Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2006, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

NEW TOY!

KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 11-23-2006, 12:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

Nice ride! That looks to definately be on the sub 6.8 side! Nice ES wheels! How you like them? Any reason you chose Shimano over Campy components? Nothing wrong wih it, I run Shimano myself. Just always interesting to hear others opinions. I upgraded recently also. Got me a Merckx. Probably not as Light as your ride but I really like it.

Last edited by *13*; 11-23-2006 at 12:42 PM..
Old 11-23-2006, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hyde

Thanks mate. Not the best picture.

The ES wheels are good but costly here at $1400 a set. I stripped the 'Gitane' frame and put all the Dura ace gear on the new Scott.

This frame is slightly shorter and a better fit for me.

Check out www.cadel.com.au

In his picture gallery in Jan. you may see a car you recognise!!!

When I purchased the Gitane it was set up with the Ultegra groupset and I upgraded to the Dura ace set about 4 months ago.

The Scott frame is a lot lighter and the sizes were better for me.

My son Todd is keen to take the Gitane frame and set it up for himself it will be a good fit for him.

I'm currently riding about 75 - 80k's per day - six days a week. That's about 50 miles per day..

Mmm perhaps I'll bring the bike over one day and take a ride there.... Don't know how long I have been talking about shipping the Cobra over to do the same thing. But must admit that I have been spoilt by Hershal in Phoenix allowing me to drive the GT40 there across Route 66 with him last year..

Cheers

Last edited by BMK; 11-23-2006 at 03:06 PM..
Old 11-23-2006, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A ride over here would be great. I don't log quite the mileage you do but I do try to get out 4 times a week & like to focus on climbing. I try to get a good 40+ mile ride in on the weekends, today a friend & I did 55 miles on the Pacific Coast Highway from Santa Monica through Malibu & back. I was a great day for it.
Funny you went smaller, I had to do the opposite. I needed to upsize to get a better fit. I feel much more comfortable in the bike now & descents aren't as hairy!!!
Scott bikes are definately known for lightweight. They do a great job on those frames! I was in Prague Last month & they had a Scott store. Unfortunately My desire to pick something up as a momento was cut short because most everything is MTB oriented due to the nature of the roads in Prague (Cobble). Beautiful Place though!
Nice shot of the car! I really like the Mooneyes decal Shipping the Bike might be a little cheaper than the Cobra If ya do, let me know. We have some great rides here in the Los Angeles area, be it Climbs and/or distance. I'll be here a few more months, then were moving up to Portland, Oregon which is about 1000 miles north(1800km)
Old 11-23-2006, 10:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/SBC/Jag
Not Ranked     

You need to get out and do Cycle Oregon and the STP (Seattle to Portland) when you get up there !

I have done Cycle Oregon twice now, though I am totally out of shape to do it now. It is extremely well supported and a great experience.

We come into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood. With dedication and a little planning, you can go out the same way.

View my overflow Gallery (much more to come !)
Old 11-24-2006, 02:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289 USRRC #98 The Ken Miles Tribute Car
Not Ranked     

Hey Bernie,
Feelin' fit, come and cycle over to ACT and say G'day to the Cobrafiles here.All the best!
Brett
Old 11-24-2006, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetiman
You need to get out and do Cycle Oregon and the STP (Seattle to Portland) when you get up there !

I have done Cycle Oregon twice now, though I am totally out of shape to do it now. It is extremely well supported and a great experience.
Sounds like fun. I can't wait to ge up there & get some Oregon under my wheels, Cobra & Bicycle!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 01:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

*13*

I borrowed a cruiser and rode from 19th at HB south down to Laguna. Hell it was a long way but flat. Al;so rode up to Longbeach and around that area.

I weas moving along at about 25kph - 16mph. It had a neat 10 speed set up and a big comfortable seat.

I will not be back in Cal. until March/April next year. So may miss you there..
Old 11-27-2006, 01:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

BJ's Snake

Brett,

Geelong up to ACT is about 800 and would take me 6 days to get there. I'm comfortable with about 150 per day - slow...

Perhaps I'll drive up and ride the road to the communication tower..

Cheers

Bernie
Old 11-27-2006, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Knight
*13*

I borrowed a cruiser and rode from 19th at HB south down to Laguna. Hell it was a long way but flat. Al;so rode up to Longbeach and around that area.

I weas moving along at about 25kph - 16mph. It had a neat 10 speed set up and a big comfortable seat.

I will not be back in Cal. until March/April next year. So may miss you there..
Possible...Never know though. I'm waiting to finish up a retaining wall before we sell. With all of the permits, surveying & engineering it could be a while before we finish it up