Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2017, 03:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 Narrow Hip Street Roadster
Not Ranked     

Last week at ERA, #813 was sitting there waiting for the truck to come . The paint paint is just fabulous . Too anyone who has an ERA on order or thinking about one,the wait is well worthwhile.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasdoc View Post
Hey guys,

I'm soooo stoked! It's on the truck to be delivered..........TOMORROW!!!!! Finally !!!! Suppose to be at my house tomorrow afternoon sometime. I'll try to post a big update tomorrow with lots of pics of the car as well as the awesome 427FE Brent built for me. Stay tuned........
Well - did it arrive? Having too much fun to take pictures?
Old 01-24-2017, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #813, 427 FE Sideoiler
Not Ranked     

It did arrive and it is SPECTACULAR !!! Better than I imagined !! I got bogged down trying to figure out how to post pictures. I'm working on it right now.......
Old 01-24-2017, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Finally here !

Well Friday last week was awesome! I got the call from Intercity earlier in the week telling me they would be picking up my car at ERA in New Britiain, CT on Tuesday and planned to deliver it at the end of the week. I can tell you, despite waiting 20 months from the time I sent in my deposit check, the last few days when you know it's on the truck are the toughest!!! The Intercity driver texted me Thursday and told me he would be there around noon on Friday. Woohoo !!!! Friday morning, I cruise into work at my usual 6AM. I knew it was a semi light day at work and I should be home by 10 or 11. Forecast for the day was rain so I was a little bummed about the idea of unloading in the rain but at least for Kentucky in mid January, we weren't gonna be covered up in snow! Around 830, the driver calls me and says he's been looking at satellite images of my house and neighborhood and says he can't make it to my house because he's driving a full size tractor trailer with a double sleeper and oversized box trailer. Oh, and by the way, he's ahead of schedule and will probably be there around 11 !!!! Yikes, I quickly tied things up at work and headed out the door to a steady downpour. I had images in my head of pushing my car on the dollies a mile down the road in the pouring rain to get to my house. Not good !!! It all got better from there though. Within an hour I had borrowed a flat bed trailer, some tie-downs, and found a couple friends who were off work that day. The rain had quit and the sun actually started to come out. We met the driver about a mile and a half down the road from my house. I could understand why he couldn't make it to my house. He was in a huge truck.

He had some other cool cars on the truck. That GTR on the top was going to Hawaii. The Porsche he had to unload looked like it just came off the showroom floor. My car was under cover in the front. I got to go in and raise the cover. Wow, those Wimbledon White stripes seemed to glow even in the truck. We had quite a parade of vehicles spread out across about 3 driveways!

We soon had it transferred over to the trailer and the tie-downs on all ready to go. There were also 28 boxes including the ERA rear end which we loaded in the back of my truck. Back at my house we carefully unloaded everything.

ERA #813 was finally home!!

I guess it's time to start opening boxes and inventory everything!

The car is really amazing. I know why ERA is considered one of the best cobra replicas out there, and Connecticut Customs paintwork is phenomenal despite the wait. I'll try to post some better images as I learn more about taking pics and resizing them for optimal quality. The images above were just taken with my iphone and I kind of struggled trying to figure out how to get them into a post.
1985 CCX likes this.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Awesome - congratulations. Is that guardsman blue? Looks spectacular.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:27 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

That is very exciting. The more pics you can post, the better -- especially the higher resolution ones. I love to see the little changes they've made (at least since #732, which is a decade now!).
Old 01-24-2017, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

It is so nice to be able to stat getting your hands dirty! I can't wait myself Yes, you will truly enjoy your ERA, they are a wonderful car. Good luck, and get to work before the nice weather arrives!
Old 01-24-2017, 10:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Very nice. I'm sure it a big relief to see it in your garage - which by the way looks well prepped for it.

Did you have ERA do the rear suspension or are you doing that part yourself? Mine (which was bare kit - not painted) arrived with the rear suspension installed - but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gtk View Post
Awesome - congratulations. Is that guardsman blue? Looks spectacular.
Yep, That is Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White stripes.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
That is very exciting. The more pics you can post, the better -- especially the higher resolution ones. I love to see the little changes they've made (at least since #732, which is a decade now!).
I will try to post up some higher quality images. Those were just some quick pics with my iphone the day of delivery. It took me a while to figure out the image upload limits. Not exactly intuitive. I still haven't figured out how to upload attachments directly to a post. My files were all less than 39Kb but when I tried to upload directly to a post I would just get an "upload failed " error. No indication why. I'm on a MAC running Safari or Chrome. Not sure if that has something to do with it. Either way, I'll try to do better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
It is so nice to be able to stat getting your hands dirty! I can't wait myself Yes, you will truly enjoy your ERA, they are a wonderful car. Good luck, and get to work before the nice weather arrives!
I gotta find time to get crackin' on this thing. Wish I had about a month of vacation to knock it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
Very nice. I'm sure it a big relief to see it in your garage - which by the way looks well prepped for it.

Did you have ERA do the rear suspension or are you doing that part yourself? Mine (which was bare kit - not painted) arrived with the rear suspension installed - but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.
Thanks! Just finished the garage last year. The rear suspension not only isn't installed, it's not completely assembled. I asked them if I could get a discount on it if I did the assembly. What was I thinking !?!
Old 01-24-2017, 07:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

Vicariously yours...
AC
Old 06-07-2017, 10:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

Gasdoc,
How's the build coming?
Old 06-08-2017, 05:04 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Oooooh, I'd completely forgotten this build. Yes, an update please!
Old 02-21-2018, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #829, Ford 427
Not Ranked     

how is the progress? Do you have your motor in the car?

Rob
Old 01-01-2019, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 3018 - Lykins 289 H.O. SBF
Not Ranked     

Whatever happened to this build?

It's been a year since we've heard from gasdoc.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:09 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacobb View Post
Whatever happened to this build?

It's been a year since we've heard from gasdoc.
And he hasn't even logged on in almost a year and a half. Could be the ol' doc has bit the dust.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
And he hasn't even logged on in almost a year and a half. Could be the ol' doc has bit the dust.
Almost 2 years since his previous post?

Gary
Old 01-01-2019, 03:54 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz64 View Post
Almost 2 years since his previous post?

Gary
If you click on his user name, then choose "View Public Profile," it shows his Last Activity: 08-24-2017 10:35 AM -- That was the last time he logged in.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
If you click on his user name, then choose "View Public Profile," it shows his Last Activity: 08-24-2017 10:35 AM -- That was the last time he logged in.
Ah yes, so he is still around, just looking for now.

Last edited by Gaz64; 01-02-2019 at 03:13 PM..
Old 01-02-2019, 05:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#375, FE 428, 1966 block, built by Jim Coleman Racing Engines, Stratford, CT
Not Ranked     

Hummm... I hope everything is all right on his end. Not normal to get all the bits in and then go radio silent as it were.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: