Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > B & B Cobra's --- Speak with Bryan Anderson

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2002, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     

Had my frame delivered back in November of 2001. Body was delivered November 2002. I am shooting for a June finish date so that I can bring it to SPring Fling. Body looks great. Paint on frame and chassis componenets would leave a little to be desired. Next time, I think I would take the time and paint it myself or get it powder coated. A few hickups along the way, but it has been a blast. Buying the frame and body seperate has it's dissadvantages.

Tom
Old 12-10-2002, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i'm new here. 93 LAX w/ top loader and built small block. bought from original owner who had it custom built at LAX, but after Bryan left =(. still, the car is beautiful and almost new with only 4000 miles. i have an all original 351c 70 mach 1 in storage. i will love my cobra even more once you guys PLEASE share with me what the hot setup is to upgrade the front brakes? (11" GM or wilwood?) i feel unsafe at la freeway speeds given the stock pinto/mustang 2 front discs. thanks so much for helping.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 186 351w
Not Ranked     
Default My B&B

My B&B was built by Randy Treadwell of T3 Inc in Colorado Springs. Randy builds a great product - the B&B product. I have a 1971 351w rebuilt by ADC Racing in Fort Collins who also builds a great product. Only 500 kick in the ass miles to date and hope to increase this when the Colorado weather begins to warm up. I have a T-5 tranny and 3:73 in the rear, erson performer cam, and 600 Edlebrock carb. Do not hesitate to email with any questions. You can see complete build photos of my car at www.t-3cobra.com. Regards, Meangreeny (changed color to silver).
-David
Old 12-12-2002, 05:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 186 351w
Not Ranked     
Default Sorry Randy, it's Ft Collins

Sorry Randy - Got my cities mixed up. I must have been thinking about shifting into second on the way to third.

T3 Inc. is in Ft. Collins. Randy is a great guy and builds great cars.

-David
Old 12-17-2002, 09:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Purchased my car from "Worksalot" see the tenth entry. The car is solid and rattle free. A very quick 302 with trickflow twisted wedge alum heads.Edelbrock performer manifold, Holly 600 double pumper carb,MSD-6AL ignition,t-5 trans.
The B&b sits right and sounds right and corners like a true sports car should. /thanks for the lesson in cornering John it was exhilerating.
All I can say is Thanksalot to Worksalot
Old 12-19-2002, 09:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Location: Right in the middle of the beautiful Texas Hill Country - Boerne, Texas,
Send a message via Yahoo to Blake Olson
Not Ranked     

Rob,

welcome to the B&B family....let us know if you need anything..

blake

"Charlie Don't Surf!"
Old 12-28-2002, 02:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 66 427W Roadster
Not Ranked     

Fred delivered my snake for my birthday in Sep 2002. It is in the garage wanting to be assembled and painted. I quickly learned, you have to think outside the box to build one of these beauties. Thanks to Bryan,Barry and Karen for all their support. I have installed the rack and pinion, steering column and footbox. After reworking the front end, I decided to go with polyurethane bushings throughout and am back at putting those back together.
I have the complete car (less the windscreen) in my garage and let me tell you,it is CROWDED out there. I plan to paint it Blue with white stripes or british racing green. The shelf life for Slick Sand is not long so I have not bought the paint yet.

Why is TCC having their annual meet in Feb 20? That has to be the coldest weekend of the year in the south. I guess after doing the Shelby BBQ on the wettest day in Sep, it is only fitting.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default New B&B Owner

Hello Fellow Proud B&B Owners,

Here's a watered down description;
Turnkey -,
351W stroker built by Southern Automotive ~470hp,
Tremec 3550,
Narrowed 9" 3.73 LS
Team III look a likes with gloss black centers
295/50-15 rears
Tubular fronts
Ceremic headers/pipes
Big block hood
Remote oil cooler/filter
Corvette 2002 Electron Blue Metallic w/ Mercedes silver stripes.
Light Gray Int

I live in NH and take delivery end of Feb.
Very excited...
Old 01-19-2003, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: kmp927
Not Ranked     
Default one LAE and one B&B

427SO in both . red one a LAE is mine and the blue B&B is my fathers ,his is faster dads always win....were down in south orange county calif.

Æon
Old 02-25-2003, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

New owner, I pick up my Kit in about 3 weeks.
I don't know if I can wait that long!
Iam looking at using 302 with T-5.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default Be sure.....

kiknasp,

I too originally went with a 302 but I would certainly suggest going with a late model 351 windsor instead. This way you will get most of the goodies (roller cam, roller rockers, etc. Also, do the math for your rear end gears. Unless you are running a Toploader transmission you will absolutely want 3:73 gears. I chose to go with a 428 CJ last year and I really like the torque but for a toploader I am geared to low (I am giving up top end speed). On your tires you need to talk to some people because there is NO selection in a performance tire in a 15". I am running 295-50-15 and 235-60-15 front and the rubber compound is way to hard, you can't get a speed rated 15" tire. Your wheels are one of your most expensive investments outside your engine so be sure you really want 15" wheels.

Clois Harlan

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 02-25-2003, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

OOPS!

I miss read your post "kiknasp" it Looks like Bryan has you lined out pretty well...but, I would re-think the wheel size.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 06-24-2011, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 351w
Not Ranked     

To bring this back from the dead, I bought my 01 in 10 from a gentleman in Lake of the Ozarks, Mo. It was delivered to someone in SW Mo where he put it together. It has a 351W with a T-5 4.10? 8.8 rear, blue with white stripes. The rear wheels stick out too far and rub the fenders, so that will be something I work on pretty soon, fun car to drive even if it is low on power for my tastes. I'd like to do lots of upgrades, but have been having too much fun driving it to do anything really. If you know anything about this car let me know I'd love to know more history behind it.
I believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B, FR302
Not Ranked     

Nothing like keeping an old thread alive! 66 Roadster - Black - GM Cortez Silver lemans Stripes, FR302 AFR heads, polished Edelbrock Air Gap, Holley Evenger 570 cfm, Griffin Alum Rad, Jet-Hot coated headers and Sidepipes. T5, 8.8 - 3.55:1, 17" Compomotives with BFG G Force 255/45/17 up front - 275/40/18's out back. New rears in the garage cause they are getting rather thin......... Having a little trouble keeping the windshield clean!

Just recovered the bottom seat cushions and my ars doesn’t hirrrts anymore Thanks infletcher!

Last edited by NFLDMNBB; 07-03-2011 at 12:01 PM..
Old 06-30-2011, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics 428 ci
Not Ranked     

I got my LAE in 1993 it was a turn key minus, it has a 428 fe toploader 4 speed chrome side pipes, bumpers, roll bar. Ceramic headers, and lots of polished aluminum on the engine. The car is still gel coat red and has black interior.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 306/FORD
Not Ranked     

My car was delivered 11/17/10. It wasto be a turn key minus but i shipped bryan the drive train. 306 ford 350h.p. Tremec 5 sp. Ford 9" with a 3.73 gear and posi. The car is white with blue stripes black interior 15" satin wheels and black side pipes and roll bar. The engine compartment was done in aluminum and the car has cool mat on the fire wall , foot box and floor which helps alot.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

It's amazing what a little foam can do NFLDMNBB!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MK4 427 roadster
Not Ranked     

I bought a 1993 La Exotic last year. It's a red gel coat body with a 351 windsor, borgwarner 5 speed, Black interior, chrome accents. Ford 9" rear with 350 gears, disk brakes all around and Hydraulic clutch.

Since my purchase I've upgraded the radiator from copper to Aluminum with Spal fan and shroud. Changed out the suspension from cargo coils to Coil overs. New Holley fuel pump, new brakes, Royal purple synthetic oil, Royal purple transmission fluid, New rebuilt Clutch and Royal purple rear gear fluid in the 9". New Ceramic coated side pipes. I also installed a manual choke. Replaced all the engine gaskets and seals, Had the carborator rebuilt and engine jetted/dynoed.

The Aluminum radiator, shroud and Fan was custom built by Barry Mcgill. The ceramic side pipes were also custom built by Barry Mcgill. He is one of the original partner/owners of LA Exotics.

I can't say enough positive things about my experience with McGill Manufacturing. Karen was very delightful to work with. She was very helpful setting up my order and pricing. Both Karen and Barry always returned my phone calls regarding any questions usually within the hour. Barry even answers his phone on the weekends. They really made sure I was happy and didn't mind making minor adjustments to suit my " O.C.D." requests.

They were very honest and fantastic to work with. The radiator and pipes were built/coated and at my door step within 3 weeks. I was very impressed by the customer service and the high quality Cobra parts I recieved from them.

http://www.mcgills-streetrods.com/

Lee

Last edited by Leecbr; 07-20-2011 at 11:37 AM..
Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Cobra / B&B 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Don here. Just picked up a B&B from a guy who hadn't driven it in 6 years. It had "issues" lol - all working now and fun to drive - but more things to tackle.

99-2000? Still researching! 1968 Ford 427so bolted to a Cobrajet 4speed top loader. 390 rear, Mustang II front. Compomotive 3-piece wheels wearing 60 tires 285s back 235s front. Struts? They look like coil overs but the Summit guys I showed them to say they are imports probably from a Mitsubishi or similar - and they're headed for the trash heap along with the rest of the suspension once I get the $$$ to tear it off and put a new one in! And the brakes? Yikes - that's next week's project.

Maroon and silver with black interior and a blast to drive. Looks like a $million
Old 02-16-2012, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

Welcome fellow B&Ber
Pictures!
Show us what the struts/Coil overs look like and I'll bet we can say what they are!