Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 12:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, VE L98 + T56
Not Ranked     

Thanks Guys, most informative, as usual, Interesting about the Silicon hose being incompatible with Petrol! I will have to get an off cut and watch the reaction, I notice in some of the pics that there are earth straps, but whilst wandering around the wreckers didn't notice any on factory cars, even those that were isolated from the body by rubber fittings. "why is it so?" Peter
Old 02-28-2009, 12:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Just a heads up that the requirements actually dictate the use of Neoprene hose for the fuel filler.

By the looks of it most here have used the correct hose material.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

I found a few sources of fuel proof hose, but only the stuff from Earls was flexible enough to work in my situation.

Very expensive stuff!

Ben
Old 03-01-2009, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKB View Post
I measured the angle of the steel pipe and it was around 45 -50 degrees. The unleaded adaptor fitted in the end of the pipe and then tig welded.

Baz,
A local spare parts store sells 2inch rubber filler pipe. It is part of the Auto One chain of auto part outlets, so if you have an Auto One store in your area or even Repco give them a try. The hose you require is called filler hose. One store tried to sell me fuel resistance hose. In the larger size hose it had a wall thickness of around 8mm and was extremly rigid.

As we on the subject of rubber filler hose I am finding it difficult finding 1 1/2 inch filler hose. I am after suggetions for this as well.
Thanks Warren,

I picked up the hose at Auto One this morning. Everything is falling in to place.

Baz
Old 03-02-2009, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi all

On my car the one thing that came to light after a period of time was that all the fuel hoses, even though they were rated for fuel, began to leach fuel vapour through the rubber.

Any hoses, fuel or breathers, either in the cabin or boot would be advisable to be run in teflon lined hoses to avoid the smell.

I had to go to the trouble of changing all my breather hoses in my GT40 as the smell of the vapour became unbearable.

Since changing them to stainless braided teflon no further problems.

Dimi
Old 03-02-2009, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Dimi, I certainly agree, for standard fuel lines, leaching is a big issue. We've found some hose that does it and some that does not. Same goes for braided line. Seems the better quality more expensive hose does not do it.

Seems to all come back to the rubber component in the line and the exact compound used.

As you say all the Teflon lined stuff should fix the problem.

Boats also have the same issue.