Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-28-2014, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default looking to by a 1998 classic roadster?? lots of questions

Evening,

I am looking at buying a 1998 classic roadster that is put together and is running., no body work or paint, doors not on. IS this year a classic roadster II?? Car 302 with automatic. Car has 78 granada front end and mustang 8.8 rear end. Chevette steering colum. I have only seen pictures of the car and a video of the car running. Im about 7 hours away. I wanted know if the granada front end will be ok to use. Guy says he has all of the parts to finish the car besides roll bar. He has the certificate of origin. I'm a little tentative as i know they don't produce these any more and the business went through several owners. This is the only place i could find for parts and answers.

looking for info on:
How easy to finish body and paint?
Roll bar / would have to make my own???
tires and rim size that fit?? I could only find recommendations for 2002 CR II
found steering colums and cobra steering wheels.
Fit and finish
what car is worth ball park finished.
Guy wants 6K This seems like a no brainer to buy as i have ability to do all the work myself and my uncle is a body guy but i don't want any crazy surprises.
I want to finish the car right. Im 6'2 and have always wanted a cobra. This seems like the only one i would fit in comfortably

Thanks in advance for your help. Probably haven't had a green horn this site in a while.
Cobra kid
Old 10-29-2014, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nissan
Not Ranked     

Cobra Kid,

Seller wants 6K? Do what Richard at Gas Monkey Garage does. Low ball. Offer 3K cash and split the difference at $4000- $4500.

If you and your uncle do all the work, you will have a fantastic and rare automatic Cobra. Like you typed, "it's a no brainer."

Ford used parts are cheap. You'll find a way to make it work and run. It's a replica, no need to stress authenticity.

Paint it guardsman Blue & Wimbledon white stripes and when it's time to sell, you'll get back what you invested, in spades.

best of luck,
nyg
Old 10-29-2014, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Cobrakid,
From the first CR Cobra to the last, there isn't a nickels difference between the kits. It is however one of the best kits to ever hit the market, not counting the like of Kirkhams etc.

Actually and technically CR's has had only TWO* owners over the years, Gary Rutherford, the original and Don Scott, an adviser and builder for CR. *Their have been two co-owners over the years and they were both under Rutherford.

Normally: 80 hrs for fitment, body work and painting. Your description of the build to date is way off the recommended procedure. (Usually because the builder thought that everything was going to fit perfect from the start or they failed to comprehend the manual.

Having the MSO IS the most important part of the entire kit! Well done.

Being 6'2 is not problem at all as long as your weight is under 300 lbs. (And I'm not joking!)

Absolutely go for it, if not just post the phone number of all those parts and I'm sure someone here will scoop it up before lunchtime!

The average sale price today of a QUALITY built CR cobra with a 351 and a four or 5 speed is usually borderline at 32K. However I have seen them sell for considerably more and less.
DV

PS> Where in Michigan are you?

Last edited by Double Venom; 10-29-2014 at 09:11 AM..
Old 11-10-2014, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have removed this comment.

Last edited by cobraman428; 11-10-2014 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: computer issues.