Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   The POOL ROOM (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/91647-pool-room.html)

LoBelly 09-07-2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxhead (Post 1076639)
Oakshott has been reported as stating "I chose Labor because Abbott would have gone straight back to the polls so he could be voted in".
Hello, if that is what he thinks the Australian public would do, shouldnt he be backing there thoughts?

I watched that news conference live and that is a mis-representation of the point he was making. It was clear from the questions that followed that the journo's did not appreciate the subtlety of his comment.

Over the next few questions Oakeshott re-iterated that he sought stable government for the coming term and that he believed that many coalition backbenchers would prefer to head back to the polls thinking that they would win a majority, therefore he considered that there was a better chance of the government serving the term if it was not a coalition government, and that this was a factor in his decision

He did not say that he thought that they would actually win. (unlike Windsor)

LoBelly

Merv and Sharon 09-07-2010 03:37 AM

I thought that Oakshott presented as being articulate and persuasive. Would be a good leader I reckon. Certainly better than the old hacks on either side. Those guys had a ton of info - more than we will ever be allowed to see - and made their decisions. Either way we seemed to vote this way - even the informal vote was twice swing away from Labor. We seem to have lost faith in the major party stuff. You never know this could be a good thing - at least its interesting!

BMK 09-07-2010 02:59 PM

I have a friend who is in his elect area. His family is impressed with him. Appears to be genuine and hard worker.

Merv and Sharon 11-13-2010 01:44 PM

Good morning Mick - nice and green in Bundy? How is the registration process going? We should do a 'run' up towards you soon. Any ideas?

Merv

Rog246 11-15-2010 06:19 PM

Mr Webber

Well the F1 is done & dusted, can't help feeling for Mr Webber though. The world is not made up of 'if's' though and at the end of the day the Austrian was quicker when it mattered most...at the end.
That being said, Webber acquitted himself well & better than the pundits expected. Next year it WILL be interesting, as he now knows that he CAN DO IT. Next year will be very very different with KERS back etc, & with new qualifing rule @ 110% the grid will look different that's for sure.
Onward and upward for one M Webber;)

boxhead 11-15-2010 08:03 PM

The red bull car may be slow next year?
Alot will depend on what is under his bum.

schipps 11-16-2010 11:26 AM

Rego

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merv and Sharon (Post 1089608)
Good morning Mick - nice and green in Bundy? How is the registration process going? We should do a 'run' up towards you soon. Any ideas?

Merv

Merv,

Yes quite green at the moment.
Couple of weeks before I book in with Ray. really only have the sheeting of the boot, trim the boot and tidy the wiring up, and fit the immobiliser.

Mick

Merv and Sharon 11-16-2010 01:13 PM

Well done Mick. You are getting very close now. Can be stressfull period but you have prepared well and should have few if any problems. Look forward to seeing the car!

BMK 11-24-2010 07:10 AM

Mmmmm the CSX4048 car on the For Sale section makes an interesting read.

A little like telling the Pope he is an Anglican...:LOL:

Legless 11-24-2010 12:19 PM

Something doesn't smell right with csx 4048, I think if you put together a time line and look at the previous advertisments posted by Stephen and comments by Steph I think he's probably telling porky pies. The bloke I saw with the car looked like a pretty flashy dealer and I've since seen him driving a late model Maserati. Did he pay $700K; I don't think so. I also doubt he is as humble as he would appear.;)

Paul

soulman 11-25-2010 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 1091659)

Bernie,

Your saying its not real ??? of course it is...why would a used car salesman from Sydney lie !!!

And that thing about the Pope...i didnt know !

I learn more everyday.

Soul.

Rog246 11-25-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulman (Post 1091860)
Bernie,

And that thing about the Pope...i didnt know !

I learn more everyday.

Soul.

Waddu mean he's an Anglican..............:CRY: Don't tell me that........I mean I am an Anglican who married a Catholic on the basis that the Irish Priest who married us told me that was the only way that I'd EVER get to go to heaven !!:eek::confused::eek:
Geezus does that mean that I've wasted the last 40 yrs thinking I'd found a way so sneak into the joint by the back entrance !!:(:CRY:

:LOL::D:LOL::D:LOL:**):LOL:**):D:LOL::D

soulman 11-25-2010 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rog246;109****
Waddu mean he's an Anglican..............:CRY: Don't tell me that........I mean I am an Anglican who married a Catholic on the basis that the Irish Priest who married us told me that was the only way that I'd EVER get to go to heaven !!:eek::confused::eek:
Geezus does that mean that I've wasted the last 40 yrs thinking I'd found a way so sneak into the joint by the back entrance !!:(:CRY:

:LOL::D:LOL::D:LOL:**):LOL:**):D:LOL::D

Thats funny !!!

Although i would think a lot of Catholics would get very upset with the qoute "back entrance " and ""Catholic "" in the same sentence ....:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Soul.

Rebel1 11-26-2010 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulman (Post 1092037)
Although i would think a lot of Catholics would get very upset with the qoute "back entrance " and ""Catholic "" in the same sentence ....:LOL::LOL::LOL: Soul.

Hang on! , Catholics are Italian, not Greek, aren't they?. :confused::rolleyes:

Zedn 11-27-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 1091659)

Definately more to it that meets the eye. Generally someone that can afford $700k for a car would not have got to that position making bad investments and uneducated decisions. But i suppose there is always an inheritance.

There was an original 1964 dragonsnake on milliondollar auctions today that went for around US$500k. Im not sure how old the episode was but it was going to the shelby museum.

BMK 11-27-2010 03:50 PM

Hemmings recently sold a very early 427 car. CSX 2000 series for well under and it had an interesting race history etc. Now that's real.

Not saying that the CSX4000 series are not real..:MECOOL:

BMK 11-27-2010 03:52 PM

Aaaahh religion why did I mention the Pope...%/

Thought Pope was like a Simpson - an early washing machine..:LOL:

Rog246 11-27-2010 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMK (Post 1092346)
Aaaahh religion why did I mention the Pope...%/

Thought Pope was like a Simpson - an early washing machine..:LOL:

My mum had one of those....as I recollect it was West in (the) House !! LOL

Ohh sorry but it kinda had to be said !:LOL::LOL:
Rog

BMK 11-29-2010 04:16 AM

Rog246

Rog,

:LOL: took me a while...

BMK 11-29-2010 04:18 AM

Mmmmmm .... 'a little bird' tells me CSX4048 and the salesman may just be the same person..:eek:

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, flies like a duck - then it's a duck..:LOL: