Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just spoke to Brian at Lonestar (in Ft. Worth, Tx) - body will not fit.

Jeff
Old 07-30-2009, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

Just send your existing frame up to DV. He can shorten and narrow it so that a generic body will fit !!!

________
Old 07-30-2009, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

How about we take a quality body, lenghten and widen it?
Unique, ERA, Everett Morrison, ?.
Even a KMP if David comes along to do the work!

DV
ps....I should of left this one alone!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hmmm,

________
Old 12-03-2009, 12:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last time I checked, (last summer), the original cobra body (grey gel coat) I took delivery on when I bought my kit was still parked outside dons house/barn being subjected to the weather. In Jan 09' it was sitting there in 3 feet of snow. So there is at least one.

Somehow while CRII was suppose to be finsihing my car for the paint shop (07'-08'), the original cobra body was switched with a white gel coat body that was all jacked up (delaminating and cuts from someone who made all kinds of mistakes). When I got a chance to get to the body shop, you could imagine my suprise. This happened 11 months ago, end of Dec 08. In Jan, I arranged to take the rest of my parts back from CRII as all trust was lost by this point, and have the body shop pick up where CRII fell short, and finish the car for me.

Lots of parts missing though, cost me many thousands of dollars to fix the body, and thousands more to pay for parts that I had already paid for once before. of course according to Don the white shell was always the body that was on it, even though the doors, hood, and trunk lid where all grey, and dispite the numerous pictures I have when I took delivery in 2004, assembling the frame in my garage, and pics from dropping the car off to finish to rolling chassis in preparation for paint, and pics from a few of the times I stopped by CRII to check on the progress.

This is one of many issues I encountered with CR, and CRII.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John York of York Sportscars in Ashland Virginia may have a body.

________
Old 12-03-2009, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

There is a car for sale on ebay item#320456853819 the man has a reserve of $8200.00 on it, it looks a little rough and i dont know if its even the right make but maybe Ed(DV) could or some of you other guys could tell if it's the right one he has a phone number with it 217-304-2521...............good luck and dont give up yet......miracles happen.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It is over and done with. The Reddeer Alberta guys in Canada were out years ago. Fact of life. Dead issue. Why does this issue keep coming up is as well...beyond me. They are gone, period. End of story.
HT
Old 12-05-2009, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 707, 446ci FE
Not Ranked     

I guess some guys do it that way, but the opening post of this thread makes me want to hum Johnny Cash's "One Piece At A Time"...

Amazing how much that song resembles, uh, some Cobra builds... and the bit about sixty pounds of paperwork rings too, too true...

= Si Opus Quadratum vis, angulos praecidere noli. =
Old 12-06-2009, 05:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If you haven't seen my LAST about the last known CR'd virgin kit, I have it and i is 95% complete 100% frame, 100% BODY PACKAGE. 95% Frame brACKETRY.If you have an almost complete kit then this would be a simple finish,but taking into vettster abillity I would think he could do a modification to make It work.

DV-Se signaure!
Old 12-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by High-Tide View Post
It is over and done with. The Reddeer Alberta guys in Canada were out years ago. Fact of life. Dead issue. Why does this issue keep coming up is as well...beyond me. They are gone, period. End of story.
HT
HT,
As you can see by DV'S post, there are still unfinished or even unstarted kits out there. DV has a kit that is unmolested (as he puts it) and HRAY has a second kit that has hardly been touched.

My guess it that there might be more out there that someone would be willing to let go of fairly inexpensively. That is why people keep bringing this up.

The OP stated that they knew that getting anything from CR was not going to happen and wanted to know what they could do now.

That is one thing that I like about this site/forum. You can find items and information that you might not be able to find anywhere else.

Have a great day and upcoming holidays.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyBob View Post
There is a car for sale on ebay item#320456853819 the man has a reserve of $8200.00 on it, it looks a little rough and i dont know if its even the right make but maybe Ed(DV) could or some of you other guys could tell if it's the right one he has a phone number with it 217-304-2521...............good luck and dont give up yet......miracles happen.
That car is just 40 miles east of me. I looked at the pics and it appears to be a Shell Valley, not positive. Pretty sure it's no CRII. Front/rear suspension combination looked like what I recall Shell Valley using.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

For that money I would look at the one that DV has first and it is a CR.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadesters ltd, 302, T5
Not Ranked     

How about another approach, you could purchase a model A or 32 ford body, stretch your frame just a little and build a 32 Highboy, or purchase a model T-bucket and make a track T roadester. If I had an extra CR chassis completed I could find several other types of cars to make fit it.

With enough creativity you can make anything fit, all depends on what you want. But as Terry suggests, your best bet is to buy DV's kit, then sell what you have to another rodder.

You have so many options.

Ray
Old 12-06-2009, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Woodz i can say that i have seen a lot of Shell Valley cars and thats not a Shell Valley.
but it may be a solution to the problem of not haveing a body....
Old 12-06-2009, 08:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 91, 65 CR 427 289 or 302
Not Ranked     

Quick question for tcrist if I may. I have a 91 CR Classic 427 and it is red like yours. I have no idea what the paint code is. If yours is a dark red and was a turnkey by the original CR in Fargo in the ninties, then maybe yours is the same color as mine. Do you have a paint code for yours? Thanks

Jim
Old 12-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim,
Sorry but I have no idea what the paint code is.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just a quick post about titling a kit car. I too have a complete '' VIRGIN, UNMOLESTED" CR 427 kit. Frame is 1993, body is 1996 and I have EVERYTHING to finish car except sidepipes and top. 1986 California 5 ltr HO / 5 speed drive train. AVO coilovers, 16" Compomotives, Corvette brakes, tubuler front end, ect...ect. and the only work I have done is paint the frame. As you can see by the dates this is a dream a long time in the works. Life kept getting in the way. The point of all this is I also have a Manufactures Statement of Origin, (MSO). This is a "TITLE" from CR and a foil VIN plate. I received it with the body (phase two and three) in 1996. Without it most states will NOT title a kit car. I always wondered why Don did not, could not, and can not supply the MSO? And also where are the body molds and frame jigs? Does anybody know? Ya, I'd sell it, 30 grand. They ain't makin any more.
SUNMAN
In memory of 1LT Fred Ransbottom, MIA 1968-2006. Kham Duc Special Forces Camp A-105.
Thanks Freddie.

Last edited by sunman; 12-09-2009 at 05:16 PM..
Old 12-08-2009, 03:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sunman,
So you know DON DID provide the MSO with a kit paid for in full. He sold many kits in phases, the MSO was not supplied until all three phases were paid for.

Leisure Industries, after buying CR's from Gary Rutherford retained the molds and jigs. Don then contracted with Leisure Industries to make the body's and frames. (?)

The little foil tag you speak of went by the way side years and years ago, but it too was not normally released until all three phases were paid for.

When the Bankruptcy was in full motion, record keeping went south. This is where A lot of guys tried to get an MSO for an un-paid for car/kit. Then they were caught in a very ugly "catch 22" didn't pay for all of the phases-NO MSO. Tried to pay for and accept the last of your car- NO parts!

If you have a full kit-and I am Jealous- wow, to build it or sell it? That is the question! Me? It has all come down to finances-reality, reality!

DV
Old 12-08-2009, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

There are a lot of cars and kits that arent being made anymore but that dosent mean they are worth a ton of cash........the fact there is an MSO available may add value to a sale but 30k.....i dont think so.....makes Ed's sound like a real bargain.