Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   The POOL ROOM (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/91647-pool-room.html)

BMK 09-24-2008 05:23 PM

Cameron Parsons

Cameron,

I knew you were moving back and forward but did not know you were there when I was in China. You bet I would have foound you if I had known. It is a foreign country..:3DSMILE:

There is only so many times you can say 'NO' to a massage when you head back to your hotel..:3DSMILE:

May catch up at the Nationals.

Bernie

BMK 09-24-2008 05:26 PM

Ron 61

Ron,

Good to see you drop over here. I'll still get over to the chat areas.

I have not been on this forum a lot - even though my 'Post' count is up. Most of the count has been added too at the airport surfing gallery photos..%/

Hope all is well there. Fires seemed to have left you alone this year..%/

Bernie

BMK 09-24-2008 05:42 PM

392 Cobra

Fred,

I have been to the ultimate Pool Room at Jay's workshop near you. So I know the standards and the card games well..:3DSMILE:

Think Jay has the ultimate Pool Room..%/

Cheers

Bernie

BMK 09-24-2008 05:45 PM

Jamo,

If you can get a copy of the movie it is a great laugh.

Will see if I can find one or buuurrnn a copy.

So the Pool Room is now on the Forum..:LOL:

Bernie

Cameron Parsons 09-24-2008 06:02 PM

No worries Bernie,

and for all the other lurkers. I look like being here for another 2 years. If you get to Beijing, don't be a stranger.. We have a fully operational BBQ and Bar :3DSMILE:

See you at the Nationals... My short commute starts in a few days.. %/

Cameron

boxhead 09-24-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cameron Parsons (Post 883171)
See you at the Nationals... My short commute starts in a few days.. %/

Cameron

So does mine.

2 more sleeps to go.

boxhead 09-24-2008 06:16 PM

Regarding the pool room as a permanant section, is it possable to have this as a side room from the Aussie section (so different subjects can be bought up and not require searching the entire thread to find your last conversation. and save confusion)?

boxhead 09-24-2008 06:29 PM

To all the Australian Club Cobra golfers.

I am not sure how many (if any) of the members in here are active golfers and have official AGU handicaps.

I was wondering if anyone was intersted in a golf competition, we could all work out online what day we could play our respective home courses where the event is a single stroke or stableford, using golflink mates we could check and compare scores.

I am willing to source a trophy for the winner and we can make it an annual event for anyone interested?

Can I see a show of hands?

Cameron Parsons 09-24-2008 06:57 PM

I have a local handicap and membership in Beijing Golfers. If that qualifies, I'm up for it.

Cameron

Leeroy 09-24-2008 08:07 PM

Boxhead

I am a club member and have a handicap.

Sounds like a good idea.

Cameron so to does your BBQ and Bar.

GlynMeek 09-24-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxhead (Post 883179)
Regarding the pool room as a permanant section, is it possable to have this as a side room from the Aussie section (so different subjects can be bought up and not require searching the entire thread to find your last conversation. and save confusion)?

Yes..Jamo. I thought The Pool Room was going to be a separate forum 'type' like 'Lounge' so our antipodean friends could start their own series of Aussie related general threads...makes more sense than what could rapidly grow into an unmanageable monster thread with no coherence which will ultimately die and lose its meaning. 'The Pool Room' as a separate 'Lounge' but with an Aussie theme might be more fun and encourage more participation.

But what do I know, I'm just a f***ing pommie ... rofl

Glyn

stephen low 09-24-2008 09:17 PM

Seeing as this is for no particular topic - greetings from Kings Canyon N.T.

Obviously not getting much done on the car but am very relaxed having left Ayers Rock the day before and leaving here tomorrow for the Alice.

Hope to catch up with David - BoxHead, Friday night before he heads down to the Nats., another one missed, but I think next year is going to be the one for me. I can understand why David's got an A/C for his shed, was told the other day 55C can happen - ouch - hot - hot!

Anyway can hear a beer calling me so must go - cheerio.

Steve

richardferguson 09-24-2008 09:55 PM

This Pool Room is a brilliant idea from the brilliant mind of Ber..oops..BMK.
Just so long as we can stop Stiffy soiling the furniture.
Richard

boxhead 09-24-2008 10:01 PM

There are 12 crownies in the fridge with our name on theme Slowy.

Although I will be having an easy night with plans of being on the road by 8.00am Saturday.

Jamo 09-24-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxhead (Post 883179)

Best way to make that happen is to show how popular this thread is and prove its longevity. I'm certainly a champion of it...make it happen.

Small steps... ;)

boxhead 09-24-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 883262)
Best way to make that happen is to show how popular this thread is and prove its longevity. I'm certainly a champion of it...make it happen.

Small steps... ;)

Thanks for that Jamo.

ac andy 09-25-2008 12:14 AM

Boxhead, if it counts, i think i may a bit handicapped on some Sunday mornings due to a big night on Saturday! I dont suppose primary school mini golf champion counts for much either does it?

Andy

ac andy 09-25-2008 12:16 AM

Bernie, wont be at the Nationals this year mate, we have spent quite a bit of time in hospital with our daughter recently so it will be nice to get some time at home. Hopefully next year is my year!

Andy.

BMK 09-25-2008 12:55 AM

ac andy

Sorry to miss you there buddy.

Hope you were able to get over to the hospitals Ronald McDonald House..:confused:

www.rmhc.com.au

Talk soon.

Bernie

ac andy 09-25-2008 02:03 AM

Hey Bernie, i leave the Ronald Mc Donald House to the people that really need it. we are only an hour and 10 minutes away from the hospital so its not too bad for us. Last Sunday i was able to drop into the Python open day on the way so that was a bit of fun.:)

Andy.