Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2006, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down Cobra Car Club of Victoria

To the Cobra Club of Victoria,

I, Trevor Portelli, have been a paying member of the Cobra Car Club of Victoria for the last three years. I wish to raise my concern about, changes within the Club. I have had my kit for 11 years. A lot of hard work has been put into building my cobra. When building a car like this the whole family gets involved, so you look forward to cruising to a lot of events with the club for social gathering and to share ideas.

We did have a couple of runs within the club about 2 years ago, but now the club is only concerned about 2 events in the year. The committee spends their time and our money talking about racing at Winton/Wakefield , instead of organizing 2 or 3 cruises for other paying members.

We have about 100 members on the books, of which only about 60 are paid up. About 10 members seem to run the club the way they want. This year the fees jumped up to $80-00 so I called Tony Cram, the club president, to let him know how I felt about the way the club is organised. I told Tony that our news letter was about 2 months behind. His reply was to check on line. I said l didn't have the internet. I was also told to come to meetings. However, for me and others, its too far away. Also, at the new meeting place you can't see your car from inside and I wouldn't get home till midnight.

I then suggested about more family runs as they like to get involved & his reply was to join another club if l want my family involved. If that is his attitude toward a paying member the same attitude also goes to 60 other paying members that I will not name.

Just to let you all know I have taken Tony Cram’s advice and joined another club. In two months we have been on 4 runs. We pay $45-00 a year. There are about 40 members and we have club shirts, sponsors, club banner and club BBQ. Families are encouraged to be involved. Best of all it’s a very friendly club where people make and effort to get to know one another. The same cannot be said for the Cobra Car Club of Victoria. I have seen too much dim-witted behavior from a clique within the cobra club.

The Cobra Car Club of Victoria should listen to members input before they don't have any members left. However, even if you have your say, you are told politely to get lost.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 Side-Oiler
Not Ranked     

The purpose of a club is to exclude others.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Trevor Portelli

Trevor,

Let me respond to your ONLY post in 11 years.

Firstly Tony would never say join another club, he is the most accomodating
person in the club.
We had a chat a Month or so ago about your concerns and I mentioned that you are most welcome to organise a Family Day/BBQ/Family Event and I am sure people would attend. BUT as yet I or Terry have not received anything from you. IT IS VERY EASY TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THINGS AND NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, JUST LIKE YOU ARE DOING NOW.The Club is small and we always listen to the members.Unfortunately things dont/cannot change in the time frame some people would like. The committee all have full time jobs
and volunteer their time to the club.Like the Monthly Magazine the editor has a full time job and sometimes it is late.Maybe if you had have contributed to the magazine in your 3 years as a member instead of airing your views on the forum you might have enjoyed your time a little more.

STIFFY
Old 12-20-2006, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

This is very very sad and in direct contrast to the club in Queensland.

We have a club run by a bunch of the most amazing office bearers you could imagine.

The activities organized by our committee are designed to satisfy the needs of anyone. I can't ever imagine a similar complaint being laid against the Queensland club.

Keep in mind that members do have the final say....come AGM time...you can vote off whoever you don't like. Just keep your fingers crossed that others feel the same as you.

Cheers and best of luck in your endeavors. Seems you're gonna need it.

Last edited by Rebel1; 12-20-2006 at 06:52 PM..
Old 12-20-2006, 05:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Cobra, Ford 2001 4.6l Quad Cam Stroked to 5.2l (ported heads, reground cams from SHM + a Kenne Bell 2.8 Charger + Intercooler) Autronic SM4 Ecu, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Trigo 8 & 10 x 15 Halibrand Knock Offs, Goodyear Eagle Tyres
Not Ranked     

Queensland has a great Cobra Car Club. Maybe a move to the Gold Coast will help!
Old 12-20-2006, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default Now where is the Moderator!

Trevor.

I found you post be be extremely distastefull. I am not questioning your concerns they may be valid, I have expressed my own concerns with in my club.

I have Found Tony to be a good bloke, I am disgusted that you would attack him as you have, remember that his time and efforts are at no charge, while juggling a full time job a family.

It sounds like you should look at yourself, too far to drive, costs a few dollars more etc etc, dont winge get in and organise runs yourself, or is that to hard for you!!!!!!

"I said l didn't have the internet." Well you found a way to do this on the internet!!!

This should have been handled within your club.

Jamo, put a stop to this and ban this crap. If a crook has rights then Tony has rights as well, and for my $0.02 he doesn't deserve this.

Phil

Last edited by Philm; 12-20-2006 at 06:00 PM..
Old 12-20-2006, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RC_Sports Car Replica. Dodge Viper Blue, Candy apple Red stripes 408_Cleveland, 2v heads, twin Gas Research throttle bodies, Full manual stage 3 C10 auto, Jag 3.07 rear.
Not Ranked     

Why weren’t you at the Christmas party, economy run, Melbourne Cup cruse, one of the 8 Sunday Breakfasts, Hanging rock, Alpine road weekend, car rally, Fed square, I’ve had the family to most of these events this year.
The club has grown from 20 paid up members in 1999 to 100 in 2005 and 83 this year (not 60). The growth has not happened because of poor club organisation. It's because we enjoy our common interests together.

Last edited by REPTYL; 01-08-2007 at 07:19 PM..
Old 12-20-2006, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some Backyardy ****box
Not Ranked     
Default Cant Please Everyone

Trevor

You seem like nothing pleases you???

I know Tony, and as everyone else has said you will not meet a nicer bloke.

You are entitled to your opinions BUT the way you have gone about it is JUST WRONG.

Maybe it is best that you have joined another club because your attitude just STINKS!

And by the way I am not a member of the Victorian Club but I am a member of another state Cobra Club.

Pull your head out your !R&E
Old 12-20-2006, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Trevor, I can put you in touch with a terrific supplier down your way if you like - you 2 would get on famously......
Old 12-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPTYL
MODERATOR PLEASE REMOVE THIS THREAD
AND THE USER FROM CLUB COBRA!!!!!!!
...not really necessary right now.

I hate to see discord in any club...but, the thread should stay open to allow the counterpoint responses that are appearing.

PM me if you feel the dialog is out of hand.

ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 12-20-2006, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi all,

Obviously this is only my second post and I am fairly new to this forum. Enough remarks about how frequently people do or don’t post. I have been reading threads from this forum for over three years.

Clearly something has happened to p!ss Trevor off! If he has gone to the trouble of finding a way on to the internet to raise some issues about the Victorian cobra club, then he must have been disturbed by something or someone. The issues he raises can’t be totally unfounded.

All of you others who are jumping on board in defence of one individual should perhaps take another read of Trevor’s post. Trevor has not does not undertake any name-calling and his remarks would appear to address facts.

COBRABILL
You are an American, from Arizona.

STIFFY
Why should a paying member be obliged to organize their own events? People pay a membership for a reason – the club has a committee and committees (should) organize events for the benefit of all the members!

Members’ suggestions and comments about how the club is run should be taken on board by the committee and not shut down. When a club member resorts to public methods to try and get a point across to the club it would seem to be a pretty sad state of affairs.

If the committee feels that they cannot commit enough of their volunteered time adequately to aid the continuous improvement of the club, then perhaps they should reconsider their positions and make way for people who can make the time and put in the effort.

REBEL1 & BLAIR
I agree!
The Qld club is superb! As a visitor to a Qld club breakfast a couple of years ago I was made to feel extremely welcome! I had a couple of rides in Qld members cars and chatted with just about everyone there!
On the flip-side of this, the few times that I have turned up to a Victorian Club meetings in the past 2 years, not one member of the committee approached me to even find out who I was, let alone to find out what my build is or to encourage me to join the club!!

PHILM
Who needs the moderator now?? Trevor has not made any personal remarks, nor has he attacked Tony. Please read the thread carefully before you yourself fall victim to your own accusations!

Too far to drive, too much money – these are genuine concerns for some people. Not everyone is a cheque-book builder! People need to spare cash.

Trevor has stated that he did try to address this within the club. Obviously he felt that his concerns were not taken seriously and as a result has taken action in a more public forum. Good on him.

Phil – “if a crook has rights” ??? Are you now the one name calling and attacking??

Where is Jamo now??

REPTYL
“Christmas party, economy run, Melbourne Cup cruse, one of the 8 Sunday Breakfasts, Hanging rock, car rally, Fed square”

Perhaps the rot had started well before these events took place! Indeed, what were the attendance numbers of paid up Victorian members at each of these events? I wonder…

As the kms to get to meetings and parking cars, I re-iterate – not all cobra owners are cheque-book builders!!! Some of us need every cent we can spare – including the petrol money it might cost to get to regular meetings. Why have monthly meetings anyway? Wouldn’t it be far better to go on a drive somewhere instead?

So Trevor was right, the club membership numbers have dropped. I wonder wonder why…

You are also guilty of name calling; “wanker”. tsk tsk tsk. Guilty as others have been wrongly accused! I like to call this “hypocracy”.

JAMO????

CHROME
You are also entitled to your own opinions, but as you are a member of another state club I wonder how well you know (or are prepared to listen to) both sides of the story?

STORM427
I loved your reference to seagulls in a previous post!!
It would seem a few have joined us here today!

It appears as though there are some fairly grown men behaving very much like 15 year-old schoolgirls. Please - grow up! Stop being so elitest, cliquey and childish. Get on with the business of enjoying your cobras.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Jamo's been watching. Ron is watching. We're both watching.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo
Jamo's been watching. Ron is watching. We're both watching.
Oi Jamo...we have a name for folks who indulge in this type of activity.

I think It's illegal. Do ya know a good Lawyer?

Better yet....If ya get any good pics send em to me.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

LMFAO

So ya figured out Computerstalker and me, eh?
Old 12-20-2006, 08:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm not saying nuffin Jamo....

I prefer the direct personal approach

If the missus who posted previous did visit with us Queenslanders then she may have had the misfortune of me trying to convince her that her husband was not good enough for her.

Works sometimes too
Old 12-20-2006, 09:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB 2000 - FORD Powered 302EFI
Not Ranked     

And where is the Christmas Spirit amongst you all - obviously still wrapped in the box

I've been on this Site for a number of years and have enjoyed dialogue with all (including Reptyl ). How is it that "we" Auzzies have slumped to slanging others on what has been and I hope will continue to be a forum of entertainment and invaluable help.

Outsiders looking in will find entertainment value for the wrong reason!

Oh and I think Tony C is a fine upstanding human being - Anyone who can find time to be a club committee member is worth their salt.

Shame on you. Shame on me as I'm about to crack a VB
Old 12-20-2006, 09:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCC
Shame on you. Shame on me as I'm about to crack a VB
Agree totally with your comment Uncle Pete...well said.

With regard to your above comment...so you should be ashamed....drinking VB!!
I don't know how they get the cats to sit on those VB stubbies.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB Cobra, Ford 2001 4.6l Quad Cam Stroked to 5.2l (ported heads, reground cams from SHM + a Kenne Bell 2.8 Charger + Intercooler) Autronic SM4 Ecu, Autometer Cobalt Gauges, Trigo 8 & 10 x 15 Halibrand Knock Offs, Goodyear Eagle Tyres
Not Ranked     

Oi I reckon we all just ATTACK Jamo!

Jamo is to blame 4 everything!
Old 12-20-2006, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some Backyardy ****box
Not Ranked     

The Misses

In response to your comments Trevor did attack Tony as he didnt name any other members. This should have been done internally within the Club. He should have just left it as a bag toward the Vic club and not mention any names. I can appreciate "Clubs" have cliquey groups and that some times it seems no one is listening, but as he has already joined another group he should have just left it at that. He now comes across as very bitter and twisted..

Sometimes petty excuses like "the cost of fuel" are used only to discuise the real problem.

The "Cheque Book Cobra" remark is not fair to anyone!

We should all get off the forum and go for a drive to cool down.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Or take a bex and have a nice lie down...

Do Pommies drink VB? I suppose ANYTHING to numb the pain right now
Closed Thread