17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 12-24-2013, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     
Default Kaspersky Internet Security software

BLOWS! Got to be the worst software on the market. Not only does it refuse to work, it killed my system.

I have been using KIS for a few years. My license expired, so I renewed. After two weeks of frustration, I couldn't get the new software to accept the new key code. Tried it on 3 different computers, too.

I contacted Kaspersky tech support. Their advice was RTFS, re-boot, and good luck.

I demanded a refund, which I got.

Then I un-installed the software, and that's where things went from bad to worse.

Now I don't have a mouse, and none of the keyboard windows commands work. The computer will boot up, but I can't access the system or any of the programs.

There are multiple fixes available. Kaspersky has a web page dedicated to this problem. They've know about it for years, but apparently refuse to fix it.

I have tried recover, disc restore, windows fix, even purchased commercial repair software. None of them have helped may. Today alone I'v wasted 3-4 hours trying to fix this. All to no avail.

I guess I'll take it in to a shop later this week and pay some one to edit the registry and get it fixed.

KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY BLOWS! whatever you do, don't buy it. You will probably regret it. I know I do.

Kaspersy Internet Security and Kaspersky antivirus have done more damage to my system than any virus I'v ever come in contact with.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto
Old 12-24-2013, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 8000 Slab Side series, 289 High Pro , Eight Stack EFI system ,TKO500
Not Ranked     

That's terrible, thanks for the heads up, and I hope you were backed up. George
think your neighbors have too many kids.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Yikes!! I"ve had Kaspersky for years without any problem, including re-newals. Hope they haven't gone downhill!! Good luck. Computer problems always suck!!!
Old 12-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Bob,

I don't know about Kaspersky, but most virus software companies have a removal file that you can download from their site that will remove everything that had anything to do with their software and also fixes the registry. I use AVG and one of the first things I did was download that file and store it on a stand alone hard drive in case I have to remove the program for some reason.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-25-2013, 10:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

I'v had KIS for years and it always seemed to work well. Invisible protection, that's what we want.

The new software package is just not that good.

The software package does include a removal and repair disc. Unfortunatly, It didn't work on my system.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto
Old 12-26-2013, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That does suck but you don't need to take it to a repair shop. My recommendation is to do a complete reinstall of the OS if this is a windows machine. Windows has built in recovery with options to completely wipe your C: Drive and reinstall windows to the original factory state. It will rebuild your registry from scratch and all orphaned/bad/ruminant registry entries deleted as part of that process. Your PC will be in the shape it was when you 1st bought it. It's a simple thing to do and pretty much 100% automatic. Just shut down, then power up and press the F10 key during boot. That will take you to your recovery options where a factory reinstall (complete C: Drive wipe) can be selected. Just did it on my Windows Vista laptop and it was EASY. Just make sure you have all the "executables" (.exe files you bought} saved to a CD or thumb drive so you can reinstall those later. If you take it to a repair shop that's what they would probably do, or worse - fix it so it runs but without necessarily really taking care of a registry filled with orphaned/bad/ruminant entries. If you do decide to do a complete reinstall, just make sure no peripherals are attached to your PC when you boot up in F10 mode, let windows reinstall then attach your peripherals and install any 3rd party drivers later.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

Personally and professionally we rely on ESET antivirus - (eset.com) - their stuff is great, fairly priced and works well with a low impedance profile. ( does not hog the whole box down )

Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com