Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > General Discussion > Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself)

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mach 1 Fan
  • 1 Post By patrickt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2021, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default New member from NC

Hello all. I have joined this club in an effort to sell a Cobra we have. My father-in-law passed away and his wife now has the vehicle. It is currently in my garage in Charlotte, NC. I have various brochures of parts/assemblies put on the vehicle, but unfortunately, she does not know much about it. After driving it I feel that it was most likely a street/drag car.

One of the members here saw my ad on Classic Auto Trader and suggested I look for help here. There, I have done my best to include as much info. about the vehicle as I can. There are pics of everything that I thought would be helpful and she has asked that I price it at $67,000. As I know essentially nothing about these cars, I have no idea if this is even reasonable.

I guess I am asking for any and all help that I can get. I tried to post a for sale ad here but I cannot find it in the listing section, so I guess it didn't take. Hopefully, someone here will know what she has and will make us a fair offer. If not, I hope to at least learn more about it so I can try to price it accurately for her. Thank you for reading and in advance for any help you may give us.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:26 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorguy View Post
Hello all. I have joined this club in an effort to sell a Cobra we have. My father-in-law passed away and his wife now has the vehicle. It is currently in my garage in Charlotte, NC. I have various brochures of parts/assemblies put on the vehicle, but unfortunately, she does not know much about it. After driving it I feel that it was most likely a street/drag car.

One of the members here saw my ad on Classic Auto Trader and suggested I look for help here. There, I have done my best to include as much info. about the vehicle as I can. There are pics of everything that I thought would be helpful and she has asked that I price it at $67,000. As I know essentially nothing about these cars, I have no idea if this is even reasonable.

I guess I am asking for any and all help that I can get. I tried to post a for sale ad here but I cannot find it in the listing section, so I guess it didn't take. Hopefully, someone here will know what she has and will make us a fair offer. If not, I hope to at least learn more about it so I can try to price it accurately for her. Thank you for reading and in advance for any help you may give us.
Post it for sale HERE

Be sure to post all of the relevant information, manufacturer, drivetrain, interior color, exterior color, suspension, etc so it does not come off as a "look what I found on the web" fishing expedition that this post does.

Better yet, read THIS first.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 01-10-2021, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...lica/101375803
Old 01-10-2021, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1984 Aurora Cobra Mark II #153
Not Ranked     

As you do not know what kit this or many details about what you are trying to sell, I would suggest you take your car to Dennis Olthoff. His Cobra shop is located on Hwy 150 halfway between Mooresville and Salisbury. 30 minutes from you. Dennis knows more about Cobra's than anyone in N.C. He has helped me with my Aurora Cobra.

I would think for a small fee Dennis could prepare you a report on exactly what you have, its proper value, and then you can move forward with marketing it. Best of luck.
1795 likes this.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427, 482ci sideoiler
Not Ranked     

The advise offered above by mrmustang and Mach 1 Fan is spot on and should be your first step in attempting to sell this vehicle. Without having a realistic valuation you're going into the process blind and can't negotiate a fair price. If the link provided by spdbrake in post #3 is for the vehicle you're attempting to sell, it's my opinion your asking price is extremely optimistic. With that said, I could be wrong, I've not seen the vehicle and it may have value I'm not aware of. Good luck with your endeavor.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

The reality is that this forum doesn't sell all that many Cobras. There is a site that specializes in Cobra sales:

www.cobracountry.com
Old 01-10-2021, 12:28 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach 1 Fan View Post

I would think for a small fee Dennis could prepare you a report on exactly what you have, its proper value, and then you can move forward with marketing it. Best of luck.
I really like this idea the best.
twobjshelbys likes this.

Tags
429, automatic, fuel cell, hurst, side exhausts