Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-19-2007, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default High ambitions.

HI Greg
Your crash at the nationals has always stuck in my mind, and is probably part of the reason why I am pursuing the cage.

Reguardless of specs and approvals, the main reason is to stay safe, probably not so much on the drag strip but with other events we enter.

I remember your cage and what we have worked out is very similar.

A high 10 pass is a goal, it will depend on how bad I want it. I know that this would be a big ask but thats part of the excitement to try and get there. The car will need to go on a weight loss programe, there is about 80kgs of sound system and I always run with a fulll tank of fuel.

The diff ratio is not perfect, I just change into 4th as I cross the line.

The car is tuned for the street and a change of cam would see it better suited to the drag strip.

The Andra people are very interesting to say the least, the instruction I gave them was that the car runs 11s however I want to do a 10.99. They did not have a concern about the cage being welded in. Perhaps if I wanted to run 10.99 every day it may be an issue.

Greg, what is your best ET, I know you are looking or are in the 9s.

Drag racing is lots of fun, and with WSID 20 mins away I am sure I will be there often.

Phil
Old 01-20-2007, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CLASSIC GLASS CARS
Not Ranked     

G'day Phil
Best Et Todate Is 10.04 At 131 Mph, But Have Run 138mph.
It's Very Hard To Be Consistant When The Car Breaks Something At Nearly Every Meeting. It Is Nearly Three Years Since It Has Been At A Drag Strip. I Have Not Raced It With The Jerico And Four Link But Can't Wait. The Car Is Just Waiting For The Trim To Be Finished Then I Will Get It Out There And Start Sorting The Bugs Out, There Are Bound To Be A Few. The Car Can Be Driven Without The Body As The Footwells And Firewall Along With Rear Of Seats And Removable Tunel Are All Steal.
The Car Has Gone Through Some Cosmetic Changes Along With Complete Rewiring, New Body, Wheels,windsceen Including Frame As I Was Unable To Get Replacement Glass In Aust.
The Rebuild Process Has Taken A Lot Longer And More Cash Than Originally Planed, Always Waiting On People And Getting Very Tired Of Excuses. Been Waiting On Trimmer For 3 Months.
Will Probably Have To Come To Sydney To Drag Race As Adelaides Track Owned By Bob Jane Has Not Opperated For Two Years.
One Thing You Will Find As You Search For 10 Sec Passes Is The Drive Train Never Seams To Hold Up In One Way Or Another.
As Soon As I Put Drag Slicks On Every Thing Started To Break,
Very Frustrating.
Stay Safe
Greg
Old 01-20-2007, 10:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default On the road again.

HI Greg,
Good to hear she is almost back together. Waiting for work to get done is frustrating.
I had a guy once say to me, " if I tell you a day that really means a week. If I tell you a week that really means a month. If I tell you a few months that means you are never getting it back!!!!!!"

Your car is quick, with the changes a 9 sec pass should not be far away.

The reason I dont "hard launch" is so I do not break anything, but that will change.

I am hoping that a few of the NSW boys and gals would join in, the last time we went there was a group of corvettes having a go. I must say there is a bit of a buzz arround and hope that will see more cobras have a run. You can be as hard or soft as you like.

How about a nationals at Eastern creek, Sprints at Eastern creek, motorkana at the skid pan, drags at WSID?

Now I know I will get in trouble for that!

Phil
Old 03-06-2007, 02:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Almost there.

Work began today on the roll cage.

Will hopefully post some pics in a few days.

Phil

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: