Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-19-2010, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     
Default Selling my CRII

Well I've made up my mind and I need to part ways with the car. I'm going to take a huge lose on this but I've come to terms with that and will write the project off as lessons learned. The car does run, but needs work done/completed. Mostly cosmetic/finish issue. A few mechanical (like the leaking gas tank) things, but nothing to major. The car has never been titled and I'm in contact with the state of Illinois to get the COO back from them.

A lot of you have followed the build over on my build thread, so you know the good. The not so good and the lets not even rehash it stuff.
That other guy named Ed and DVs CRII build

I'm going to ask $20000.00 for the car with motor and trans (408 professionally built stroker and a TCI C6). If someone would prefer to have the car without the motor/trans, then I'll take $10000.00 for the roller. As I've said. Most of you have followed this over the last 4 years and know I have WAY more than that in the project.

I think this would be a great deal for someone who maybe didn't get a complete kit from Classic Roadsters before they went under. Or as just the roller it would be great as a resource for spare parts and body components.

Well there it is....

There's still a lot of build pics over here
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...0/ppuser/28053
Old 11-19-2010, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

A note if I may,
Concerning my embarrassment on attaching bolts for the roll bar bolts hanging loose shown in one of ED'S pictures has quite honestly kept me up nights. After weeks and weeks of trying to figure out why they were never tightened it finally dawned on me... those are NOT the bolts for Ed's Roll Bar. His bar is Four Point ----DUH---- WHAT IS SHOWING IS THE NORMAL two bolts that would be used for a regular 3-point roll bar! Why they are there I have no idea, unless I used them for making a template for his original 3-point before he went to a 4-point.

Just to carry on the finishing of Ed's car- Who ever buys the car and wants to bring it to Pentwater, I WILL do the final buffing and I will either fix the gas tank or the fitting which ever one is leaking at no charge!

P.S. At 20K, that is less than half what that Cobra has in it! Heck of a buy for someone!

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-19-2010 at 01:07 PM..
Old 11-19-2010, 01:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
After weeks and weeks of trying to figure out why they were never tightened it finally dawned on me... those are NOT the bolts for Ed's Roll Bar. His bar is Four Point ----DUH---- WHAT IS SHOWING IS THE NORMAL two bolts that would be used for a regular 3-point roll bar! Why they are there I have no idea, unless I used them for making a template for his original 3-point before he went to a 4-point.
Like I said in my post. Don't want to rehash anything, but here I go.

Those are the roll bar bolts. One is on the passenger side of the car and one is on the drives side. With a good 3.5 to 4 feet of distance between them.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok. I've had a couple of you PM me with questions. I'd like to respond to them here (without naming names) as it might help other on lookers out. If by chance your questions and my responses don't get the info you need. PM me again with a phone number and we can talk things over.

(I'm traveling for work right now and will be back in Chicago on monday. So replies might be slow)

Question 1) Is the transmission mounted yet?

Answer 1) Yes. As I stated at the beginning. The car is running and very drivable. So that also means the C6 is mounted and the tranny tunnel cut and finished.

Question 2) What work is incomplete or what will need to be redone to complete.

Answer 2) Here's what I think....

* Leak in the gas tank. (sorry just added this at 8:40am EST 11/20)

* The car has a lot of places where the finish is just not right. Orange peel in some small areas. A lot of spots where final buffing just didn't happen, so those areas are dull and not to a high gloss.

* The rear license plate holder needs to be remounted. It pulled through a thin spot of the fiberglass in the trunk lid. So really that would have to be built up and re-finished.

* The electric oil pressure gauge in the dash does not work. Bad sending unit is my guess. I have a new one, just never put it in yet. There is a backup mechanical gauge mounted in the engine bay that does work.

* If you want wind wings on the sides of the windshield. Your going to have to replace it. The brass screw holes on both sides were stripped out. (one fell off bring the car back from MI)

* Door release controls need to be redone. Whats in there now just doesn't work well. I have a new high quality release I was going to test on the drivers side. Just never put it in.

Question 3) Is the interior leather or vinyl?

Answer 3) Yes. The seats were recovered in leather and the door panels and dash are also covered in black leather. That work alone was over $1000.00. The carpet is also in (black) and is very high grade marine grade material.

Question 4) I got on the PC to reseach all that I could on his build and really could not find a whole lot other then the very public spat going on.

Answer 4) You really didn't take the time to go through the build thread. That thread is 79 pages long and has a lot of what was done to get the car drivable.

This is the car in March of this year, when I drove it over to the new house. As I have said. It is fully functional and very street-able. Just needs to be taken up 4 or 5 notches to turn into what I really wanted it to be. I just don't have the passion for this one anymore.

Here's the car a month or so ago. Thats pretty much where she has sat this past 9 months.

Last edited by capteddie; 11-20-2010 at 06:40 AM..
Old 11-20-2010, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Guys as far as I'm concerned this is not a "spat"-PERIOD. I never got to drive the car, let alone on a test drive.(This is not an excuse-just a partial reason!) It IS a fabulous car and If you could read the entire post as Cpt Eddie says you can see the entire build, what was done and what was redone to make the car one of the finest. I have answered 3 e-mails about buying this car- there is no doubt it will be gone soon. For those I e-mailed I did forget on problem. As Ed mentioned, the fiberglass around the license plate holder was thin much like the hood and trunk were in spots. I too will fix this for free.

Roll bar bolts, I guess I simply screwed up. (Lousy excuse!) Proper bolts "Tightened properly" will take car of the custom 4-point bar!

My apologies!
DV

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-20-2010 at 07:38 AM..