Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Australian Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/)
-   -   The POOL ROOM (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/australian-cobra-club/91647-pool-room.html)

LoBelly 09-25-2008 11:14 PM

Patriotism is the last refuge of scoundrels

according to William Samuel Johnson (signatory to the American Constitution)

Do former Convict Colonies count as scoundrels?

(btw another of his quotes "What ever you have, spend less" might be aptly reviewed by his progeny)

LoBelly

Cameron Parsons 09-26-2008 02:33 AM

Mike,

作弊广告男子躺

satisfied.....

Or just leave it at Drongo...

Cameron

Aussie Mike 09-26-2008 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cameron Parsons (Post 883619)
Mike,

作弊广告男子躺

satisfied.....

Or just leave it at Drongo...

Cameron

zuò to regard as; to take (somebody) for; to do; to make
detriment; fraud; harm; defeat
广 guǎng wide; numerous; to spread
告 gào to tell; to inform; to say
nán male
11 p.m.-1 a.m.; 1st earthly branch; child; midnight; son; child; seed; egg; small thing
tǎng to recline; to lie down

I love the internet :3DSMILE:

trularin 09-26-2008 04:58 AM

WOW! what a rough crowd.

Coming over here is like picking a presidential canidate in the lounge.

:LOL:

boxhead 09-26-2008 05:46 AM

Whats this world coming to?

Coon cheese next on anti-racism hit-list

September 26, 2008, 1:01 pm

An anti-racism campaigner says Coon cheese is next on his hit-list after the Queensland government ruled a controversial grandstand being rebuilt in the state's south would not be renamed after E.S. "******" Brown.
Toowoomba Sports Ground Trust chairman John McDonald on Thursday told AAP that while the grandstand bearing Brown's name was to be demolished in coming days as part of an upgrade, the "N word" would be used on a plaque or statue at the new ground.
But late Thursday, Sports Minister Judy Spence ruled it would be inappropriate to use the racist term in any way.
Ms Spence said she had talked to Mr McDonald, and he agreed the word would not be used at all.
"I do not want the next generation of Queenslanders thinking that using the word ****** is acceptable," she said.
Toowoomba academic Stephen Hagan, who campaigned against the name for almost a decade and even took his case to the United Nations , said his celebrations would be shortlived.
Mr Hagan said he would now focus his time and effort on fighting Dairy Farmers' Coon cheese.
"Initially, Dairy Farmers said it was named after Edward Coon, who revolutionised the speeding process of making cheese," he told AAP.
"But I've questioned the authenticity of that story."
Formerly manufactured by Kraft, Mr Hagan claims the cheese used to have a black wraparound and was named Coon as a joke.
"I want Dairy Farmers to show me the evidence of Edward Coon being honoured an honorary doctorate and what year he received that honorary doctorate," he said.
"If they can prove to me that Edward Coon was a famous cheesemaker, I will drop my campaign.
"If they can't do it, I'm going to fight them all the way, just like I did with ****** Brown."
Mr Hagan said Ms Spence's decision to ban the word ****** from the Toowoomba Sports Ground was unexpected.
"I've fought this campaign for nine years and all reports made yesterday made some indication that (******) would still appear somewhere," Mr Hagan told AAP.
"I fought the (Toowoomba Sports Ground Trust) in all the courts and they have not once given me one indication that they would be flexible in any way."
Mr McDonald on Friday said the contributions of former local councillor and Kangaroos representative Edward Stanley Brown would be recognised in an "appropriate" way.
"That sign was built in the 1960s ... that wasn't yesterday," Mr McDonald told AAP.
Edward Stanley Brown was of Anglo-Saxon descent, and it is said he was nicknamed "******" because of his fair complexion or after a brand of shoe polish.

What. even this place has gone over the top.

See this article for complete story (not edited)
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news...217491581.html

Cameron Parsons 09-26-2008 06:44 AM

Although a blow by blow from the internet is interesting. A simple local translation is:

Lying Cheating Ad Man.... :eek:

It's been an interesting few years here ....

Cameron

Clois Harlan 09-26-2008 01:16 PM

Well Bernie if you were going to be over here for RNG you could take a look at my newest project that B&B Mfg is putting together for me. It's going to be a Competition Ready Daytona Coupe. I doubt if it will be ready but I know the guys are scrambling to get the frame and suspension all welded up. Brakes are on backorder but I understand someone has a friend that may be able to help.

I will check into the pool room soon maybe we can get together for a game of 9 ball or even 8 ball and I love to play snooker.

Clois

Tenrocca 09-26-2008 09:58 PM

pikes peak

Got sent this link this week. You may or may not have seen this clip of Ari Vatenen's winning drive on the famous pikes Peak hill climb in a Puegot 508 turbo some time ago....now this is driving...no Armco, sun in his eyes the dust...

Aussie Mike 09-26-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cameron Parsons (Post 883673)
Although a blow by blow from the internet is interesting. A simple local translation is:

Lying Cheating Ad Man.... :eek:

It's been an interesting few years here ....

Cameron

I just love tha fact that with a few key strokes you can find info on just about anything. I quite often have to translate things for work and such and some of the online translation tools are pretty neat.

Cheers

Aussie Mike 09-26-2008 10:23 PM

That video got me searching for Pikes Peak footage.

I enjoyed this one from 2008. Check out some of the cars

Rebel1 09-27-2008 02:15 AM

Here is a nostalgic one for the Queenslanders.

A lap of Lakeside with dick Johnson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfjVEln3f7U&fmt=18

This track was around before QR and has recently reopened for club events.

Merv and Sharon 09-27-2008 04:52 AM

I well remember it in the late 60's - was a great track then.

Merv

BMK 09-27-2008 04:44 PM

Clois,

Great to hear about the Daytona.

Yes would have enjoyed being over there for the Run N Gun.

I was just looking at the Run N Gun site and you have a very full program. The biggest ever.

Bernie

Tenrocca 09-28-2008 08:52 PM

shelby\cobra doco

Interesting overview on Shelby history for those that know nothing (like me)
Part1:

Part2:

Part3:

BMK 09-29-2008 03:24 PM

Tenrocca

Great link.

Bernie

BMK 09-29-2008 03:29 PM

Better than the share market..: :confused:

I was just reading through the latest 'Just Cars Magazine' and was surprised at the price of some of the US cars and even our own Australian collector cars.

The Mustangs have certainly moved right up in price to mid high $20k mark. The Mustang fastbacks which are always at a premium have jumped right up to mid $40k. Even the local Australian Fords have jumped up in price.

XM and XP two doors are now more expensive than the Mustangs..%/

I even noticed two old VW Kombi vans at over $12k and both are marked as restorers, neither have engines. One however is a multi window safari model.

I'm not sure what will be the next good purchase..:confused:

%/

Anyway back to flicking through the pages and working out what I can fit in the garage..Mmmm perhaps another car hoist for starters.

Bernie

Cameron Parsons 09-30-2008 02:17 AM

Bernie,

when the stock market blows, the toy also goes....

It will be interesting to see the fallout, and we won't see it for a while yet, i think...

the toy box may get a little dusty before this one is done.

In the mean time, how about a X-Bow.... I just read the review.. Look out Atom.

Cameron

BMK 09-30-2008 03:15 AM

Cameron Parsons

Cameron,

Yes not sure where the stock market will go. You are right the toys go first then the holiday homes...

To quote the President .."we must have a recesion before we have a depression".

I'm again not certain what's on the horizon.

Having said that my brocker is buying for me at the moment - :confused: - getting some bargains..%/

Cameron Parsons 09-30-2008 03:22 AM

Ummm... he needs to look in the rear view, they have been in recession for a couple of years. And before the technicians climb on board and start quoting "recession data points". It's the clever technicians that got em into this mess... My opinion only of course.

I think you're broker should be loading up on Panadol stocks. Gotta be a big surge in demand.

See you Friday night, and hopefully at the track Sat Bernie.

Cameron

BMK 09-30-2008 03:47 AM

Cameron Parsons

Yes should be in Friday late afternoon.

Where's the meeting point Friday - night bench session..:confused: