Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 07-03-2006, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

..NOW IS THIS A BIKE FORUM.....

Jason - Leeroy

Hi guys.

I will try and get over to see Barry at Mainline Cycles at Chelsea and ring you up. We will go for a ride??......

I am feeling fit and as I said I'm sleeping really well. The weight loss has been really noticeable. I'm aiming for 94 Kgs. That's a loss of over 20kg's

(44lbs)....

After spending $8 - $10,000 on car bits it's a great feeling to pay $100's for bike parts. A very cheap sport and fun. Not to mention the social atmosphere similiar to the Cobra clubs...

I'm still getting out in the Cobra and guess going out on the bike in the middle of winter is similiar to taking the Cobra out. Cold at first but you get over it..

Role on summer.. for both the bike and the Cobra good times..
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 07-03-2006 at 07:48 AM..
Old 07-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

Hi Bernie,

Thanks for the link to Cadel's site. The links off the "barbie" were cool. Your Mustang still looks good.

By the way, as I said before, GREAT job on your first race. Second place is no small feat and pretty amazing for a newcomer such as yourself. Tactics and situational awareness are something that only experience can teach. It will come with time.

Have you also noticed how much a good long ride curbs your appetite? I think that it's the endorphins or something. You get a double hit on weight loss with exercise and eating less.

Of course, if you look at what the guys like Cadel eat each day on the Tour, it blows your mind to think that on average they lose about 20 pounds during the three weeks. Shows how much effort they have to put into it.

Just out of curiosity, what is that red vehicle on page two of your gallery with the McDonald's logo? Surely they don't do home deliveries "down under" the way we do pizzas here in the States?

Drive and ride in safety!

Cheers!
Dave
Old 07-03-2006, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     

2 mates and I ride 20klm 3 times a week starting at
5.45am before work. We only have the crappy old mountain bikes (mines a $200 Repco) but you certainly get a good work out as I am sure I pedal 4 times more than those racers which pass me I have been considering a good quality road bike and so too have my mates. I will get down to Barry's to see if he can do a deal on bulk buy. As you say cheap conpared to cobra bits
Leeroy
Old 07-04-2006, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Leeroy,

I started on a mountain bike and was getting a little bit of a ribbing from Cadel and a few of his friends about being the heavy weight of the group. Mind you my kids are their age..

After selling the Mustang to cadel we had kept in close touch and I watched with interest what he was up to in Europe etc.

This year he started his season in california for the tour and then went back home to Europe for both classics and obviously T D France training.

In fact I'm watching the T D France at the moment.

Guess the move on to a road bike was at their encouragement.

Bernie
Old 07-04-2006, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Roushac

Hi Dave,

The little red van is a Nissan S'CARGO play on name due to it's snail shape..

It's powered by a 1500cc Nissan with a 3 speed auto. Gets along very easily at about 60 - 70mph.

They were only built in '88 and '89 I think.

We purchased the little van after seeing it and realizing it would make an ideal advertising vehicle for our business in Mt. Gambier.

My manager and I use it to run about, to the bank and main street. It's a real eye catcher and gets plenty of smiles and waves from the kids.

No we don't do deliveries here...

It's just a promotional vehicle that we drive or leave parked at major events etc...

The race was hard and the young guy who won was just on 20 years younger than me. Whilst I took up the bike riding for a little excercise it has been a real bonus for weight loss. I do find that I'm not eating as much as I did.

I also find that I'm eating the better things at work from the Maccas menu. Things such as the salads, deli rolll (we have here) and the smoothies etc.

The photo is not the best as I was really sucking air in after crossing the finishing line and stopping. Looks like I was in pain but quite the contrary as I felt really good just puffed.

Just went for a 40m ride tonight with some club guys. Doing about 200m per week. A few 35m rides and more on Saturdays.

Still plenty of time for the Cobra though..

Take care talk soon.

Bernie

Last edited by BMK; 07-04-2006 at 06:53 AM..
Old 07-05-2006, 11:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default You can see why///////

Bernie,

"They were only built in '88 and '89 I think."

I now know why!!!! They are UGLY

"My manager and I use it to run about, to the bank [/color]and main street"

Is there that much cash in the business that you need a Clown Car to take it to the bank????

STIFFY
Old 07-06-2006, 02:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stiffy

I take the cash and the S CARGO Van takes me..

Guess I'm the...

It's seriously a great promotional vehicle.

Bernie
Old 07-06-2006, 02:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hewey

Sydney and a bike...Mmmmmm..

M. Gambier with long rolling hills. I also ride the coast road over in Geelong from Geelong to Barwon Heads, Ocean Grove and back along Corio Bay. It's a lot safer and predictable with head winds.....

I jumped straight on the carbine bike so have not had anything to compare with. It's very comfortable and smooth.

Bernie
Old 07-18-2006, 02:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: rcm 5ltr windsor paxton supercharged
Not Ranked     
Default Traning program

Bernie...How was the ride to day with your new personal trainer?
hope he turns up to the shop tomorrow I need a few days at home
work to do on the cobra and get to drive the new XR8 ute,Brooke tells me you go ok on the bike I'll be on mine at the weekend.
Regards
Old 07-18-2006, 05:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie,

It's looking good for Cadel, Floyd, and Denis. We'll see who wants it the most in the Alps this week. Good luck to them all.

By the way, I broke my foot last week, and had a rod put in on Friday, so I won't be riding the bike or driving the Cobra for a while.

Enjoy riding and driving for me!

Cheers!
Dave
Old 07-19-2006, 03:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Barry

The new personal training knocked me about a bit. We took a 60k (35m) ride down to the border and back.

He had me make a big dash for the top of the hill and it nearly killed me. The irony of it all was the top of that particular hill is the entrance to the cemetary and that went through my mind..

Went out later in the evening with the bunch and did another 50k (31m) ride and felt great. Have just finished 64k (37m) down to the coast and back later this arvo. So about 174k (104m) in the two days.

Let the coach know..

Cheers

Bernie
Old 07-19-2006, 03:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ROUSHAC

Bad news there about the break. Take care put the foot up and have them all wait on you..

I watched Cadel in the Alps de Heuz (spelling?) last night and he looked a bit down. I thought he had gone, but he jumped on and finished strongly. The next few nights will tell it only gets harder and steeper..>-

Dennis looks strong also, so I think you are spot on. Could be a Floyd, Denis and Cadel on the podium... cadel will need to lift over the next few days though and put in a strong TT on Saturday in the last stages.

Take care. Footy up and rest..

Bernie
Old 07-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bernie,

I am already being a bit of a PITA to my family, and will have to try harder to be nice to them. All in all, it's not so bad except for the boring part of having to be around the house all day.

Man, between Evans, Rogers, and Mc Ewen, Australia is still going great guns this year. Good luck to you guys on a possible 1st time win.

My thought is that at this point is that Floyd is taking things very cautiously - perhaps too cautiously. Today is, I believe, THE tough stage, not yesterday, and we will finally see who REALLY wants to win this TdF. Still WAY too many possible contenders after no one really made a statement yesterday for me to predict a winner anymore. Today should tell though.

My boy George faded, but hopefully he and Popovych and the rest of Discovery will put up a better effort and move up in the standings somewhat in the waning days. Lance's shoes were pretty big to fill so soon perhaps.

Cheers!
Dave
Old 07-20-2006, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 302 windsor, trickflow heads, gt 40 intake, 65 mm throttle body, autronic computer, custom headers, glimer drive , toploader
Not Ranked     
Smile Alpe duez

How good is the tour this year

I rode the alpe 2yrs ago took 1hr and 5min to the top god I'm so slow
Old 07-20-2006, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

The tour is awsome! I get up every morning just to see whats happening. Landis really put on a show today!!! Guess we'll see what he has left in the tank tomorow!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 03:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     

I am just trying to catch up with Burnie......
Old 07-24-2006, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stiffy

The new me mate..

Anne's also trying to catch up. NOw I'm to tired...

Bernie
Old 07-24-2006, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ROUSHAC

Well now the tours over you will need to get a magazines to review the 20 odd days of the TDF.

You were right in your tip with Landis... I thought - as did everyone else - that he was done for.

George Hincapie looked like he was going to have a real go in the final stage, but did not move up much. The Disco team would have been in discussion with Lance and a few others after.

Cadel went well and my son has had a chance to speak to him. Apparently, he punctured on the TT and lost nearly a minute there. His tempo was then hard to get back and as you saw Kooden caught and passed him at the line.

Still a strong finish at 5th. I think that Jan (T - Mobile) and Evan (CSC) riding would have seen Kloden and the Carlos further down as they would have been support to Jan and Evan.

Guess I'm saying that the top ten would have had some different names up there with Jan and Evan in. Mmmmmm

Bernie

Last edited by BMK; 07-24-2006 at 07:09 AM..
Old 07-24-2006, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

*13*

Well Landis did a fantastic job of getting that 8 minutes back.

Food and water - plenty of it helped on the breakaway. Heard some one say that he had used 75 biddons of water on that breakaway with most going over his head and back..

As Liggett said the next month will tell how he goes - new carbon fibre hip and teflon..
Old 07-24-2006, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

I heard landis was joking about selling his hip bone on ebay Even if Landis hadn't won it was still a fun race to follow!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: