Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   The POOL ROOM (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/91647-pool-room.html)

Rob. Smith 05-17-2011 04:05 AM

You might know the answer to a long time mystery...I was too young to be able to have a look at it myself and never found out what the problem was.
My uncle owned a brand new VF auto and every now and then the thing would spin out !
I witnessed it once when we were coming back from somewhere and mum and dad were following the uncle and aunt. We were in traffic leaving a 35mph zone ...no acceleration because of the traffic and the Valiant did a perfect 180 without crossing the road centerline.
Dad even had time to pull up behind him off to the left. The road was dry. Have you heard of this happening in the VFs.....The uncle ended up getting another car.

boxhead 05-17-2011 07:12 AM

Sorry Rob, never heard of it happening.

Outwest34au 05-21-2011 06:36 PM

As a young weekend learner before my apprenticeship I fitted up a new twin exhaust system on a HJ station wagon GTS mock up for a guy, it was T bar auto so I wanted to stick shift it thru the gears on a test drive, went ok for a 253 too. Got it up to about 60 mph in a 60kmh zone in Queanbeyan where the road is quite wide near the YMCA netball courts, as I slotted it into 3rd (D for drive) it went thru the gate and picked reverse. The resulting 360 spin was about 100 metres long and took forever, felt like the car was going to roll over left then right as it came around, the fire extinguisher went off in the front passenger floor and there was powder and sh*t everywhere, including my jocks.
The tar was very coarse and new and those marks stayed there for 2 years. Drove back to the shed shaking like a dog shi**ing razors blades and cleaned the powder out of the cab.
Mate that owned the car knew something had happened but couldnt quite finger me for it.

Also had air shockers on my old VJ valo and when pumped right up it would spin at the drop of a hat.

boxhead 06-23-2011 04:28 PM

Fark...... It is cold in the desert this morning.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...d/photo-63.jpg

Modena 06-25-2011 04:57 AM

I snapped a pic while it was hot back in 2009;

http://bencobra.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/hot.jpg

Merv and Sharon 06-25-2011 02:59 PM

Your speed almost matches your temperature. Dave's doesn't ...

gjkrv8 06-25-2011 05:15 PM

Merv, 50 odd k's per hour on Punt Road is good going, given its always clogged with traffic. Rgds Gregg

Merv and Sharon 06-25-2011 05:27 PM

I know that is a good speed there - I used to live in South Yarra, before I moved to Kew.

OZCOBRA 06-25-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon (Post 1136871)
I know that is a good speed there - I used to live in South Yarra, before I moved to Kew.

Kew where?????......That's my current Abode!!:cool:

Merv and Sharon 06-25-2011 11:24 PM

Belmont Av Paul. When I was a young undergrad.

OZCOBRA 06-25-2011 11:44 PM

I'm in Edgevale Rd....150 mtrs away....:LOL:

Merv and Sharon 06-26-2011 01:04 AM

The world gets smaller and smaller Paul. I was in a place called John Cannon House. As I recall the cemetery was not that far away and there were some famous people buried there - Dame Nelli Melba?

gjkrv8 06-26-2011 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon (Post 1136871)

So does that mean we can claim you as a Mexican?

:)

I was up in Brissie last week - also got straned for extra day - Wish I had the cobra there, you guys had some beautiful weather mon-wed

Rgds

Gregg

Merv and Sharon 06-26-2011 01:48 AM

Noooo Gregg. It was an enforced stay in Melbourne, even though Hawthorne was my team. I even used to drive back to Brisbane for long weekends! However, Melbourne is my favourite city in Australia still. We had a brilliant Cobra run, about 12 of us in the hills in the Sunshine Coast hinterland today. Best time of the year.

gjkrv8 06-26-2011 02:23 AM

I am envious of you guys now - Melb is still a bit cool but we have had a couple of sunny days this weekend but I was out so couldnt go for a little spin. I havent been down the Great Ocean Road yet, but have driven the Mornington Penninsula a fair bit and there are some good roads down there. I am going to try and make the Nationals this year, so am looking forward to meeting a few more cobrafiles. Rgds Gregg

Merv and Sharon 06-27-2011 02:13 AM

The Ocean Road would be great in a Cobra. However a trip to the Portsea pub could be nice as well.

SeanO 07-10-2011 01:43 AM

Hi All,

Thought I'd say hello as I have been a long time thread reader but only registered recently.

Anyone from Adelaide a member?

I am looking to make the leap into owning a cobra soon so may have questions to ask (mid life crisis purchase) but am thinking of taking the easy route first before building from scratch.

I travel for work a fair bit so may look to see if I can catch up when there are events interstate.

All the best.

Rog246 07-10-2011 02:56 AM

Welcome Sean, this is such a great site with lots & lots of useful & useless information :eek: :LOL:
You will love it. Don't know about the mid-life crisis though-I reckon that the term was coined by some Pisxed ORF Shelia not happy with her old actually doing something he wanted to do for a long time. Mine told all our friends that I was having one when I started on mine. I just smiled a lot and finally explained to all that if I was having a crisis she'd be GONE & I'd be on a Harley with a chickie babe :LOL:
So once again welcome to the site, join the local club and enjoy the journey.
Rog

boxhead 07-13-2011 06:23 AM

How much would you crap your pants.
Not really what you'd expect when accelerating to 203 mph. [VIDEO]

Aussie Mike 07-13-2011 06:38 AM

Time for new underpants I think. :eek: