Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Paul

Had forgotten you and I follow the best team in the AFL. Even better now with added ICE.....and yes that was our first colour combination choice.

But there's already one black / yellow combo and we wanted to be different.

Enough said for now, except I'll blame the wife it the combo looks wrong and take the credit if it looks good....of course!! However I have enough faith in her colour arrangements so I think my choice will be excellent.

Aren't you ex Victorian there ol Reb?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Paul

Had forgotten you and I follow the best team in the AFL. Even better now with added ICE.....and yes that was our first colour combination choice.

But there's already one black / yellow combo and we wanted to be different.

Enough said for now, except I'll blame the wife it the combo looks wrong and take the credit if it looks good....of course!! However I have enough faith in her colour arrangements so I think my choice will be excellent.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry guys for the ssssttttutter, hit the post thread button a second time by mistake.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Slowy, yes indeed. I just hope Cousins is fit enough for round one as it's going to be a cracker against the Blues. That re-attached hamstring has me worried...

By the way, you can edit your posts - see the Edit button next to "Quote"? I don't think they can be deleted altogether though.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

How do you think I supersized the photos from the original postage stamps Paul??

Your right though the edit button doesn't let you fully delete unless you just want to show a blank thread screen.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen low View Post
What, who me? .... not on your life.

I could think of nothing worse.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Then I can't think who it was on this forum that had emigrated to a worst state of life by leaving Victoria.

How is the humidity up there at present anyway, had your third shower for the morning yet?? Definitely not my cup of tea.

Oh and the 5am sunrise you get in September is rude, when are you supposed to catch up on your beauty sleep??

The "State of sweat" needs to get with the times and bring in daylight saving. I thought you got rid of ol Joh some time ago, but it seems his way of thinking still permeates through your Government.

And two States separation from Bindy ain't enough either by crikey!!
Old 01-06-2009, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I might be the one your thinking of Slowy, I left Melbourne in 1991 and moved to Mission Beach in QLD, then in 2002 (I think) I moved out to Alice.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Hi Slowy,

Just got back from Holidays down the Mornington Penninsula - jee I wish my VIN # was done so I could register and drive down there, would have luved to have cruised past some of those nancy boys in their Ferraris, Porches, Mercs and Beemas and such. There was some really great open top cruising weather.

I am, (only joking) your car doesnt get finished too quick as I know where your seats are

Once you know more about your build time and you have an idea about the seats, pls let me know.

I am hoping end of Jan/early feb for Vin# but am not getting too excited as bureacracy doesnt move fast these days.

Rgds

Gregg
Old 01-08-2009, 01:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gregg

Don't panic as a short list of the more major jobs to do includes:

mating new TKO to back of Windsor and fitting the whole shooting match
modifying alternator location, belt tension and plumbing arrangements on motor
modify exhaust system to enable segmental fitting
revisit clutch system and turn into hydraulic
get body onto car to allow for parts test fitting prior to painting including dummy side pipes
rewiring including extension of cables to be able to better hide electrics
yabada, yabada

So there is plenty to get on with.

Its likely when the body is refitted that that will be the time when I'd get Marty to refabricate (read better fabricate) lower height seat mounts than I hade made.

I don't think there will be any time conflict.

We will see.

Cheers
Old 01-08-2009, 11:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Wow Steve, thats a long list.

Took mine for a little spin today - man it felt great even with the flat spot.

3rd and 5th are a bit close together so could be a bit hairy if wanting to do a quick change, short gear stick doesnt help much either. I think I read Boxhead found this as well. I think moving the gear lever to the forward position on the T56 must change things a little. Maybe one day when I'm bored I might have a better look at it.

Found I might need to shorten my eye-bolts on my front anti-roll bar as they rub on my wheels when at full lock. Although I think this is because I have screwed the AVOs up for clearance - may need to adjust after you know what.

Steve, hope things keep moving along for you.

Rgds

Gregg
Old 01-09-2009, 02:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well Gregg those are just the more major bits so I guess I'm in full rebuild mode.

Anyway lucky you, was that on a play permit or should I not ask?

Am up your way in the morning I think, Lilydale anyway, to collect my new gearbox.

Cheers

Steve
Old 01-10-2009, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen low View Post
Well Gregg those are just the more major bits so I guess I'm in full rebuild mode.

Anyway lucky you, was that on a play permit or should I not ask?

Am up your way in the morning I think, Lilydale anyway, to collect my new gearbox.

Cheers

Steve
Hi Steve, Sorry I missed your post yesterday, would have invited you over to have a look at my Cobra. Seeing that you were close by.

Hope the gearbox goes well. At least with your re-build you have most of the parts already. Who are you going to get to do the painting?

Rgds

Gregg
Old 01-10-2009, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Greg who teamed up with Marty is a panel beater who started his trade on the original plastic Corvettes and he is also a very good spray painter.

So he has the job to fully finish off the body work.

This just simplifies the arrangements as Greg works in Marty's shed a few days a week so he will be there as the car is developed.