Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > BackDraft Racing ---

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2004, 09:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to TheSaint71
Not Ranked     
Default ahh ha!

GREAT REPLIES GUYS! Thanks a ton... I truly hope what Im about to say doesnt offend anyone but I have always been facinating with human response to thing etc...

Anyway, why is it that EVERY SINGLE time something great comes along and either revolutionizes something or gets people stired because of its great performace people get jealous and or start making subtle and non subtle attacks about something being unfair, its a classic jock syndrom where the guys that like being on top hate great competion! Sorry again I hope im not pissing someone off but I've seen this my whole life and it gets old...

My little brother was a great runner, his times were only 1 second off from high school senior records when he was freshman... so what did the seniours do, tell him that the seniors owned hime tc blah blah blah.. why because he was a huge threat! I must say I always hoped this type of stuff would dissapear with age but lol guess not... Why is there so many people always wanting to bash the people that make head way!? Everyone strivbes for the same thing in racing, performance, maybe a little preferance too better times etc... and you get on top, and boy DO YOU RATTLE SOMEONES CAGE!! Sorry, this has ALWAYS been a pet peive of mine to the 9th degree!

I love hearing bout those olthoff boys, great racers and great cars! Always wanted to watch them. I know it must be frustrating getting great competition and maybe loosing, but hell tires or no tries they brought it! I can't condemn someone for bringing their best game and doing it well! If people end up having iig prosb with certain mods tires etc.. maybe there should be a category or let ppl know whats allowed and not! Even if they didnt have these big slicks yeahh maybe performance would be hindered slighty but even without those tires its obvious the car and driver still would have fared well!!

Chuck Yeager always use to say, "its the man, not the machine!" And I tell you, look at the white rose of stalingrad a 20 year old girl name Liliya Litvyak... flying friggin 90mph paper bi planes doing night raids becasie the men "the real" pilots were too affraid to, then taking outdated yak 1-bs into dog fights with Focke Wulf 190's and Me-109's you bright what you got for your best game, and if you got a inferior craft then you got to be thinking ahead!!

Great job to all who raced!!

Sorry again to rant i just get so tired of that! lol When the germans were the first to have fule injected aircraft they had a huge advantage because of manuevers they could do without starving the engine of fule so what did USA do, we brought game baby!

THANKS FOR GREAT REPLIES!

Last edited by TheSaint71; 01-11-2014 at 08:58 PM..
Old 02-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No question: Strong motor and big tires make a HUGE difference at the track.

I was blown away when I went from T/A's to Yokohama DOT Auto X tires. Like it was totally different car.

Seems to be little doubt that IRS has a better ride than a live axle. By the time I was done "dialing in" my Excal for the track I could hardly stand it on the "road" it was so harsh.

Ernie
Old 02-16-2004, 05:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Self Built, 427 USRRC, 427FE, Toploader
Not Ranked     
Default the difference.....

excaliber,
No, a TON of MONEY makes the difference!, this was a car you do not get from BDR as a base car , and yes that is a challenge Boudy. Kinda like the "claimer" event in typical racing events.
Got to look at it very closely, it's not in any way what comes in the BDR package fellas.
But it came out on top and, so it's the BIG WINNER, sells a lot o cars, right?
grumpy
Old 02-16-2004, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of BDR 127......
Not Ranked     
Default Grumpy...

Not to step in and take Boudy's bullet, but that car is exactly what BDR can sell you, except the racing windshield, big slicks and the engine (they can probably sell you the engine through their dealers). Everything else on that car is what you CAN get from BDR - optional upgraded suspension, bigger brakes, etc.. It seems as though most BDR owners get their engines elsewhere - like other Cobra replica/original owners. If having to pay an extra $3k to get the extra performance handling as an option is not a real BDR, please let us know.

To that, what the difference between a stock 351 and a stroker - you pay to get the extra performance.....

( I don't even have my car yet and I am feeling the love... )

- Snak Iyz
Old 02-17-2004, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     

Grumpy: Your post would lead those who didn't know better to believe that we wouldn't sell them a car similar to the 00 from Run & Gun. Sorry sir, your challange is busted.

Here's your quote:
Base car - $28,900
M3 Package, tires & wheels included - $4,000
Slick upgrade - $500
Finned Diff Cover - $400
Solid welded motor mounts - $40
Solid welded side pipe mounts - $40
Cooling ducts to front rotors - $500
Bolt on front air dam - $150
Racing seat - $300
Ray Dot Mirror - $125
H&B Performance Spring Kit - $300
Removal of windshield - No charge

If I forgot something, just let me know.

Check my site for car availability. Any one of them can be prepped for you in 3 weeks.

Boudy
Old 02-17-2004, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of BDR 127......
Not Ranked     
Default Boudy...

I stand corrected....

Grumpy, I was wrong you can get everything through Backdraft.....

I feel much better now.

- Snak Iyz
Old 02-17-2004, 08:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     

Hey Reg, did I forget anything?

Boudy
Old 02-17-2004, 11:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

the stickers on the side ?
Old 02-18-2004, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

Boudy-

"Any one of them can be prepped for you in three weeks..."

Ha. Get real.

Get your young self over to your computer and detail me a sales contract on #139.

Left hand has checkbook, right hand has pen, with ink.

I'm crazy, but nobody ever called me stupid.

I'm on BDR #139 like a cowdog on a pork chop.

Jeez, I'm on the verge of buying a BDR Cobra replica sight unseen.

I'm an icehole. But I know that I'm an icehole.

UT
Old 02-18-2004, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #139, Indigo blue, white stripes, KeithCraft 351W, 315 WHP, 17" Boyd Smoothies, dual roll bars, gunrack, assorted young females
Not Ranked     

Boudy-

"Any one of them can be prepped for you in three weeks..."

Ha. Get real.

Get your young self over to your computer and detail me a sales contract on #139.

Left hand has checkbook, right hand has pen, with ink.

I'm crazy, but nobody ever called me stupid.

I'm on BDR #139 like a cowdog on a pork chop.

Jeez, I'm on the verge of buying a BDR Cobra replica sight unseen.

I'm an icehole. But I know that I'm an icehole.

UT
Old 02-21-2004, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

good morning,

I stated in an other thread about the BDR handling that I own a forerunner of the BMW suspension car. Mine was buillt in 1996.
Meanwhile I learned that it was not built by KCC Johannesburg (is that the former BDR?) but by a professional race car builder from South-Africa. Sorry for the mix-up.

It features McPherson strut in the front similar to the BMW, but from a FORD Sierra XR8 with AP brakes.
The rear is homemade, similar in appearance to a 289, but with coil overs.

I had it on the Killarney race track in Cape Town, and was able to easily run Porsche GT3 or Turbo times (1.33,3) with a 302 (290hp, flat torque) using only 3rd and 4th gear on street tires. It's not a fast track, topping about 125 mph. Car weight is 2250 lbs.
I am a beginner in racing. An experienced driver should even be faster.

Did any of you run a comparison to a GT3 or Turbo?

I hope this helps the discussion, because I expect the BMW suspension cars to handle quite similar.

Dom, Cape Town