Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-24-2007, 01:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default One Size Fits All?????

There seams to be a very clear line that separates the expectations of members of our local Cobra clubs.

There are members Like Bernie ( hope you dont mind) that prefer the run or social event and there are members like myself that enjoy the sporting events.

I think there will always be that difference. Maybe that is responsible for some of the tensions that exist in our clubs at present.

Maybe it is time for a split or a creation of a new national club.

I suggest we form a new club "National Cobra Sporting club" that the racers amoung us form to satisfy the sporting needs of our Cobra ownership.

I ask if anyone would support this? Would it solve some of the problems? Could it even strenghten our clubs?

Then perhaps the Nationals and Shelby fest can be run by this Sporting Club.

Just a suggestion.

Phil
Old 01-24-2007, 03:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

Sorry Phil - Absolutely not!

If QLD can maintain the status quo on such matters and thrive as a result then speak to Mr Boylan and find out what is the secret.

Internal Club problems need to be sorted out internally, not here as we are only a side show airing our comments.

I don't think Tony C has commented on the "other" thread and I applaud him that he has not. Hopefully he has discussed and acted upon the alleged comments on a one on one basis.

We can all go off and form our own Clubs as we wish, but remember - running such organisations is no easy task.

Hat's off for all giving their own time for the passion of so many!!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 03:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Good Idea

PCC, Don't be sorry.

It would be good to hear how QLD accomodates the sporting and social aspect of the club.

Please correct me if I have this wrong, The sporting events that QLD are involved in are not subsidised or "run" by the club but are events that groups of the club attend.

This is similar to our club where a few are members of sporting clubs and we attend events that are not part of the Cobra calender.

To clarify my suggestion, it would be good to do this as a group and perhaps create more opportunities to race other cobras.

I never suggest that I can do this and I have always shown my gratitude for the few that spend the time running the clubs.

I am just concerned that if this continues we may end up with nothing.

It is only a suggestion.

Phil

Last edited by Philm; 01-24-2007 at 03:32 AM..
Old 01-24-2007, 03:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

I'm a one club man.
Paid up and very passionate
Cobra Car Club of Victoria.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philm
Please correct me if I have this wrong, The sporting events that QLD are involved in are not subsidised or "run" by the club but are events that groups of the club attend. Phil
Phil, we do a bit of both.

You might note however that CCCQ has hired Morgan Park on the 11th Febuary for a day of door to door stuff for the racers. Cost of $3000.00.

Given that little racer support was forthcoming, it has now been turned into a test and tune day. We need 30 cars at $100.00 each to draw even.

I agree with Pete. All clubs have fractional groups and it takes some very talented folks to keep everyone happy.

I've commented on the success of the CCCQ many times but something that came up in another thread stuck in my mind.

The girls.....

The ladies of our club, that is the partners of our members, are just a bunch of the maddest, most supportive, the most....well you get the picture.

I'm sure that there are ladies in our club who insist their husbands get outta bed early on brekky day just because they secretly want to catch up with all the other girls. Look at the pics wazza sends for snakebite, most are of the ladies.

I'm currently re-reading the September/October 06 snaketales and apart from a couple of pics of sneaky John White the rest are of our girls.

Ain't that great

Last edited by Rebel1; 01-24-2007 at 04:06 AM..
Old 01-24-2007, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Its all for the ladies.

Maybe "club" was a bad choice of words.

You probably have the Test and Tune day on your website, but I did know untill you mentioned it. I would have concidered coming along but that week end is the first round of our Sporting club competition. I have actually mentioned to Warren about coming up for such an event. I have a new trailer for that exact reason.

This is the stuff I am talking about, getting involved in other states activities and perhaps ease the fiscal risk any local club may face organising such a day.

You would probably have the numbers easily with the support you have in QLD.

As I am the partener of Queen Cobra 2006 , I am one lucky fella.

Karen is more passionate about cars and competing than I am.

I never want to loose the social aspect of our club, we enjoy it too much. Some of our best friends are club members. I just want to do more on the sporting side.

Phil

Last edited by Philm; 01-24-2007 at 04:46 AM..
Old 01-24-2007, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just read the thread about the 11th.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philm
I would have concidered coming along but that week end is the first round of our Sporting club competition. Phil
Yeah right Uncle Phil, what you really mean is that it's a blu$$y long way to come to get ya butt kicked.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1
Yeah right Uncle Phil, what you really mean is that it's a blu$$y long way to come to get ya butt kicked.
Bugga, I was hoping the challenge was enuff to make ya come up and enjoy the Queensland hospitality.

Would like to see how that thing of yours gets around a track.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Clubs can be such political animals at times!

I'm glad the moderators finally stepped in on that "other thread", but about 5 pages too late in my book.

However on this idea of race versus social I reckon we must stick with one club but we could create two divisions within the club - not to divise the members of course - but to have a group organising race type events and another to manage social events.

I think it would be worthwhile talking to the more sporting type clubs to figure out how they cater for their racer and social sets.

I for one would be interested in both, once my car is registered of course, as I am building with both aspects in mind. But I know I will compromise my racing capabilities by building a road going car but then how many of us drive race capable beasts on the road regularly? Not too many I am sure.

Naturally I will become active on the committee ONCE I have got my car registered cause I need all the time I've got now to finish it before year's end.

Anyway folks lets remember we are here to enjoy these toys and let's not bicker over mundane crap its just not enjoyable.

Cheers
Old 01-25-2007, 01:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCC
Sorry Phil - Absolutely not!

If QLD can maintain the status quo on such matters and thrive as a result then speak to Mr Boylan and find out what is the secret.
Therein lay the best advice available
Old 02-02-2007, 03:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Philm,
Nice thought but too many "branches" make a club weak. Driving is what it's all about. My 27 year old 200B could still scare me at times ( 130kph into a big sweeper with no more power and sliding....is FUN ) I, myself would like to see more encouragement applied to the new builders in the club. They are the future. As for racing, those that want to & can afford to. Will. Seek them and hang !
Old 02-02-2007, 05:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Not so good an idea.

Sometimes looking at what the alternatives could be, makes you appreciate what you have.

I will always support our Cobra club, but unfortunately had to look elsewhere for the sporting opportunities, maybe there is nothing wrong with that.

Phil
Old 02-02-2007, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oi Uncle Phil, we really don't mind if you come up here to get your track jollies.

We have a tourist industry to support and every little bit helps.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: