Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

I wanted something a little different, couldn't decide between burgendy or brg with wimbledon white stripes. I also decided to make the stripes a little wider than most.

Decided on the green & I love it.

Pics in my gallery.

It is a hard decision, you'll know the right one when it hits you.

Randy

"Living the Cobra Experience"
Old 02-15-2008, 02:23 PM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

YELLOW IS THE NEW TITANIUM.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB - 302, T5, VN Rear
Not Ranked     

If you're still interested in darker grey here is mine - finally to the paint shop after 5 years :-) . Colour is a mid sixties Jaguar gun metal grey as used on E types and probably others. The colour changes with the light from almost a silver in sunlight to very dark grey at night. Chrome parts look great.

Last edited by batdan; 02-15-2008 at 03:01 PM..
Old 02-16-2008, 01:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So Greg
22 replies, have you decided yet what the colour (color for the Americans) is going to be.
I am in the same boat, car now in the upholstery shop, what colour am I going to paint it?
Bruce
Old 02-16-2008, 01:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison supercharged
Send a message via MSN to hsv300 Send a message via Skype™ to hsv300
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by macloft View Post
So Greg
22 replies, have you decided yet what the colour (color for the Americans) is going to be.
I am in the same boat, car now in the upholstery shop, what colour am I going to paint it?
Bruce
Bruce only 2 pics in you gallery and car getting the upholstery done please give me a hint what colour is your upholstery, I am getting close let you all know next week Thanks for the replies
Old 02-16-2008, 03:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No pictures posted as I own a Sony Digital Camera (my wife brought duty free) and then find I need a special Sony docking station which costs a bloody fortune that I can only get from the Sony parts place by mail order (bastards) what happened to the simple connector to the computer.

Black leather everywhere, carbon fibre inserts printed on various bits plus some satin chrome pieces. So either Metallic Black with ghost stripes, Audi Dolphin Grey or BMW Stirling Silver with Black Stripes or something else
Bruce
Old 02-16-2008, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Real: Southern Roadcraft, SRV8, 351W stroker
Not Ranked     
Default colours

A Cobra at a car show last weekend caught my eye it looked like British racing green with gold stripes and tan interior looked great.
Cheers,
Bryan
VK3KDN

Old 02-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

No question...silver.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by macloft View Post
No pictures posted as I own a Sony Digital Camera (my wife brought duty free) and then find I need a special Sony docking station which costs a bloody fortune that I can only get from the Sony parts place by mail order (bastards) what happened to the simple connector to the computer.
Bruce, your camera most likely has a Sony memory stick that you can remove and put inside a $25 card reader which then goes into your computer's USB port. If you want to give me the model of the camera I can recommend a card reader for you.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 02-16-2008, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Colour

Do go Black!!

Can't keep it clean, its hot, shows every mark. When I do it again I think the traditional Blue and white is hard to beat.

steve
Old 02-16-2008, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates in-work again
Not Ranked     
Default Fred's Cobra

I saw a cobra in a paint shop. It looked like red and silver. Some of the replies said it was Fred's ERA cobra. I can't find the thread or the pic's. It is some-what, what I was looking at,,,, Wineberry with silver stripes. Can some one please point me in the right diection.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance (AUS 09 or SPF 2792) - LS7 427ci
Not Ranked     

I think the wisest advice given to you on this thread is for you to go with exactly what you want...I think having a Cobra is a very personal extravagance, so I reckon, do it your way!

In saying this, I also found the colour decision difficult...I had my heart set on a deep dark blue colour....you know that deep dark blue colour that almost looks black...I went to every car manufacturer and looked at their dark blue variations and whilst I found some lovely blue colours, I could not find one I liked without the metallic flake.

In the end, I went for a pure black colour and will have the silver sidepipes/polished alloy to contrast.

Here's a photo of my car that is still in transit from Superformance from South Africa and should be arriving late this/early next month.

Regards.....Paul
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2008, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates in-work again
Not Ranked     

I’m not trying to copy the color. I have a mid 1990’s Kit Car mag ( can't find it ) and it had a cobra that was candy wineberry with a silver stripes. That has always stood out in my mind as a good color that I would want to go with. Everybody has blue with white. The car I saw a few days ago is somewhat of what I was looking for. Just want to compare or even pull pic’s so when I go to pick the color I have something I can show the painter.
Thanks
Old 02-18-2008, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Greg, as Paul mentioned above, I've always just toured the new car yards and kept on eye out for vehicles driving on the street when choosing colours.

There are just so many great colours on new cars these days that in some ways it makes it all the more difficult when choosing colours.

And so many great colours posted in this thread.

I've always struggled with paint colours and never actually make a final decision till right before the paint is applied to the car.

Good luck with it.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Like Paul, I wanted a non-metallic colour that was dark and a 'straight' black is my final choice. A very individual choice in each case. The eye of the the beholder....

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: drb,5.4 ltr,jag f/r
Not Ranked     

totally agree with you craig, although a colour on a different car may look great but when applied to cobra may not be so very hard decision hopefully the colour i have got picked now i will stick with its about my 5th colour choice,and i thought the 3rd time was lucky ,so ive decided not to look at anymore colours til in paint shop,fingers crossed

darrell
Old 02-19-2008, 03:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

But Merv wouldnt the silver look so much better than "striaght" black which just gets dirty and hot real quickly.
Darrell dont get yourself in a rut you know you will regret it in a year and you have time still to change your mind remember 8 is the lucky number so pick 3 more colours and you will be right.
Choices choices now should I try moulding some carbon fibre spats to fit my black paint job or was that silver. I have driven my wife to the stage where the colour is now my choice alone and I still cant make my mind up.
The beauty of making your own Cobra.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Yes silver (or at least a dark silver/grey) was my other consideration. I decided on the full black bit - no side pipes, minimal chrome, black roll bars and vents and "old English" dark green leather seats, etc. I have had 5 open sports cars of different colours and they all get hot in QLD day weather and influence when you drive them and when you use a hood or tonneau. Black cars need lots of care in keeping them clean and they do mark more. Dark blues and greens have many of the same problems. I am just 'over' metallic colours at this stage.

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #77
Not Ranked     

mine just came out of spraybooth on sunday, Ford K6 Meteorite is the colour with ghost stripes. Colour is a little darker than I anticipated but very happy all the same.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2008, 03:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison #77
Not Ranked     

here is another photo in the spray booth under the fluro lights looks more silver.
Attached Images

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: