Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2017, 09:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #509, 347 S
Not Ranked     

Serious question... anyone know if Florida Lemon Laws apply? I understand these are custom built vehicles... but I don't see where they're excluded from Lemon Laws... it just says "new cars"... and it's my understanding that this is a new car. Thoughts? Opinions?

Florida Lemon Laws - Lemon Law Attorneys | DMV.org
Old 07-18-2017, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: backdraft coytoe motor with VMP blower
Not Ranked     

first thing call florida DMV. I bought out of state, and was sold a car with used parts , called DMV of state I bought car , next day dealer said ill take care of it, after 2 months of ignoring me. . believe all licensed dealers are bound by lemon law. Most state DMVs are on all complaints immediately.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

After I replied to them asking if they are still building cars I got this back:

------
Hi Klaus,

Yes, we are still building cars. Each car is allotted a windshield glass and frame at the factory and arrives to our facility installed in that specific car. Unfortunately, no replacement windshield glass is available for your car at this time.

Thank you,
Brian.
-----------

Kind of a joke, like we know most of the BDR buyers only buy once and we only focus on new car sales, so buddy you are screwed and you are not the first one!

BDR_Boy, I was thinking about the Lemon Law too, not sure if it applies at all for custom builds, but I'm getting to a point where I will just notify them of the lemon law and see what happens and if I have to get an attorney involved. In the FL Lemon Law you normally deal directly with the manufacturer not the dealer.

Can't really believe it, I love the car, even told them in my initial email I would pay for the windshield, just want to finally enjoy it. It takes a while for me to get really upset, as it is not good for my blood pressure, but if I do, you don't wanna mess with me and it is getting very close to that point.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by klausflorida View Post

------
Hi Klaus,

Yes, we are still building cars. Each car is allotted a windshield glass and frame at the factory and arrives to our facility installed in that specific car. Unfortunately, no replacement windshield glass is available for your car at this time.

Thank you,
Brian.
-----------
Well that screwing was not nearly as polite. In fact, that's just your basic, down and dirty "f--- you very much" screwing. You can get that pretty much anywhere.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 KCC from South Africa Right Hand Drive
Not Ranked     

Damn....After reading all this ..the only conclusion I can come to is that Klause is a crybaby.
Almost every issue he is talking about are all common long term Cobra "issues"
Its a part of the mystique of ownership.
Ownership of these cars requires something that not everyone has!!!!
Old 07-18-2017, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing, Roush 427R, T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANMADD View Post
Damn....After reading all this ..the only conclusion I can come to is that Klause is a crybaby.
I think you're the only one that feels that way. Maybe some of us would agree with you if he'd have the car for a whil, but the fact that the car is brand new and it has had all of these issues is ridiculous. He hasn't even had the chance to take it for a drive. And to add insult to injury he sent the car to Backdraft to get it fixed and it came back the same, but this time with a good size paint chip on the fender. I don't think being a cry baby applies here.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 KCC from South Africa Right Hand Drive
Not Ranked     

I fully understand the expectation for a new car .. Really bad on the supplier...
What I meant was , we forget that these are "Kit" cars .......albeit they cost so much.
Ozzie Goat likes this.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2234 Diamond Edition, Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Hi!
Even for a Kit car, especially for a new expensive one, something like a customer service should be available. The whole story is more then a pain in the ass...it is really unbelievable...think i would go crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish you the best and hope your problems will be solved soon!

Peter
Old 07-19-2017, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #888, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by klausflorida View Post

------
Hi Klaus,

Thank you,
Brian.
-----------

Kind of a joke, like we know most of the BDR buyers only buy once and we only focus on new car sales, so buddy you are screwed and you are not the first one!

BDR_Boy, I was thinking about the Lemon Law too, not sure if it applies at all for custom builds, but I'm getting to a point where I will just notify them of the lemon law and see what happens and if I have to get an attorney involved. In the FL Lemon Law you normally deal directly with the manufacturer not the dealer.

Can't really believe it, I love the car, even told them in my initial email I would pay for the windshield, just want to finally enjoy it. It takes a while for me to get really upset, as it is not good for my blood pressure, but if I do, you don't wanna mess with me and it is getting very close to that point.
You should have told Brian most people get a free dinner and dancing before they get F'ed..... hehehehehehe

Sorry.... But now you know what you are dealing with.... Best practice is to just go to Jay for things.... Calling Boynton is like trying to get back with an EX... You know going in how it is going to work out.... Best to just avoid it altogether if possible.
BDR0572 likes this.

It isn't how fast your car can go
It is how fast your car can change direction

Home of Fake Snake Racing
Old 07-19-2017, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF-427R
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Wait a minute, do you work for BDR PR?
Old 07-19-2017, 02:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

If it were me, I would give your dealer one more chance to address your issues completely, in writing. You can live with a broken windshield for a while. If they're not available, they're not available. Personally, I'm on my third windshield. They do break quite often. You can also look into ordering a lexan windshield if you don't want to wait. However, the other issues must be addressed. If he balks or refuses, I would then call Jay at VMS and have a long conversation with him about what your car needs. Then I would ship it to him with the understanding that they address all your concerns and not send the car back until it is 100% done. And that includes test drives and shakedown cruises.
Granted this is going to cost you some extra $$$ but the headaches you're going through right now are not worth trying to fix it yourself or pestering your dealer to fix it for you, since he seems to have no intention of doing so.

Now, once you get your car back, pay the additional repair costs and are enjoying the cobra driving experience, then you can go after the dealer legally for reimbursement of the additional costs you incurred due to their failure to address your new car issues. If you so choose.

Sometimes with these hand built cars, you get a bit of a poorly prepared car. But, I think your concerns are easy to fix and I know many of us have gone through similar problems with our cars when new.
It's not like buying a new vehicle from the dealers stock and driving off into the sunset. These cars are unique and require a couple of years of driving and tinkering before they are bug free. But most of us at least got to drive our cars while we dealt with the fixes. You haven't even been able to do that.
We feel your pain and frustration. Sit down with your dealer first. If he balks, then call Jay, have him do the work. Bite the bullet and then deal with recovering your additional expenses legally (probably through small claims court) while enjoying driving your new BDR.

Just my opinion. We wish you good luck. At least your driving season is year round. Some of these guys get maybe three or four months of the year to drive their cars. Think how pissed you'd be if the summer months were the only time you could drive the car.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing, Roush 427R, T56
Not Ranked     

Any updates?
BDR0572 likes this.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, Roush 402R
Not Ranked     
Default VMS scenario

I like the send it too VMS scenario, I bought mine through them ,even used they stood by it , when I had small issues They jumped on it to help me get fixed and running right, even found part numbers for me so I could order parts from online vendors , Very Very Happy with VMS customer service Makes owning BDR something enjoyable .
Old 08-15-2017, 07:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, LS3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDR0572 View Post
I like the send it too VMS scenario, I bought mine through them ,even used they stood by it , when I had small issues They jumped on it to help me get fixed and running right, even found part numbers for me so I could order parts from online vendors , Very Very Happy with VMS customer service Makes owning BDR something enjoyable .
Without VMS i think there would be alot more unhappy BDR owners. The headquarters deosnt really seem to care about their customers and VMS truely does. Sending your car there is a no brainer, just look at all the compliments given to them by actual customers. Jay and Brian are stand up guys and that rarely happens in this business. You might have to wait because they are so busy all the time but it is worth it in the long run. If you have a problem they will fix it even if it takes some trial and error. Everyone wants a no hassle, no problems turn key Cobra but that doesnt exist. All brands have issues but having an expert on your side to get through these issues is the real key and thats what VMS provides.
BDR0572 and 1SwtRide like this.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
This is too funny...but sad.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: