Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-30-2006, 02:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     
Default Slowy's G-Force build!

Seems Lobelly has finally shamed me into figuring out how to and actually posting pics of my build.

Mine is a 97 built G-force that has seen two previous owners but never been registered. I have been fortunate enough to be classed as a late 2004 classified ICV ie I get to use an AU series motor - no dark side of the force for me!!. In this case a 220kW Tickford with 5 speed so she should burble along.

Have had body on and off a couple of times made very easy by twin pulley systems so that I can do all this by myself in about 15 minutes. Made a right mess of my garage ceiling though - will have to add the ceiling repairs to the to do list after car is finished!!?!

Have fitted brake and mechanical clutch systems see pic below

Needed to make an extension to clutch pedal to pull cable as the kit was set up for hydraulics, but the motor/box arrangement was mechanical as original. But am finding I have a mighty long throw, so on advice am currently going to test for clutch release and set a stop on the pedal. Can anybody provide any further advise on this issue?

Also had to cut out a section of the rear of front wheel arch to fit brake booster and master as shown below! This had been forecast by a fellow building his second G-Force near me. He isn't a club member and I will have to work on this.

Test fitted the airbox that came with the engine and it's way too big. Have been lent a GM airbox, thanks Martin, but wonder if the smaller size will affect the engine particularly related to emissions management. Can anyone comment on this, including other options I might have in this issue?

Have also been searching for ages for MX5 seats, and have two shown in the car. The black cloth seat has been shrunk and fits the GF well, the leather tan seat is full size but doesn't fit as well as expected. Here in steps the Boss and says I want them leather seats, so its cut and shut time with a visit to the trimmers.

The black seat was lent by a fellow building clubmans and who has a similar pair of full sized seats available - see my post on mx5 seats. The black seat hugs much like a race seat without the large wings even though the owner very roughly did the cut exercise. When I am finished the tan seats will need to be measured to know they are smaller!!

Am working my build towards a state where I can contemplate exhaust systems. This means fitting all the interfering goodies including fuel tank and pumps. My kit came with a GF fabricated tank but I wanted to maximise boot space so am fitting tank beneath f/glass, rather than through boot as suggested by the GF build manual. Pick shows tank roughly in location.

Search in vain for an intank std system so ended up buying off ebay the needed bits in one hit - Carter lift pump, ali surge tank and an 044 Bosch motorsport pump, all destined for a Mustang but never used. Have worked out where these will go and will buy the steel and start fabricating this week.

Can anyone explain simply the routing sequence for fuel supply and return including vapour management? I know I need a charcoal cannister as well, where does this fit into the picture?

Anyway that's more than enough from me, look forward to all those handy hints and suggestions to keep my jigsaw going.

Cheers

PS I think I have a photo melt down. If there aren't any attachments please barrage me with how to post photo descriptions, as I had faithfully followed previous instructions from the forum on how to do this. Probably first time blues.

Slowy

Last edited by stephen low; 07-31-2006 at 12:13 AM..
Old 07-30-2006, 04:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

In the words of 4 weddings and a funeral .... f@#*, f*#@, bugga

So how do I post attachments - Cheers
Old 07-30-2006, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Like most things, it's simple when you know how.

Make sure the images have been uploaded to your Gallery, which looks like they have.

Then open up each image that you want to include in your post, using your gallery. On the gallery page that displays the full size image, you have a text box down the bottom called UBBCode. It has the correct data in it to display images in your post. Just click the "Copy to Clipboard" button on the right, then paste the data where you want the images to appear in your posts.

Voila.

Now you can edit your post above and add in the required images.

I'll leave you to it.

Now this is a cool photo. I remember the feeling of dropping the engine in for the first time.

Last edited by 400TT; 07-30-2006 at 05:07 AM..
Old 07-31-2006, 12:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Many thanks Craig at least now have pics to go with the story!

How do you generate bigger pics. such as in Lowbelly's post?

Cheers
Old 07-31-2006, 02:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default What about a shed run.....

Hi Stephen,

The car is coming along well, maybe you need a couple of finished cars to drop in and get you more excited......

Let me know if you require some added motivation

STIFFY
Old 07-31-2006, 02:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Stiffy

Am always after motivation and excitement. What can you do Boss man!!

Though I always put such time down to research, as bugger all actually gets done to the car. Particularly if the thinking process is aided by consumption of amber, clear or red coloured liquids!

See you Thursday night.

Cheers

The Slowmeister
Old 07-31-2006, 11:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     

hey Slowy

nice build pics.

had to do the same chop for my brake booster - they got a lot easier after that one - now the body is like swiss cheese, I'm afraid that if I have to pull the body off again it wont hold it's shape.

look forward to catching up thursday

LoBelly
Old 08-01-2006, 12:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yer LoBelly know what you mean.

Cut a hole in drivers side rear wheel well in the cockpit attempting a better fit for my mx5 seats.

Marginal gain achieved but I will do better once my seats have been shrunk some 50mm. What you have to do to get things to fit - Geez!!!!

Cheers
Old 08-01-2006, 04:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB,Ford Tickford 302 220kw with BTR 4 speed auto, 3.9:1 LSD
Not Ranked     

Hi Stephen,

My car is now registered and back in my garage. As you know I have the same motor.

I am running an after market pod filter. Cold air intake, it sits behing the headlight. No problems with emmissions.

You can come over and check the fuel lines. One in, one out and the plastic charcoal canister line is right next to them. I put the canister in the boot with a vent tube popping out above the rear axle. The Au canister also has a plug for some wiring. I used the original wiring so no probs, not sure if aftermarket wiring would cover that?

Feel free to come over and gave a look
Old 08-01-2006, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen low
Yer LoBelly know what you mean.

Cut a hole in drivers side rear wheel well in the cockpit attempting a better fit for my mx5 seats.

Marginal gain achieved but I will do better once my seats have been shrunk some 50mm. What you have to do to get things to fit - Geez!!!!

Cheers
We did the same, massaged every inch of the rear wall/wheel well to get the MX5 seats to fit as far back as possible. I think in the end we gained about 30mm extra length. Doesn't sound like much but it was the difference between my brother fitting and not fitting. I'm only 5'10", so fit with ease in most Cobra's, GT40's etc.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cameron good to hear you've got your car back finally.

I will take you up on your visit offer, what's this weekend like for you?

Cheers

Steve
Old 08-03-2006, 01:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB,Ford Tickford 302 220kw with BTR 4 speed auto, 3.9:1 LSD
Not Ranked     

Steve,

Saturday arvo or Sunday should be fine.

Regards Cameron
Old 08-03-2006, 05:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Cameron I think Sunday will suit best as we have visitors Sat. afternoon extending to Sunday morning. I would presume just after lunch might be the best opportunity, that good for you say 1pm ish?

Will bring digital camera and numerous questions!

I'm sure I have them somewhere but what's your address again and a contact number just in case!!

Cheers

Steve
0400 934 027
9580 8753

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: