Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 12-08-2009, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

I was going to say that myself.. In fact I have a completed CR and I would sell it for 30k with all the fancy stuff on it (webers, coil-overs, 427 stroker) and maybe even the trophies I got for it.. If Ed doesn't sell his CR by April I might be interested in taking it.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadesters ltd, 302, T5
Not Ranked     

Hey, since we are talking about virgin Cr's I will sell my other virgin car, comes with complete kit, plus fresh 300HP 302, T5 Trans, and I will even assembly it so you can drive it home, then new owner can take it apart and paint it themselves. And I would gladly take 20K for this completed driver. Better consider it, they don't make these anymore.

But you will have to wait a year for delivery, gotta finish this first build.

Ray
Old 12-08-2009, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thats a great deal Ray but I wouldn't do it. Part of the fun was building it.. LOL In fact I think I enjoyed building it more than I do driving it.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yea, the fun is in the build, but since I gotta sell one of them to pay for the other sometimes you just got no choices.

I figure that my best hope with it painted and finished that 25K would be about as good a price as I could get in this economy.

I don't think I gotta worry, no one will come out of the wood work to buy it.

Ray
Old 12-08-2009, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

DV
So all that stuff is still in Fargo. I went through the Rutherford problems and felt really blessed when I was able to get a body and MSO. My family is from N Dakota and I went by CR many times and checked out their operation (1990) before I bought a kit. My granny warned me they were shady but I didn't listen. When I picked up my frame there were stacks and stacks of frames and bodies out in the snow. I should of taken some pictures. Thanks for the info.

rustyBob
My kit is NOT for sale. I plan to be buried in this car. BUT for a ton of cash you can buy anything I own and rent my girlfriend . To be serious though without a MSO you can not title a kit and DV said he doesn't have one. No title no street action. This thread is about what do I do now? so here goes. I was in the process of mounting a titled 67 Nova SS shell on my frame but then decided to risk getting a body from CR. Thats the kind of thing I would do now if all I had was a frame. You can do anything you want to a titled car in most states. Chopped, Chromed and Toasted, 454 / 400 turbo / 4:56 12 bolt fully caged tubbed 67 Nova SS "Two Lane Blacktop" style is all I ever ran. You gotta know I love the Cobras to give it up for the CR. I gotta figure out the photos and stuff on this site and I'll keep you posted when I start the build. I've almost got all the parts preped and ready to bolt on.

SUNMAN freezing in the midwest. Its like I'm back in St Paul down here!!!

Last edited by sunman; 12-09-2009 at 03:55 AM..
Old 12-08-2009, 09:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You don't need an MSO in every state.. Some will indeed title a car without it.. So if you have a CR and no MSO, just move to one of those states... LOL
Old 12-08-2009, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

HRAY
Sell a kit? Are you nuts? I saw TWO young men in your photos. You know you need TWO cars, one for each of them!!!

SUNMAN
Old 12-08-2009, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

1FASTSTANG,
Good idea. In fact find out what states do and I'll move there and start a finishing/titling service. If anybody lives in such a state let us know which one it it is.

SUNMAN
Old 12-08-2009, 10:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sunman: I have 19 other cars that those boys will grow up with.

Infact here is a short story; Tyler (the 11 yearold) was sitting in my just completed 31 A, coupe. About 300HP with very good cam. and very short large exhaust, similar to cobra. I was sitting in my chair polishing or doing something as we were visiting. he asked if he could start the car up. I said sure. He started it, it died, I told him to give a little gas, it fired up and ran good. He revved it up a couple times, i gave thim the kill it sign, then couple minutes he asked to do it again, so second time same thing. after shut down, he got out of car with his hands shaking and grinning ear to ear. I asked what is wrong, he said the car made his heart beat fast and gave him the shakes. Grinning ear to ear he said "papo that is going to be my car, I want that one".

I do think he is a gearhead already, he has been hanging out in my shop for at least 7 years. As much as I would love to keep them all I gotta start clearing out some day. So if a cobra goes the kids will not suffer.

Ray
Old 12-09-2009, 04:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hray

Only in America. As others have said, Will you adopt me?

SUNMAN
Old 12-09-2009, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sunman:

Adopt you, sure no problem, you just gotta be willing to work for food and an occasional beer.

Ray
Old 12-09-2009, 10:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

sunman.......if you could get 30k for that car i would be the first to say YOU DA' MAN.
there are IMO only about 3or 4 kit Cobras ever produced that i would even consider purchasing as an unassembled out of production kit.
I'm not going to name any names but there would have to be an MSO with that kit .
There was a couple of states that would let you get a BUILDERS title but i think that has been stopped also.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Michigan among others do NOT need and MSO and don't even bother looking at it if you do have one! Just receipts please.
DV
Old 12-09-2009, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

rustyBob

The car is "NOT FOR SALE".

I'm gonna drive the wheels off of it.

It will be my everyday driver, rain permitting.

I'm thinking about using a 86 STANG SVO 2.3 ltr turbo motor thats in my current 66 STANG everyday driver.

Bet ya never seen a Cobra with an intercooled turbo 4 cyl.

Add a touch of nitrous.

Back to the Cobras roots.

Life is a party. Baby hang on tight.

Sunman

Working outside, freezing like a Popcicle

Last edited by sunman; 12-10-2009 at 04:05 AM..
Old 12-10-2009, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

sunman......do it ,put that 4 banger in there,turbo that baby up with some nos.....YEAH
when i was first looking to build a Cobra i was looking for a slab side 289 car to put a Pontiac OHC 6cyl in with a 4 speed just to be different than everybodt else.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

rustyBob

You crack me up. Thanks for the support. Way back in the 70s I helped a buddy put a OHC 6 into his 69 Firebird convt. We had a BLAST in that car, Neil Young cranking "Rust Never Sleeps" on the cassette deck, hittin the disco clubs like we were rock stars. Hummm, the fresh 200 inch 6/ C4 from my 66 stang in on a stand next to the CR, wheres my tape measure???

Sunman

Smile and wave, just smile and wave.

Last edited by sunman; 12-12-2009 at 07:54 AM..
Old 12-12-2009, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

sunman thats whats nice about haveing a hobby like this you can get as wild as you want.......my last project was a 49 Willys Jeep p/u with a 350 buick V8, it's low, loud,and fun as heck to drive and draws more attention than my Cobra does ????
Old 12-14-2009, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics, 351W
Not Ranked     
Default Correction!!

Lone Star Classics HAS NOT filled bankruptcy. LSC has been 100% debt free since its conception in 1991 and remains so to date. We have never taken out a loan for anything. On the contrary, we’re doing well thanks to faith & the positive testimonies our customers are so generous in sharing.

LSC has an A+ rating with its local Better Business Bureau w/Zero complaints which is inconsistent for companies in bankruptcy.http://fortworth.bbb.org/check.html?compid=A3020296

Here is a link from recent media made involving LSC that you should check out to get a better idea for some of the things LSC IS doing as a company. Operation Comfort '09

For those in the market to build a kit, LSC has recently completed construction of its new LS427 Build School facility. The 5-day hands-on class teaches you everything you need to know about building an LS427. Get a 100% refund for the class if you place an order within 90 days of your class. Classes are $500 per adult and free to those under 18 w/parent.

January-April classes are already booked so call and book your class today. No need to bring your lunch. The BB-Qs on us!!

Brian Alexander
Lone Star Classics
www.LoneStarClassics.com
Old 12-15-2009, 06:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

now thats the kind of good news a guy likes to hear......way to go Lone Star.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Maker
Send a message via AIM to Bill E Send a message via Yahoo to Bill E
Not Ranked     

Ok I was not going to do this. I do have molds to fit the CR they will not fit our new car. They are old but servicable. I am not really intrested in building bodies for classic roadsters. If someone were to make me an offer that is reasonable, they could do it. A body from me costs $7,800.00. For a kit car that's too high. I am aware of this, but I am not in the kit car buisness. I have had lots of contact with people involved with classic roadsters, with all kinds of screwy deals thrown at me. Some of the people may have been legit, but I know a good portion of them weren't. Don't contact me unless your serious; I've had my stuff copied, credit taken, and chain jerked enough. I do not mind my things being copied if I get credit for it. Some of the guys on this site have been very good about giving us credit for what we come up with. The molds need work they are not perfect. They will still produse the way they are. Bill E