Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   Now the wait begins!!!!! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/118689-now-wait-begins.html)

toddl 01-11-2013 07:10 AM

Now the wait begins!!!!!

Finally got to place the order for my Backdraft Cobra. It is going to be built by Vintage in CT. I have spent untold hours researching and look for pictures for the build. I know Jay and Brian are going to build me an awesome car. I have really enjoyed reading everyone's treads on this forum and look forward to sharing the progress on my build with everyone.

Cashburn 01-11-2013 09:50 AM

It goes quicker than you think. Glad we could narrow the project. I will keep the details for you to share...

toddl 01-11-2013 10:02 AM

I think all my friends are as excited as I am. Lost count of everyone that wants a ride once it arrives. Will be an awesome day getting it off the truck!!!!

andig 01-11-2013 04:48 PM

Congratulations Todd, the waiting time will fly by....honest!
Jay and Brian will do a great job for you, they have just finished building 1167 for me today (my second one from them) and it should be on the transporter to Tx any day now.
What color and spec did you choose?
Andy

rpatton3 01-11-2013 08:23 PM

Congratulations!

I would deal with them again if I ever buy another Backdraft!

Tempus fugit!

Post photos when they are available.
Just curious.

If you are thinking about options, get them now (installed before shipping.)

rpatton3 01-11-2013 08:29 PM

Congratulations! I bought my new Backdraft for my birthday two years ago.
Jay is great to deal with and I would not hesitate to buy another BDR from Jay.

I can not remember my shipper, but they were great, too!

Tempus fugit!

toddl 01-12-2013 07:53 AM

Thanks all. I went with Race red with a black single stripe and dual rookie stripes. It will also have metallic copper pin striping. I think I checked all the boxes on this build. We are using the brand new 5.0 Aluminator XS with Cobra Jet intake. Doing full sound system, Heat/Air, painted dash, special color on the wheels, speed hut gauges and the new hard top and more,.... Figured it may be a once and a life time thing wanted to do something special. I'm looking forward to sharing pictures and see what you guys think. I'm also open to ideas from those who already have one on what I may be missing.
Thanks again.

rpatton3 01-12-2013 08:38 PM

I am looking forward to a photo show!

emm427 01-13-2013 02:06 PM

Congrats !! Welcome to the madness !! You won't be disappointed. Looking forward to see that hard top !!

toddl 01-13-2013 03:43 PM

Will post them up as soon as they start coming in. Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas!!! Still can't believe it is coming. I have never even sat in a cobra much less driven one. Just been a car nut my whole life.

rpatton3 01-13-2013 05:35 PM

Feed the addiction; there is no cure!

toddl 01-13-2013 06:22 PM

BTW rpatton3 I see you are in Jonesboro Arkansas. I live in Mena Arkansas small world.

rpatton3 01-13-2013 09:19 PM

Jonesboro, Arkansas

I was the county treasurer for Craighead County and elected for 12 two-year terms. I am retired and never lost an election.

You live near Petit Jean don't you?

Small world, indeed.

Kobura 01-13-2013 09:21 PM

I never saw a Backdraft in person, not to mention sitting in one or driving one, or visiting Vintage Motor Sports, or meeting Jay or Brian. But, I bought my RT3 over the internet from them and got pretty much what I wanted and expected. It turns out that a lot of others were as crazed about getting a Cobra and did what I did which almost everybody else would regard as a foolish thing to do. You are just among the latest to do the same crazy/stupid thing. But, there is a high probability that your trust and patience will be rewarded with a car that you will be proud to own and get more pleasure from than any of your other material possessions.

Congratulations, and please keep us posted on the progress of your car.

Richard

toddl 01-14-2013 08:02 AM

I am about 2 hours from Peite Jean but I live right on the Talimena Scenic Drive. Talimena National Scenic Byway. It is an awesome driving road.
Should be a good place to stretch the Cobras legs!

toddl 01-14-2013 08:04 AM

Thanks Richard. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

toddl 01-14-2013 11:18 AM

I,m about 2 hours from Petie Jean. But I live right on the Talimena Scenic Drive. Miles of curves and no traffic. Should be a good place to stretch a Cobras legs.

rpatton3 01-14-2013 12:53 PM

Did the same thing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobura (Post 1227058)
I never saw a Backdraft in person, not to mention sitting in one or driving one, or visiting Vintage Motor Sports, or meeting Jay or Brian. But, I bought my RT3 over the internet from them and got pretty much what I wanted and expected. It turns out that a lot of others were as crazed about getting a Cobra and did what I did which almost everybody else would regard as a foolish thing to do. You are just among the latest to do the same crazy/stupid thing. But, there is a high probability that your trust and patience will be rewarded with a car that you will be proud to own and get more pleasure from than any of your other material possessions.

Congratulations, and please keep us posted on the progress of your car.

Richard

I did the same thing with same people. No regrets.

hammer0191 02-04-2013 11:17 AM

I'm very interested to see what The aluminator Xs puts out. That is going to be a sick motor. Congrats to you and your build. I hope to have one in the garage soon, so for now I live through you and everyone else on the board!

toddl 02-04-2013 11:32 AM

Been doing that for about 2 years now. I still can't believe that I have one being built and on the way. I have spent tons of time looking at pics and reading to figure out what I wanted. I think we are building something special/different. As soon as pics are up I'll get them on the site so all can see. Till then lots of sleepless nights!!!!