Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2002, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '73 Jensen Healey Mk.I #13046
Not Ranked     
Talking There is always a Lister-Corvette

I just want to mention that the Beck Lister-Corvette Replica is another viable option at least for me. A stock Corvette 350 "Crate" motor and a two speed "Sluch-A-Matic" and I'm ready to go!!!

Old 06-21-2002, 04:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA535 with 427FE s.o.& toploader
Send a message via AIM to bonyhadi Send a message via Yahoo to bonyhadi
Not Ranked     

works for me! Of course the Run and Gun car has about 850hp+
Old 06-21-2002, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Just for me...

The stock 350 "Crate" motor is just fine for me. The transmission and torque converter is good up to and likely beyond 5oo HP, so when and if I want to upgrade, I can.

Lovd the Tape, thanks, I'll be going up soon to See Chuck Beck and see about a car then. See ya and thanks agin. Jim
Old 06-21-2002, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not that I'm opinionated or anything, but the Lister has to be the ugliest car ever designed. I looks like a cheap '70's kit car. I know Chuck Beck's replicars are top notch, but geez, I'd rather drive a '66 Corvair or a Gremlin or a Pacer...ugh...The front fenders are cartoonish.

Best of luck,

jrichard
Old 06-21-2002, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     

Jim,
How 'come the "slush-o-matic"? You could get a superb 6-speed with the 'Vette engine. I've even heard you can get a tranny without the obnoxious 1st-to-6th lockout "jump" in the linkage. Just food for thought......
Chow
Old 06-21-2002, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

jrichard:

"I'd rather drive a '66 Corvair or a Gremlin or a Pacer...ugh"

Thats OK, The Lister is still part of history only earlier than the Cobra and will still seriously kick ass on most cars on the road today or then. Just something to consider. It is unique and there will not be a poorly made FFR or whatever looking just like it when I drive to the market or to the racetrack.

Besides I like the lines of the car and we won't even go into the performance issues, not really, there are cars out there for everyone and when you are fighting over insurance and registration issues with your Cobra, I'll just slip under the radar... it is afterall a 1958 Corvette, well sort of...

"To each their own..." Thank God!

Last edited by JimsGems; 06-21-2002 at 09:07 PM..
Old 06-21-2002, 09:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll seriously look at all options before the long green gets put down on the table. The Slush Box was Chuck's idea and his reasoning makes sense, considering power to weight ratio and power band of the stock crate engine. It did work for Jim Hall. I'm not going to have $70 or $80 grand to put into this and it will be a daily driver, more or less, I won't own a trailer queen. It's just not me. The color scheme I was thinking about is... The new Ford Matallic Gray (2002 Mustang) and darker gray stripe in it's classic form with a 1/8" red highlighting around the edges. Black interior. However nothing is set in stone.
Old 06-22-2002, 04:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

didn't mean to be too harsh. I aplogize fo the unedited opinion. As I stated, I know Chucks replicas are top-notch and yes, the performace was there, evidently. How about a Daytona Coupe or a GT40 replicar? Superformance's new Coupe is a beauty.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

jrichard;

No apologies needed, all of my opinions are unedited and I can be a real SOB too. Do not apologize for your opinions and beliefs. Now to the nitty-gritty…

I have some minor physical problems (mainly from getting run over by a truck) and in fitting my once very fat ass into any sport car, is still one of them. Better at 282 than 401! Now that I’ve lost 128 pounds it's a lot easier to fit! Duh. But… The Lister-Corvette is still the best fit for me everything considered, I sit very high in a std. Cobra... (see my gallery.). I would love to have a Daytona Coupe or a GT40 replica, or Superformance's new Coupe. Yes they are all beautiful and, no I cannot fit and bend my back and neck enough to fit in them.

I can modify any of the major Cobra replicas to fit me comfortably now, little things like removing the clutch peddle and extending the foot box and dropping the seat off it’s rails and removing some of the over stuffing in the standard seating, or having a custom seat fabricated. All of these items, can be worked out in a Cobra replica; Kirkham to an ERA, Unique, SPF. Chuck will make the cockpit in the Lister-Corvette fit me! No problem at all.

Like I always say… “Life it just too short to dance with ugly women or to bad music.”

I would love to build and drive a SPF, Unique, ERA etc. but here in California, I think the insurance companies will succeed where all before have failed! Think about it and let me know what you think about that. Jim

PS: See STG (Stan); I can register and insure the Lister-Corvette as a 1958 Corvette Replica no problem. $500.00 per year =or-.
Old 06-22-2002, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     

Jim,
I cannot recall WHERE I saw it, but it was in a KitCar of fairly recent vintage. The "it" to wh/ I refer was SOMEONE'S replica of the Daytona and its doors took a lot out of the roof whenb they opened. There most definitely were NOT gull-wings. They were a little reminiscent of the "T-top" doors on old GM Camaros or Firebirds. In this particular Daytona, about 2' of roof was left and the photograph legend said it was specifically designed for ease of ingress and egress (or was that "egrets"?) for us older stiff-backed fahts* (New England).
Congratulations on the diet!!! Very impressive. I think I may have to resort to mowing my lawn with my incisors.
Keep us posted!
Chow,
Old 09-03-2004, 09:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up lister vette

I love cobras! But i also like the lister vette. I like the curvy sensuous lines of the lister. I think it is one helluva car! It definitely has what it takes to give a cobra a run for its money! And 1,700 pounds!