Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 01-11-2007, 04:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

That must've just been updated this evening, as I emailed you earlier today for next month's date. Many thanks once again mate.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile Mr Portelli

Firstly, let me just say that I was very disappointed by your comments regarding Tony and the Cobra Car Club of Victoria.

I am the wife of a committee member and like Snaken's wife, does not enjoy all the "Cobra Talk" that can go on. But I have found that this is not the only topic of converstion at events.

With that said, I enjoy partaking in the CCC of Victoria outings and functions as a family. (Yes with our 3 children too!). When I first started attending events I found everyone friendly, easygoing and sociable.

There are many events that are organised throughout the year, and vary from the Shleby Fest to just going out for the monthly breakfasts. (By the way, the location of these breakfasts are changed every 2nd month, surely some of them would have been close to you). As a family we attend most functions, although some of them we don't for whatever reasons, that our choice.

I am sorry that you feel that the club was not meeting your expectations, but maybe you should have put your hand up to become a Committee Member over the past three years, and you then may have felt that you had some imput into the Club. The time and effort that Tony and other Committee Members and non Committe members put in to make the Club what it is (whether you think good, bad or otherwise) should only be commended, not critisized. Also, I cannot imagine Tony telling you to join another club if you want your family invloved. Our family along with Tony's and many others are involved in this club and they enjoy it.

Finally, I think that it is very sad that you could not find anything postitive to say about the Cobra Car Club of Victoria, you must be a very hard person to please!!!!! Enjoy your new Club.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Mmmmm

Hell there is so much to do and so little time.

All these events.

In all seriousness I wonder why this 'Thread' was started.

A little history

Far to many years ago, about six or seven Cobra enthusiasts gathered in the workshop of GV Automotive in South Melbourne, Victoria.

We had been calling into George's factory for some time at all different times of the day to say HI.. bump into other enthusiast or just look at what George and Maggie were up to. George was always welcoming and had some new thing happening...

There was a decision made - by whom? - that we should do a few things together socially, perhaps a drive or get together for a meal somewhere.

George V. Rob Baker, Michael Moore, Nevile S., Laurie B. and I decided over time that we should do a cruise and bite to eat. George had a couple of customers - one an ambulance driver and another the publican of the Mercat Hotel. A decision was made to meet at the Mercat Hotel.

Our first meeting there was great. Walking into the Mercat Hotel we were greated with a British Racing Green Cobra with red leather sitting in the foyer entrance and posters around.

The whole thing was pretty layed back and somehow we became the Cobra car club and we were under the South Australian banner.

If my memory serves me well, we did not keep any meeting minutes and I don't think we paid any membership. We were members under the South Australian club somehow - financial there.

About the same time Anne and I were running the Renovation and Heritage Home Shows for Dulux and we kicked off the G.A.S event - Geelong Auto Spectacular and Wings Wheels and Water that was sponsored by Shell, Dulux and the R.A.A.F to name a few.

We had drifted away from the Cobra Car Club as I was into Street Rods and road bikes. However we kept in contact with a lot of members through the participation in racing and events at the shows.

Well, long story short

After selling the shows Anne and I became involved in the Cobra car club again and attended the legendary events at Mangalore Airport, West Wylong etc.

The club was still meeting in the Mercat Hotel under the Presidency of King Jason 1 - you can still see it was low key!!. The Hotel Publican still had his British Racing Green Cobra.

The move to the German club was brought about by our - particularly mine - dissapointment in both food and treatment at the Mercat after the Publican left.

Stiffy kindly drove and phonned around and found the German Club. It's centrally located and sure you cannot see your Cobra, but it is parked on site and under cover. No problem to date.

Membership dues were $60 a year and we received a newsletter each month. The membership covered the newsletter and left a few dollars to do banners and cover postage etc.

The newsletter was being collated and printed from South Australia with States encouraged to put articles in it. I wrote an article on the trip across America in the GT40 and other members were encouraged to do the same. It has always been hard to get people to put articles in and yes sometimes the calendar of events is out of date a few weeks. The newsletter would be huge if we all contributed something and did some advertising..

The newsletter is put together and forwarded to some 700 members. A great effort.

So that's were it was and were it is now...

The club has grown in numbers and the web. site is up and running. Emails are out all the time. I think we are more than well informed.

In conclusion

I want to emphasize that I think the club is going ahead leaps and bounds. It is a very social group with dozens of activities. I feel that members need to put a little effort in to move around and talk more - part of becoming a big club.

I travel five hours to each meeting and even longer to some events. I have never left an event where I felt I was cheated or left out.

The majority of members are professional business people, business owners or retired and I think to a person depend on the committee to basically do it for us - just let me know what it is and I'll be there approach.

The committees past and present have done a damn good job of both organising and giving us a wide variety of events in social and competition. I have been a little busy to get to all but know they have all been successful.

Over the coming months there is an event on in the Victorian Cobra club every weekend and even two events on a few weekends...

As a member I'm very satisfied and grateful to the guys and girls who put an effort in to make our time spent together enjoyable, interesting and friendly. I'm sorry that we have lost a member.

To all of the committee members and their partners - past and present - I thank you for a job well done and give you my support and confidence..

Hope to see you all soon...

Importantly, have a great 2007 and a safe one. Good driving..
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026

Last edited by BMK; 01-11-2007 at 04:50 PM..
Old 01-11-2007, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: The one leaving fat black marks
Not Ranked     

I guess it is always going to be difficult to cater for a family when the club is based around a *somewhat* antisocial two seater car...

But, I have always thought the Victorian Cobra Club did a pretty good job at providing for club members and their families. Each event I have been to has had at least two or three families there... and always plenty of wives.

Some see the Cobra as a bit of a release from family life and hit the road to listen to the sound of screaming exhausts rather than screaming kids...

I'm not trying to make excuses for anyone, but I have seen the hardwork first hand that many of the cobra club commitee members put in and am thankful for many great adventures from the passenger seat (or on occasion - the drivers seat) of my dad's Cobra.

Todd (SoB - son of Bernie)

BTW, which car do you drive Trevor? Just trying to put a name to a face...
Old 01-22-2007, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have been thinking about this for a while now and I feel that this will no doubt come up at the next meeting. Or should!!

Perhaps anyone who has ideas of thoughts about what has been happening can come along and have a say at the next meeting.

In better words, give the committee some direction, ideas and support if appropriate.

If you do not say something the committee will go forward, rightly or wrongly with what is happening - status quo.

I personally do not get to every Wakefield Park Raceway or to the Shelby Fest events as a competitor. I have managed once or twice to call up and check the events out. Todd and I competed one year in the wet and still had a good time.

Perhaps we need to look at the number of people who attend the Shelby Fest from Victoria and the cost to the club. Then assess the interest in other events that the club members may want to attend.

The Fest is a well run event but there does not seem to be the support from the club in either participation as a competitor or in a volunteer capacity.

This could be the starting point of discussion - what events do you want the club to run.

Perhaps our sponsors of the Fest may getter better bang for their buck by attending a couple of displays or runs where they can talk with potential customers in a relaxed atmosphere? This could be in addition to the Fest.

Why not do a display in a carpark or similiar location. I can remember doing one ages ago in Caulfield or similiar. From memory it was well attended by owners and families.

We could link in with a school fete or similiar and then support them. Additionally advertise our attendance there in the Sun Herald newspaper, magazine events section etc. This would bring the Cobra enthusiast out and the potential buyer.

As a sponsor these would be the people I would want to see. I do not want to go to race events and talk with guys who already have a Cobra if I'm a sponsor selling cars or services. Most participants have their Cobra. Not bad for my business to be seen but no real bang for my buck...

Perhaps a few cruises down to Geelong, Lorne etc. I know a few of us have done these in our own time without the club committee knowing.

I think there is a real danger in claiming events such as Picnic at Hanging Rock or The All Ford Day as club events. These are organised by the Mount Macedon District club and the Kiwanis Mens Club. These are events that we just hear about and attend.

My attendance at these two events have seen me park with other Cobras, but there was no real organising of club cruises to the events etc. It has always been the lets meet here or there and travel up - a bit unorganised. Sure we reserve a site. However we park and wander off.

Maybe we should be more organised as a club for these events. Booking space for sponsors as well. Have someone drive up with a ute or trailer with chairs tables etc. Set up a real club site. Meet and greet potential builders and others.

Mmm just a thought. Perhaps some members will have ideas to present at the next meeting.

Please no knives or guns..

Last edited by BMK; 01-23-2007 at 03:48 AM..
Old 01-22-2007, 11:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Excellent thoughts Bernie.

I believe that the monthly breakfast held by the Queensland club is one of the factors that drives not only the growth, but also the comradery (sp) of the club.

It is only one day a month ( first sunday of every month) so it is not a major committment. But importantly, it does allow the members to get an up to date idea of what the club is doing as our president gives a short explanation of all activities/plans of the club while we are eating. ( we don't care if he has brekky or not )

This breakfast is usually followed by a cruise for those interested but it is usually not the only cruise planned for the month. Often there is at least one other planned cruise to some exotic location during the month as well as activities for the racer types.

The brekky venue is attractive for potential cobra owners to visit as it is at a resort location and tends to form the functions of a car show. Even if the wife of a future cobra builder is bored with car chat she can wander off and look at fashion shops etc. to keep herself interested.

These potential cobra owners can come along and privately view the dozens of cobras/GT40/etc lining the avenue at their leisure, or introduce themselves and they will, no doubt, be given a guided tour of the various makes etc., and be introduced to a couple of the kit suppliers who are invariably there.

Have a look at the pics in a recent thread titled " Sanctuary Cove goes from strenght to strength" and look at the crowd of folks. It could be considered a car show in itself.

We have, over the years, been visited by many southern enthusiasts who came along
during an annual holiday and have found their cobra dreams turn to a passion by their visit. Many have voiced how they wish a similar event was held in their state.

Just something to consider.

Last edited by Rebel1; 01-23-2007 at 05:20 AM..
Old 01-23-2007, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rebel1

Mmmm, yes I think there needs to be some discussion as I'm sure there are a few other people who may feel their not enjoying the club or the events that are offered.

To be honest, I don't get to many meetings - the last six months have been busy with renovations at work etc etc. So I'm really saying that I have personally made little or no contribution to the Club.

I believe it's healthy to challenge and ask questions. I do think that to hit the button and put a new 'Thread' on here was a little premature in the process or airing a grievance.

I'm sure the "thread' was the first the committee would have known of any issues.

I do think that it is possible that more members will either follow of just not renew membership if this is not discussed at length with the committee at trhe next meeting.

Each member owes it to the committee to talk to them or give some direction prior to just leaving and/or starting this 'Thread'. This 'Thread' could have been item #1 at the next meeting.

Then if the committee or members decided to go in another direction then you either go that way or leave. Membership is certainly not compulsory.

Hope to be at the next meeting..
Old 01-23-2007, 04:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, 4 wheels, two doors
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Knight
The Fest is a well run event but there does not seem to be the support from the club in either participation as a competitor or in a volunteer capacity.

This could be the starting point of discussion - what events do you want the club to run.

Perhaps our sponsors of the Fest may getter better bang for their buck by attending a couple of displays or runs where they can talk with potential customers in a relaxed atmosphere? This could be in addition to the Fest.

Please no knives or guns..
Hmmm, finally a post that's not full of red herrings trying to tear a person down by attacking their credibility.

I went along to the Fest last year. Great event, no doubt about that. Can't wait to get my machine out on a track. Everyone was having a ball and there was plenty of track time for everyone. There were plenty other cobras who just came up for a look. Not everyone wanted to go racing, maybe next year.

There was (I think from memory) a pretty wild Mustang, a couple of GT40's, half a dozen raiders from the north and us Mexicans. All up 35 competitors according to Jason M (Shelby Fest 07 - lets talk classes thread), maybe 25 were Vic Cobra members. 25 Vic members, I guess Bernie is right - not enough support.

This got me thinking about the CCCV financials presented a few months ago. I'm an accountant - that's what I do all day long So I got my copy and had a look.

The Fest made a loss in 2006 of $4090.

Ok, so it's a young event that will hopefully grow and prosper.

But...

again, according to the audited financial reports presented to the members,

it cost the club $16,958 to put on the event.

Each competitor paid $160 (from memory) to participate

$160 x 35 competitors = $5,600

The financials stated they received $12,868 in deposits so $7,268 must have come from sponsors. That's a lot from sponsors! Are sponsors getting bang for their bucks as Bernie asks?

It was explained during the presentation of the accounts that the main reason why the Fest made a loss of $4,000 was that Roaring Forties (a joint main sponsor) went into liquidation and didn't pay. Fair enough.

But about 25 CCCV members were subsidised about $163 dollars each to participate! The other 10 non CCCV were guests - it's not their fault they were subsidised.

Also the club's bank account has fallen from $9,299 at 30/06/05 to $3,936 at 30/06/06. If Shelby Fest makes another significant loss it could put the club in serious financial stress.

To be fair, in 2005 the Fest did make a profit of $948 but the costs were $4,162 less compared to 2006. $12,795 in payments for 2005 compared to $16,958 in 2006.

In summary 25 CCCV members enjoyed a weekend at the track that made the club's bank account fall by almost half it's balance. Or, to put it another way, about 75 CCCV members who didn't participate subsidised the 25 who did.

Finally, for all of you who may ask, "Why didn't you offer to help?" well I did. Unfortunately the president of CCCV was not prepared to answer my questions regarding all this as the committee said, as I wasn't a paid up member, they'll not going to answer them. Well there lies my conundrum.

edited for typo

Last edited by NASSTY; 01-23-2007 at 04:24 AM..
Old 01-23-2007, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASSTY
The Fest made a loss in 2006 of $4090.

Ok, so it's a young event that will hopefully grow and prosper.

But...

again, according to the audited financial reports presented to the members,

it cost the club $16,958 to put on the event.

Each competitor paid $160 (from memory) to participate

$160 x 35 competitors = $5,600

The financials stated they received $12,868 in deposits so $7,268 must have come from sponsors. That's a lot from sponsors! Are sponsors getting bang for their bucks as Bernie asks?

It was explained during the presentation of the accounts that the main reason why the Fest made a loss of $4,000 was that Roaring Forties (a joint main sponsor) went into liquidation and didn't pay. Fair enough.

But about 25 CCCV members were subsidised about $163 dollars each to participate! The other 10 non CCCV were guests - it's not their fault they were subsidised.

Also the club's bank account has fallen from $9,299 at 30/06/05 to $3,936 at 30/06/06. If Shelby Fest makes another significant loss it could put the club in serious financial stress.

To be fair, in 2005 the Fest did make a profit of $948 but the costs were $4,162 less compared to 2006. $12,795 in payments for 2005 compared to $16,958 in 2006.

In summary 25 CCCV members enjoyed a weekend at the track that made the club's bank account fall by almost half it's balance. Or, to put it another way, about 75 CCCV members who didn't participate subsidised the 25 who did.

Finally, for all of you who may ask, "Why didn't you offer to help?" well I did. Unfortunately the president of CCCV was not prepared to answer my questions regarding all this as the committee said, as I wasn't a paid up member, they'll not going to answer them. Well there lies my conundrum.

When I started this event back in 2005. It was always intended to be a non profit event that kept pricing to a minimum for competitors. (job done).

Last year we spent a little more with the introduction of entertainment on the Saturday night. If r40s money came through we'd be very close to break even after 2006.

We have already budgeted for 2007 and with several changes we have made; the event will make a minimum of $3900.

So at the end of this year’s event we'll have:
A level bottom line.
Kept price for competitors down.
Our sponsors from last year are back again and very happy to contribute to a great event.

I don't want to air the club finances to much online, but please remember, we are a non-profit incorporation. If you look at the figures from 10 years ago till now you'll find the club has always been on top of its finances.

Quote:
If you're passionate about helping the club, become a paid up member!

once you are a member-
As duel organisers of the event Tony and I would welcome you aboard if you wish to help with the event. After you had sent your second email explaining why you wanted the clubs financial data, Tony and I had a chat and as I said welcomed the idea.
We have all the venues booked, most of the sponsorship sorted, 2 Meals done.
We still have trophies to sort, Friday night food, T-shirts to design and the event newsletter to put together (that’s a biggie).

We do welcome your input on this and appritiate your offer to help with the Shelby Fest. We'll have a chat at the next meeting.

Not sure what's happening at the next AGM but maybe we could pencil you in for a financial role. I'll be putting my hand up again to officially re-join the committee.

Last edited by REPTYL; 01-24-2007 at 03:08 AM..
Old 01-24-2007, 01:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPTYL
Total Sponsorship Money $7,700.00
Total Competition Fees $5,090.00
Total Meal Fees $1,410.00
T Shirt Sales $160.00

TOTAL FEES $14,360.00
Roaring 40 $-2000

Last year 14360 in 16100 out. Then we lost R40 $2000

When I started this event back in 2005. It was always intended to be a non profit event that kept pricing to a minimum for competitors. (job done).

Last year we spent a little more with the introduction of entertainment on the Saturday night. If r40s money came through we'd be very close to break even after 2006.

We have already budgeted for 2007 and with several changes we have made; the event will make a minimum of $3900.

So at the end of this year’s event we'll have:
A level bottom line.
Kept price for competitors down.
Our sponsors from last year are back again and very happy to contribute to a great event.

I don't want to air the club finances to much online, but please remember, we are a non-profit incorporation. If you look at the figures from 10 years ago till now you'll find the club has always been on top of its finances.

If you're passionate about helping the club, become a paid up member!

once you are a member-
As duel organisers of the event Tony and I would welcome you aboard if you wish to help with the event. After you had sent your second email explaining why you wanted the clubs financial data, Tony and I had a chat and as I said welcomed the idea.
We have all the venues booked, most of the sponsorship sorted, 2 Meals done.
We still have trophies to sort, Friday night food, T-shirts to design and the event newsletter to put together (that’s a biggie).

We do welcome your input on this and appritiate your offer to help with the Shelby Fest. We'll have a chat at the next meeting.

Not sure what's happening at the next AGM but maybe we could pencil you in for a financial role. I'll be putting my hand up again to officially re-join the committee.
Firstly, your figures. Where did you get them from?
All the figures I quoted were from the audited financial statements of CCCV for the year ended 30 June 06.

Let's do some varience analysis....

........................Audited Figures........Jason M Figures.....Varience
(Deposits, Fees)...($12,868)..............($12,360).......... ..($508) decrease
Payments.............$16,958................$16,10 0...............$858 decrease
Profit (Loss)..........($4,090)...............($3,740)... ...........$350 decrease of loss

So somehow an additional $508 of income appeared in the financial statements while there was $858 of additional payments.

Which set of figures are the correct ones? Are you saying that the audited financial reports need to be re-audited?

Even when you add back the lost income from Roaring 40s your loss decreases from ($3,740) to ($1,740), hardly coming close to breaking even IMO.

Quote:
Yes you have but it shouldn't be at the expense of non competing CCCV members. Not every CCCV member wants to risk damaging their pride and joy on a track. Perhaps they can't be bothered or simply don't want to. Either way, I don't think the club should be propping up an event that's not yet commercially viable in it's current format. The Nats started out in West Wylong at an air strip as you would know and has grown into what it has become. I think the event needs to learn how to walk before it runs. If the event continues to be subsidised by the whole club for the benefit of a minority within the club, then division will follow.

Quote:
Last year we spent a little more with the introduction of entertainment on the Saturday night.
Payments have increased by over $4,000 from 2005 to 2006. Are you saying that the majority of this amount was due to entertainment on the Saturday night?

Quote:
Really? How many competitors do you need to make $3,900? How many do you need just to break even?

I've seen the flyer for this years Fest and it appears that the Fest is offering a very similar format to that of the Nationals. However, the Nats fees are (from memory) about $250 compared to $160 for the 2006 Fest. This year the 2007 Fest is $170. Great value if you're a competitor, perhaps not so good if you're not a competing CCCV member.

Why is it that one post on this forum achieved more than half a dozen emails between the committee and myself? At one stage I was told that I would need to submit a formal request to the committee who would then decide whether or not they would let the organisers of Fest answer my questions at the organisers' discreation. What? Is it not part of the role of the committee to answer any member's question? But I'm not a paid up member so they feel they don't have too. Is that showing goodwill? Is that being friendly?

Now some people might understand my conundrum. Why would I pay my membership when I have some genuine concerns about the finances of the club and a committee that seems determined to avoid addressing them?

Now it's come to my attention that a fully paid up member has asked for the same information as I did, a copy of the breakdown for Fest. The committee to date has not given it to him? What the?

Why not?

It has also come to my attention that a well respected member of CCCV has been issued with a first and final warning from the committee without even asking the said CCCV member to explain their alleged actions. No due process at all. This issue will be raised at the next meeting.

At the next meeting there will also be an allegation that the committee has discriminated against a member of CCCV on several occasions.

At the next meeting this thread will also be discussed.

The next meeting's agenda is shaping up to rival "The Bold and the Beautiful". Not to be missed.

Getting back to the origins of this Thread......

Some people are so predictable. Typical whisle blower tactics, discredit the blower and put them down so no one else will blow as well. I've watched this thread unfold and I have a very similar concern to Trevor Portelli's.

I spoke with REPTYL with serveral other people at Federation Square held recently. I told him that my wife does feel uncomfortable at club meetings and that the club is turning into a men's club. You responded by saying, "What's wrong with that?" You were not joking. However, eariler in this thread you have been proclaiming how family friendly the club is.

I know of a significant number of people who feel the same, so much so that it prevents them from becoming a member of CCCV.

I would encourage all CCCV members and those considering becomming CCCV members to attend next months meeting. It's your club an you all need to have your say. If these issues aren't resolved then I'm tipping that there will be a split. That must be avoided

Now I've had my 2 cents worth......
Old 01-24-2007, 02:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

Wow!!!!!

Now that is accounting

I'm glad I'm in construction
Old 01-24-2007, 03:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As someone new to the Cobra replica game and hoping to start building one this year, I'm looking forward to the Feb meeting. I'll probably bring my girlfriend so I hope it's not too blokey! (as mentioned above) I look forward to putting names to faces... see you there!

Paul
Old 01-24-2007, 03:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

First your figures are right. I didn't have the Audited figures in front of me.
And I was in a hurry to get to work. (just as now I'm in a hurry to get to bed)
I'm not going in to detail on the Shelby Fest but if you speak to me outside of this forum, I will explain how we have been able to budget a profit regardless of 10 competitors or 100 competitors.
The paid up members of this club are not subsidising any of this event.
The Christmas party on the other hand was subsidised. Do we need to re-emberse those members that didn't attend?

If anyone in the club has a problem with the Shelby Fest please come and speak to me personally. Tony and I spend over a hundred hours each a year on this event. I had over 20 emails from happy contestant last year and heaps of people on that weekend congratulation both Tony and I on a great event.
First year I had 2 complaints about trophy classes that we rectified. Besides that no other complaints.

I've only just now put a name to the face, and realise that you were one of the 3 people making a very public noise at the Fed square outing. You really should get all or facts straight before tying to bring the club down.

Tony has been very strong willed not to jump in to this crap.
So I'm taking a page from his book. This is my last say on this post.

Please anyone reading this.
Talk to Tony or myself to get the real facts on the clubs workings.
Not a non paid up trouble maker (IHO).
Old 01-24-2007, 04:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
The paid up members of this club are not subsidising any of this event.
The Christmas party on the other hand was subsidised. Do we need to re-emberse those members that didn't attend?
Ok, we'll put that on the agenda too!

Quote:
I've only just now put a name to the face, and realise that you were one of the 3 people making a very public noise at the Fed square outing. You really should get all or facts straight before tying to bring the club down.
You forgot to mention that there were four people making noises at Fed Square, myself, two others and yourself. You stepped in and fuelled the flames after the president walked away IMO.

Quote:
Tony has been very strong willed not to jump in to this crap.
So I'm taking a page from his book. This is my last say on this post.
You have repeatedly refused to answer my genuine questions. You refused to answer questions posted by THE MISSUS. Instead you have repeatedly attempted to discredit anyone who has a different opinion to yourself. I think you have shown some of your true colours.

Quote:
Please anyone reading this.
Talk to Tony or myself to get the real facts on the clubs workings.
Not a non paid up trouble maker (IHO).
Everyone will have an opportunity to talk to you at the next meeting, in public and on the record.

Last edited by NASSTY; 01-24-2007 at 04:42 AM..
Old 01-24-2007, 04:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll bring my riot gear.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Everyone will have an opportunity to talk to you at the next meeting, in public and on the record.

As mentioned, deal with it at the next meeting. This isn't going anywhere here. Closing the thread.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: