Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 02:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #69, HSV LS2, T56, Custom rear suspension
Not Ranked     

Hi,

When I imported my wheels from the States DB Schenker provided documents in Word format from the Australian Customs website.

Bob at Vintage Wheels just completed the paperwork stating that the wheels were of US origin sent the docs with the wheels, strangely enough he said he'd never been asked to do that before.

Would upload the docs but this site doesn't allow it. PM if you'd like a copy.

Cheers
Old 04-17-2010, 03:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace Alumina 427 #69
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Is it me or have the 'handling' charges risen ?
Yeah Summit now charge a $25 handling fee on international orders. I just ordered another $600 worth from them yesterday.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanycobra View Post
Yeah Summit now charge a $25 handling fee on international orders. I just ordered another $600 worth from them yesterday.
Thanks,... I'm not going nuts as fast as I thought.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

We can help with TKO transmissions, Quick Time bell housings, clutch and poressure plates and we have done a few engines as well. We ship all over the world and can help with everything you might need. We can work with you on the paper work as well. I feel that when everything is said and done we can save you money on all fronts.

Thanks, Keith Craft
Old 04-17-2010, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile Tko-600

Hi Hogster,
I am an Elite Distributor for Tremec and stock all Tremec models and have everything needed to install into your project. I developed many external hydraulic slave/fork kits that are very reliable and easy to install.
I export all the time and can ship very quickly at discount air freight rates. I also ship small items (up to 70 lbs.) US Mail (USPS) so save money too.
If you want a quote, please email me at the address below.
I am also available nites & weekends for tech support either by email or my cell phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogster View Post
I am after some experience based advice please.

Have just had a bit of a win and I'm ready to a buy gearbox, clutch, bell housing etc.
I want to buy a tko600, and the US price is way cheaper than in Oz.

Has anyone done a similar thing, and what did the gear cost landed here.

The build is always exciting in buying phase.

Thanks
Hogster
fortesparts.com
508 875 0016
In 1993 Mike made the first conversion of a Ford Tremec to GM 5-speed. It bolts to stock bellhousings w/out an adapter. The FE Tremec, the Mustang adjustable quadrant are originals from Mike.
One of 12 Tremec Elite Distributors worldwide for: T-5, T-56 Magnum & TKO-500 & TKO-600 ,Midshifter, Frt shifter, offset Vette shifter.
Est: 1981 selling performance parts to build your dream car...

Last edited by mikeforte; 04-17-2010 at 05:57 PM..
Old 04-18-2010, 07:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up I Second That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithc8 View Post
We can help with TKO transmissions, Quick Time bell housings, clutch and poressure plates and we have done a few engines as well. We ship all over the world and can help with everything you might need. We can work with you on the paper work as well. I feel that when everything is said and done we can save you money on all fronts.

Thanks, Keith Craft
I can verify this, my 347 is the beneficiary of half a pallet of goodies supplied by Keith Craft, they listened to what I wanted from an engine and helped me by identifing cost-effective component choices, then provided one of their own custom grind cams to suit* - and sent it all through with paper work that made everything as easy as possible.

Being super anal I had a spreadsheet of all the component costs and even after conversion, shipping and the significant bite from the customs handling fees were apportioned against each component I was still over $500 better off on the best local price for my heads.

LoBelly

* a note on the cam: this was a major mental challenge for me - leaving the cam selection in someone elses hands while knowing how vital it was for performance and the 'character' of the engine, at the same time being stretched by the cost of what I wanted - I needed it to be right first time.
When the parts arrived I went straight for the cam card - specs looked quite distinct from most of the commercial grinds you see for SBFs and I have been delighted with the performance of the engine.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

OK here's my experience with customs. I ordered a set of four QA1 shocks and matching springs from the States and submitted a declaration of "US Origin" for the goods (thanks Geoff).

When they arrived I got a call from the Fedex broker and he pointed out that the country of origin for the springs is actually China. No great loss there @ $150 in total. Probably made from Aussie steel anyway!

The shocks came to about $1250 AUD and I paid GST on that ($138) but no duty. There was $8.14 duty on the springs (5%) and another $20 GST. They charged $40.20 for "import dec N10 air charge (goods value > $1000)" and $15 for "AQIS - entry charges air".

All up $220.58 in fees on about $1400 worth of goods, of which $150 worth didn't escape duty.

I tried the "1965 AC Cobra" trick and was told it had been changed to 1962. Maybe they got sick of all the Cobra-philes?

Sambo
Old 04-22-2010, 02:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

QA1 springs are Chinese. I wonder whether the spring rates are true. Like King Springs they just copy the OEM dimensions and add a bit for raised springs and subtract a bit for lowered springs...real technical.