubble???. thanks for the coment about the quick jacks to.........boy for someone not spending much time on the net?????
Old 07-21-2006, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejay
Dave,

How about you put a list of your products in here so we know what is available.

I might be interested in a set of those SS quickJacks.

Ben
venom0427@bmail.com.au
i dont whant to put up a list of parts on the forum, i am in the prosses of setting up a web site, onc i get of my a$$
Old 07-22-2006, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Now built a race cobra.
Not Ranked     
Talking Legal side pipes.

I will jump to davids defence here he is correct in saying that you can get a cobra registered with the exhaust flowing down the side of the car and then back under and out the back i did it with a well know turbo charged cobra.
It passed rego the only conditions put on by the engineer was noise and heat sheilds where they ran down the side of the cobra .
They were in a sence not side pipe but just a different way to get it out the back . Helps a heap with ground clearance.
needless to say that for some strange reason the back half of the exhaust system rusted and fell off . It sounded so good i never replaced the back half

Regards oz
Old 07-23-2006, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC 302 Windsor Supra 5 speed Jag Suspension
Not Ranked     
Default Eat your hearts out guys

Hi All,

These are my new side pipes, fully functional and legal in Western Australia!!
We get an exemption from the ADR that requires the exhaust to exit behuind the rear wheels.

Cheers

Ross
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2006, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

So when you say legal, do you mean that they also pass all noise tests?

I think in NSW we have to meet 91 db approx. Still don't beleive it can be done with proper working side pipes!

Ben
Old 07-23-2006, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

This is how I understand it in QLD.

Ignoring noise levels, in QLD you can have drivers side, side exhaust, but not a passenger side one. There is a rule that exhaust gas cannot exit the passenger side of the vehicle.

Even if you have an exhaust that exits the rear of the vehicle, if you turn the exhaust tip to the passenger side, then that is not compliant. Some import vehicles have exhaust tips pointing towards passenger side and they need to be rectified to get compliance.

You can always go back to the old trick of running exhaust through side pipes and then back under to exit the rear. This is how the Harrison Daytona will be configured.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

A while back, the dba had to be 86dba, (VIC) then I took it to another guy and he wanted it at 87dba so for the extra 1 dba I went with him, now this some time back.
Recently I had the car go thru Inklman’s and the car came in at (with the side pipes) 82dba, at this point the car was almost stalling from the pressure. Due to the new regs, I wasn’t going to be stuffed around with having to put the car thru again with only a few weeks before the new ADR’s rules.
But that car had cats, 1 x 18” resonator, muffler, 2 x small hot dogs and a heap of bends.

I spoke Doug Pearce a few weeks ago about tying to put cobras thru with the side pipes, and he was nocked back the day before (I think it was a Nell) due to heat issues, as we spoke the issue seemed to me that he was trying to get it resolved by having a spare under slung system that would modify this unit to suit each different car??.
Now the way I see it is, if I had to have a car with the 4” – 5” ground clearance then have a 2 – 3 inches for the pipes plus the mountings plus all the work to the suspension to gain the extra clearance, that to me seems like a hell of a lot of work, to make the car sit so hi up, and then get it down to level that looks right.
The car that went thru last year had 4 ½” ground clearance, we had put the covers over the pipes, with heat wrap, on the inside and on the pipes that reduced the heat and the pipes were ceramic coated. Now the owner can have a car with legal pipes or take the pipe sleaves of and run them out the side with the cats remaining, not ADR but at least EPA legal (and a $10,000 fine) now this isn’t a sales pitch, but if was building a car and wanted pipes the most logical way would be to build something that was universal.
If you wanted to build something cheep and do the job, a 3” bend from the car, step it up to a 4” then put your cat and hot dog in, then back down to a 2 ½” and then back under the car and out the back. If you guys got together and built 1 set you all could lend it for a small fee and the system would pay for its self in the first year, and save a heap of headaches. That my big spill
Old 07-23-2006, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom0427
If you guys got together and built 1 set you all could lend it for a small fee and the system would pay for its self in the first year, and save a heap of headaches. That my big spill
As you know all the bodies are different. For example, nearly every brand requires different length side pipes.

So ends up being a problem when swaping things from one Cobra to another. And even within the same type of car, people change things, engine position etc. So makes it really hard to have a compliance type setup. Would work ok for factory built cars.

Hey but we don't change things after registration anyway. That wouldn't be the right thing to do.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Great pipes Ross Smith.

Regards.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZVENOM
needless to say that for some strange reason the back half of the exhaust system rusted and fell off .
Regards oz
Oz, I've seen this happen, must be the sorta rust we get here in the tropics.

I've even seen that "rust" completely destroy 316 stainless tube.
Old 07-24-2006, 03:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush. Lexus quad cam V8, R154 Supra box. Oh what a feeling.
Not Ranked     

That sort of rust is not only confined to the tropics. We have a major problem with it in Sydney and it tends to attack ECU's as well.

Brett

Proud member of the Bclub Central Coast chapter
Old 07-24-2006, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default Rust

Is that the same rust that disolved the stainless rivits holding the front number plate bracket, the bracket fell of while I was driving and somehow ended up in my boot.

Phil
Old 07-24-2006, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush. Lexus quad cam V8, R154 Supra box. Oh what a feeling.
Not Ranked     

Nasty stuff

Proud member of the Bclub Central Coast chapter
Old 07-24-2006, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Hehehe, it's a strange affliction allrighty.

I've got a theory about the stuff. I believe that it's a bit like bird flu and is spread by certain people.

I notice that after exposure to mechanical engineers that it gets particularly infectious.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

these are the pipes that got the car thru in Vic last year, they were tested at daddler exhaust in dandenong, they came in at 82dba. way to quiet. 1-5/8" primery ceramic headers, to a 4" collector (by the way, i cant find a better way to run them into each other) with internal cats, and resenators, to a few tight sh1tty bends, commodore muffler and 2 x hot dogs. ther you have it, car was engineered by inkelmans in moorabbin by collin young. they passed fine.

[IMG][/IMG]

this was the parts for the internals

show pipes with no internals

thes are the show pipes with internals and gaurds

Last edited by venom0427; 09-09-2006 at 05:35 PM..
Old 09-10-2006, 04:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Smith
Hi All,

These are my new side pipes, fully functional and legal in Western Australia!!
We get an exemption from the ADR that requires the exhaust to exit behuind the rear wheels.

Cheers

Ross
Hey Ross, how the hell did you get them past the two side rails. Do you have the single side rail chassis?.

Looks great mate.

Cheers
Old 09-10-2006, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC 302 Windsor Supra 5 speed Jag Suspension
Not Ranked     

Hi,

They look fantastic.........
My RMC is the current dual rail chassis and the pipes fit between the rails. I had RMC remove half the thickness of the lower rail (and reinforce it).
Cheers

Ross
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2006, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Smith
Hi,

They look fantastic.........
My RMC is the current dual rail chassis and the pipes fit between the rails. I had RMC remove half the thickness of the lower rail (and reinforce it).
Cheers

Ross
Ahhh, that explains it.

The RMC chassis is so strong ( in an agricultural sense ) that it wouldn't make any difference.

Looks great.

Cheers
Old 09-10-2006, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

Les
Chris also fed 4 pipes between the rails on his MK2 twin rail RMC. Has taken them off now and run long underbody headers and picked up some valuable ponies.